Jump to content

The New Raith Rovers Thread


Recommended Posts

Can we just skip the tedious fag packet maths trying to work out what was paid out? The terms of the agreement will be strictly confidential and no one except those who pay and are paid the deal will ever really know how much it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, it's pretty clear that the entire saga has cost the club somewhere between £150-200k in direct payments. 

Who knows what indirect losses it's led to. Hard to quantify. 

Thank f**k it's done now and we can try and recover from it. 

 

Edited by Michael W
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

Everyone that turned their back on the club can return again. I fully expect a crowd of around 5000 for our next home game and Val to do the 50/50 draw. 

We could barely get 2000+ for most games before his signing. Would love to get 5000 fans at the club but the community at large aren't interested outside of the SPL seasons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can anyone clear up whether or not he's able to sign for Falkirk or Clyde since he's a free agent now?
 
He cannot sign for anyone in the UK until January. He can only sign for a club which is in a country where the transfer window is still open.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

We could barely get 2000+ for most games before his signing. Would love to get 5000 fans at the club but the community at large aren't interested outside of the SPL seasons. 

In theory there should be a way of getting much higher crowds into Starks Park, look how much the Pars get at their home games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He can only sign for a foreign club in a country which currently has a window open. Which isn't many.

He could also sign Lowland League, Highland League or lower if someone's willing to take the risk and flak that goes with it. The non Leagues don't operate windows.

Kilbirnie, they need a boost to their reputation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I mean, it's pretty clear that the entire saga has cost the club somewhere between £150-200k in direct payments. 

Who knows what indirect losses it's led to. Hard to quantify. 

Thank f**k it's done now and we can try and recover from it. 

 

Sims came out and said it’s not coming out of the club’s money  from the interview with the guy from the K107 

Edited by RRFC_Liam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Sims came out and said it’s not coming out of the club’s finances from the interview with the guy from the K107 

Whit?😲

The club has finances?

Haud me back!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Can we just skip the tedious fag packet maths trying to work out what was paid out? The terms of the agreement will be strictly confidential and no one except those who pay and are paid the deal will ever really know how much it is. 

This

Some like to come across as ITK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

I mean, it's pretty clear that the entire saga has cost the club somewhere between £150-200k in direct payments. 

Who knows what indirect losses it's led to. Hard to quantify. 

Thank f**k it's done now and we can try and recover from it. 

 

Why is it pretty clear?Are you party to the ins and outs of the payment details?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Why is it pretty clear?Are you party to the ins and outs of the payment details?

Basic mathematics. £50k transfer fee (widely reported, including via reliable media) plus his wages for two and a half years. 

The forum would be a very quiet place if contributions were limited only to people who were party to the goings on, financial or otherwise. 

Edited by Michael W
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

So he signs tommorow, FFS gie it piece emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.png

I don’t know if you’re joking or genuinely thick, but the transfer window has been closed since the start of September 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...