The New Raith Rovers Thread

Maybe I'm just being dense but from reading the article I still can't fathom out what this Hub is actually for and what it's use will be. Is it for folk utilising the pitch throughout the day/evenings to get changed, for parents to sit and have a coffee waiting on their bairns finishing a game/training class, office space for staff? Or all of the above? Looks nice none the less but when Sim is telling us the stadium in general requires thousands of £'s a season in maintenance you have to wonder if this is really something that's needed right now.

Updated Plans for Community Hub

From the looks of things I can see two bars, 1 I suspect for Hospitality potentially, a floor dedicated to the Rovers (weights, fitness suite, physio room etc) and some changing rooms for community use. The thing that has me confused from the article is the viewing area from the hub above the current seating. Are they gonna have a roof box on top of the North Stand?

3 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

Updated Plans for Community Hub

From the looks of things I can see two bars, 1 I suspect for Hospitality potentially, a floor dedicated to the Rovers (weights, fitness suite, physio room etc) and some changing rooms for community use. The thing that has me confused from the article is the viewing area from the hub above the current seating. Are they gonna have a roof box on top of the North Stand?

There will be panels removed behind the last row of seating to give a view of the pitch, which is a bit risky considering the folk at the back like to stand, the stewards will be busy.

9 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

There will be panels removed behind the last row of seating to give a view of the pitch, which is a bit risky considering the folk at the back like to stand, the stewards will be busy.

What a Rovers decision that would be. Here are some hospitality boxes for watching the game...beside the away fans 🤣

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Have we done any sort of research whatsoever about the possible demand for something like this? 

It seems somewhat unnecessary on the face of it.

No someone from the club just decided to phone a builder one day and asked if he had any bricks that he could do something out back of the stand, just whatever he had enough bricks for 🙄

FFS give them some credit 🙄

3 minutes ago, spot on said:

No someone from the club just decided to phone a builder one day and asked if he had any bricks that he could do something out back of the stand, just whatever he had enough bricks for 🙄

Yeah, you're right. Only money, eh?

Club's got plenty of that. Is Sim paying for it personally, or is this just another massive dent in our already alarming accounts?

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, spot on said:

I hope they have done more homework on this than they did on the portacabin anyway.

5 hours ago, Wardy said:

Dick has played quite well last couple of games so I wouldn’t drop him. 

5 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It probably won't be a popular view,  but he's been one of our better players this season. Certainly much improved on last campaign. 

I agree, but it’s still an opportunity to play a young, fast, darting LB and see if it changes anything. If Nolan or O’Riordan had been struggling, it would be an easy matter of keeping Dick at CB while giving Ngwenya a couple of shots…but nothings that easy. The risk we have of not playing Ngwenya at LB is teams feeling hesitant to loan us players at positions where they might no be an obvious starter (O’Riordan, until Lang returns, for instance, is a good loan for both sides…Ngwenya, not so much).

31 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

If we have money it's time we did something with the railway stand.

There are plans to demolish the railway stand and rebuild, however as you'd imagine this is extremely expensive. In terms of the community hub some on here have to stop having a dig at John Sim. If this gets the go ahead and is built it can only be good for the club and the community. My understanding is this is funded by Sim not the club.

It does look good but as previously mentioned JS was harping on in his latest interview about finances and how the Stadium requires thousands upon thousands of repairs and maintenance.Between that and the club shipping 150k a year,this hub thingy and the goodwillie debacle this man must have more money than I thought

It’s clear that the club / John sim have canvassed various groups within the community foundation to the potential requirements and need for a facility of this size , maybe the club have made some mistakes regarding the awful signing we made last season however they won’t commit to a huge sum of money for this development if it isn’t going to be a success, Also going by the plans there is going to be a new physio room along with a club gym which is obviously going to be moved from the main stand potentially more room for  new corporate / hospitality areas within the old stand ? Can only praise the club for improving facilities there won’t be much clubs out with the premier league with a community hub of that standard .

Edited by basher brash

While I agree the plans look great, I can’t help but feel slightly worried that the costs involved will have to come out of club funds either directly or indirectly. If SSP is spending lots of cash on this, does it mean that less is available to be invested in the football club?

Lets be honest, why on earth do we need a new 4 storey building when the main stand has changing rooms, hospitality and conference suites available that already can’t be filled.