The New Raith Rovers Thread

Connell dancing around Musonda for the first was quite satisfying. The hindsight being offered up that it was a mistake to let him go is clearly exposed in that one move and goal. Truth is he provided decent cover over the last couple of seasons but was never anywhere near our team when all defenders were fit.

Not sure he would've even got a start this season with our threadbare defence.

17 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Connell dancing around Musonda for the first was quite satisfying. The hindsight being offered up that it was a mistake to let him go is clearly exposed in that one move and goal. Truth is he provided decent cover over the last couple of seasons but was never anywhere near our team when all defenders were fit.

Not sure he would've even got a start this season with our threadbare defence.

Musonda was always fairly solid whenever he played for the most part. I recall McGlynn talking about perhaps moving him to a midfield role, similar to the one we have Brown doing now. You could see on Saturday that Musonda had a decent range of passing and there was probably some merit in doing that. Then of course everyone got injured last season and that ended that.

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

People flocking to watch a big box with a dead woman that they never knew being carted about is the very definition of fucking madness. I’m surprised this needed spelling out to you.

Same people that would have been moaning about the hours they had to queue at check in and security and time taken to retrieve their luggage when going their holidays

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Musonda was always fairly solid whenever he played for the most part. I recall McGlynn talking about perhaps moving him to a midfield role, similar to the one we have Brown doing now. You could see on Saturday that Musonda had a decent range of passing and there was probably some merit in doing that. Then of course everyone got injured last season and that ended that.

First season yes i would agree,  but he had some howlers last season. The midfield role was probably to keep him settled as it was obvious he was behind Bene, Berra and Lang for a centre half berth.

From what was on show on Saturday I would put him behind Nolan and O'Riordan too. When you look at our midfield options then he would be about 10th choice there :)

Not a bad player, reasonably solid, but prone to being done like a kipper. I don't think it was a bad decision to let him go at the time. The untimely retirement of Berra made it seem a worse decision than it was but no-one saw that coming.

I’m sure Connell having a stormer against Ayr won’t do him any harm with his parent club. Might have been a wee motivation for him.
He's also out of contract in January so has everything to play for. He shouldn't be lacking in motivation but definitely had a bit more of a swagger about him after his goal and rightly so.

I do wonder if we're going to have a game where we kick in to the mcdermaid stand in the first half again this season. I think that's the past 3 home games they've switched it.

25 minutes ago, grumswall said:

He's also out of contract in January so has everything to play for. He shouldn't be lacking in motivation but definitely had a bit more of a swagger about him after his goal and rightly so.

I do wonder if we're going to have a game where we kick in to the mcdermaid stand in the first half again this season. I think that's the past 3 home games they've switched it.

I wondered how many times out of the last 10 where Ayr have visited Starks that we’ve played the ‘wrong way’. I can’t be arsed checking, but it feels like they win the toss against us every single time. Other teams seem to have all caught on, too. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I wondered how many times out of the last 10 where Ayr have visited Starks that we’ve played the ‘wrong way’. I can’t be arsed checking, but it feels like they win the toss against us every single time. Other teams seem to have all caught on, too. 

Rovers won the toss and chose to kick towards the South Stand. Ayr kicked off.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We've lost every game we've went behind in this season so it is maybe a sensible tactic, even if it is a break from the norm.

Someone was saying up until Saturday, Ayr were the only team in the championship to have won a game after going behind (QP and Dundee).

Inverness did it at Dens last Saturday.

3 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Same people that would have been moaning about the hours they had to queue at check in and security and time taken to retrieve their luggage when going their holidays

Or the folk who have to queue in the rain at the office window to get a match ticket then queue again at the turnstyle to get in

Not entirely sure I’m seeing the link here. I’ve stood in an office queue to get a ticket for a game of football, and I’ve stood in a queue for check in at an airport, but that’s because they’re a necessity. 

Standing in a 24 hour queue to see a coffin that someone you don’t know is in, isn’t. 

Fair play if you want to do it though. 

26 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Not entirely sure I’m seeing the link here. I’ve stood in an office queue to get a ticket for a game of football, and I’ve stood in a queue for check in at an airport, but that’s because they’re a necessity. 

Standing in a 24 hour queue to see a coffin that someone you don’t know is in, isn’t. 

Fair play if you want to do it though. 

The difference is having to queue, rather than choosing to are irritations for many - twice for the same purpose (get into a match when once should do) and two or three times like cattle at an airport.