The New Raith Rovers Thread

I’m sure Connell having a stormer against Ayr won’t do him any harm with his parent club. Might have been a wee motivation for him.
He's also out of contract in January so has everything to play for. He shouldn't be lacking in motivation but definitely had a bit more of a swagger about him after his goal and rightly so.

I do wonder if we're going to have a game where we kick in to the mcdermaid stand in the first half again this season. I think that's the past 3 home games they've switched it.

25 minutes ago, grumswall said:

He's also out of contract in January so has everything to play for. He shouldn't be lacking in motivation but definitely had a bit more of a swagger about him after his goal and rightly so.

I do wonder if we're going to have a game where we kick in to the mcdermaid stand in the first half again this season. I think that's the past 3 home games they've switched it.

I wondered how many times out of the last 10 where Ayr have visited Starks that we’ve played the ‘wrong way’. I can’t be arsed checking, but it feels like they win the toss against us every single time. Other teams seem to have all caught on, too. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I wondered how many times out of the last 10 where Ayr have visited Starks that we’ve played the ‘wrong way’. I can’t be arsed checking, but it feels like they win the toss against us every single time. Other teams seem to have all caught on, too. 

Rovers won the toss and chose to kick towards the South Stand. Ayr kicked off.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We've lost every game we've went behind in this season so it is maybe a sensible tactic, even if it is a break from the norm.

Someone was saying up until Saturday, Ayr were the only team in the championship to have won a game after going behind (QP and Dundee).

Inverness did it at Dens last Saturday.

3 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Same people that would have been moaning about the hours they had to queue at check in and security and time taken to retrieve their luggage when going their holidays

Or the folk who have to queue in the rain at the office window to get a match ticket then queue again at the turnstyle to get in

Not entirely sure I’m seeing the link here. I’ve stood in an office queue to get a ticket for a game of football, and I’ve stood in a queue for check in at an airport, but that’s because they’re a necessity. 

Standing in a 24 hour queue to see a coffin that someone you don’t know is in, isn’t. 

Fair play if you want to do it though. 

26 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Not entirely sure I’m seeing the link here. I’ve stood in an office queue to get a ticket for a game of football, and I’ve stood in a queue for check in at an airport, but that’s because they’re a necessity. 

Standing in a 24 hour queue to see a coffin that someone you don’t know is in, isn’t. 

Fair play if you want to do it though. 

The difference is having to queue, rather than choosing to are irritations for many - twice for the same purpose (get into a match when once should do) and two or three times like cattle at an airport.

7 minutes ago, grumswall said:

We've technically won this cup back to back so as long as we get away from the game without any injuries etc then I couldn't care less about the result. Hopefully we see more game time for the likes of Spencer as well.

Not lost a game in this cup for over 4 years now!

A win would be nice to build on Saturday especially with 5 of our next 6 away from home, every bit of confidence and momentum will help.

However, any injuries to our paper thin squad would be a disaster, we don’t have a lot of scope to switch things up at this stage but hopefully see the likes of Ngwenya, Spencer, McBride, Thomson get a run out. Would have given Mitchell a start as well but after Connell’s performance on Saturday I would be starting him again to see if he can continue from there and get himself into a good run of form.