The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't know who the forward will be, or what type of forward he'll be but I can pretty much guarantee he'll be no better than what we've already got. 

Just like every other signing Murray has made this season. 

Probably get shot down in flames for this. But we have regressed so much since January, and it’s only going to get worse. Murray is way out of his depth here. Signing players who clearly aren’t up to the job. That defence OMG!! The “ we won’t be out fought” statement is as bad as that oaf Anelka stating we’ll be the third force in Scottish football. Sorry Murray, we’ve been out fought, out thought and out played since your arrival. 

20 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Maybe it is misguided of me to give Murray the benefit of the doubt but I just feel there is more here than meets the eye.

I don't think you are far from the truth here. Regardless of anything said there is the sense of a budget being reigned in. 

Murray taking this job is a bit of a gamble for both sides we risk the seaside league with a poor appointment as our form has been shite for 10 months at least. As for Murray this is his last good go at proving he can manage at this level. 

My take on Murrays post match interview is that it's not him that has just suddenly realised we need to get a striker. Rather someone in charge of the purse strings Will have no option but to pull their head out of their arse especially seeing as shock horror Vaughan isn't recovering as quickly as they've been banking on. 

I wonder of there is going to be a rather heated exchange of ideas about the squadimminently between manager and club.

12 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

A couple of very worrying statistics, without even thinking about the 22 years since we last beat Inverness -

We've already lost four league games this season and we're only just into September. It took until Boxing Day for us to suffer our 4th league defeat of last season.

Then we won only something like 1 in 10

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

A few boys in their element here, eh? 

We had an entire transfer window to bring in the one thing we seriously lacked a striker and the board and IM failed. Even on transfer window day we bring in at the 13th hour a player who appears to be a winger, not a very good one by reports elsewhere and he comes of the bench and is played through the middle. This follows a loan left back that's only appearance was out of position, a striker that couldn't cut it last season and a rightback that on yesterday's performance is clearly not Championship material. When you sign 1st Div players you quickly become a 1st Div club. 

Relying on Vaughan is a huge mistake, waiting to address the defensive issues on Lang returning is a massive mistake. But I'll say it again the biggest mistake is not identifying and signing a striker. The excuses, the false promises of we are close to 1 or 2 players had run its course. We need to see movement this week. Yesterday I left before the final whistle something I've never done before but it appears from people sitting round me that most have accepted we will probably finish at or near the bottom than challenge for top half. 

What makes it worse is we need experience, we had that with Benedictis who I thought needed to move on but on yesterday's performance Bene is exactly the type of defender and leader we need. No one in this current squad is a leader or a captain. Sorry for the rant.

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Benedictus would have solved nothing yesterday, and Murray has been pretty consistent in saying he's looking to bring a striker in - it just hasn't happened yet.

I also think we need experienced CH someone who’s between 26-29 to guide the others because when you’ve got an absolutely numpty playing at RB and a passive LB you’ll learn nothing tbh 

25 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

We had an entire transfer window to bring in the one thing we seriously lacked a striker and the board and IM failed. Even on transfer window day we bring in at the 13th hour a player who appears to be a winger, not a very good one by reports elsewhere and he comes of the bench and is played through the middle. This follows a loan left back that's only appearance was out of position, a striker that couldn't cut it last season and a rightback that on yesterday's performance is clearly not Championship material. When you sign 1st Div players you quickly become a 1st Div club. 

Relying on Vaughan is a huge mistake, waiting to address the defensive issues on Lang returning is a massive mistake. But I'll say it again the biggest mistake is not identifying and signing a striker. The excuses, the false promises of we are close to 1 or 2 players had run its course. We need to see movement this week. Yesterday I left before the final whistle something I've never done before but it appears from people sitting round me that most have accepted we will probably finish at or near the bottom than challenge for top half. 

What makes it worse is we need experience, we had that with Benedictis who I thought needed to move on but on yesterday's performance Bene is exactly the type of defender and leader we need. No one in this current squad is a leader or a captain. Sorry for the rant.

Your right bud no need to apologise 

2 things cost us yesterday a right back who is no where near championship level who has committed an unbelievably stupid challenge and a lack of a striking presence up front god knows how it’s took Murray yesterday’s result to realise this. The centre pairing of Nolan and O Riordan being slated why ? Thought they played well yesterday and caley didn’t look like scoring until Millen let his team mates/ fans down with that challenge , the game changed at that moment we don’t have the squad to chase a game and Murray’s tactics at the end is baffling when we don’t have a striker up top to potentially score that equaliser. 
Connell and Mcbride IMO aren’t good enough they both are inexperienced and haven’t got a proven track record however if that’s all the Club can afford come out and say that instead of comments from Sim stating a marque signing when it’s never going to happen. 

10 minutes ago, basher brash said:

The centre pairing of Nolan and O Riordan being slated why ?

Don’t think anyones slating Nolan and O’Riordan it’s mostly our 2 donkey full backs who’s getting stick but after yesterday it’s defo Millen how that guy is professional footballer at championship level al never know 

9 minutes ago, basher brash said:

2 things cost us yesterday a right back who is no where near championship level who has committed an unbelievably stupid challenge and a lack of a striking presence up front god knows how it’s took Murray yesterday’s result to realise this. The centre pairing of Nolan and O Riordan being slated why ? Thought they played well yesterday and caley didn’t look like scoring until Millen let his team mates/ fans down with that challenge , the game changed at that moment we don’t have the squad to chase a game and Murray’s tactics at the end is baffling when we don’t have a striker up top to potentially score that equaliser. 
Connell and Mcbride IMO aren’t good enough they both are inexperienced and haven’t got a proven track record however if that’s all the Club can afford come out and say that instead of comments from Sim stating a marque signing when it’s never going to happen. 

We could sign a decent player if we didn’t sign 2 x cheaper players like connell and Mcbride . Murray’s recruitment is more Gary Locke than Mcglynn so far and is more than a cause for concern. We haven’t signed enough good players, brown isn’t as good as rossco or Brad, connell isn’t as good as matej . Easton is a good player, 2 x cb look decent . Millen is poor , Ngwenya isn’t better than young so waste of a loan. Murray at fault for this 

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Don’t think anyones slating Nolan and O’Riordan it’s mostly our 2 donkey full backs who’s getting stick but after yesterday it’s defo Millen how that guy is professional footballer at championship level al never know 

I agree, however Nolan and O'Riordan need help, either from the defensive side of midfield, the fullbacks but also the manager. They are very inexperienced and need someone in their to help. Berra and or Bene would have been ideal. Both also like to play on the left side of centre defence. Nolan looks uncomfortable as he always wants it on his right foot. 

One observation I had yesterday as well is our centre mid. Very spread out. Brown sits deep, Stanton was out on the left trying to get width and Easton roomed about.

Next week I would change it. Back 3 of Dick, O'Riordan, Nolan. Gives a bit of balance.

Midfield of Brown sitting deep Stanton left Connolly right with Arnott and Spencer in centre. If Gullans fit move him left with Stanton in middle. Up top I'll go with a target man if signed with Easton in at 10. 

2 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I agree, however Nolan and O'Riordan need help,

I agree they need help that’s why I’ve said we still need an experienced CH someone who’s 26-29 to help them, but that’s also why we miss Matthews and Brad they dictate games from deeper and sit in front of that back 4 

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Next week I would change it. Back 3 of Dick, O'Riordan, Nolan. Gives a bit of balance.

Midfield of Brown sitting deep Stanton left Connolly right with Arnott and Spencer in centre. If Gullans fit move him left with Stanton in middle. Up top I'll go with a target man if signed with Easton in at 10. 

What? 😂