The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Can you not just f**k off

How many games until he loses the crowd completely? It started today, so defeats by Arbroath and Ayr should finish the job. There's not a chance in hell he's still manager by the end of the season. He'll do well to see in the New Year at Stark's. 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

The mere fact that frankie could play anywhere across the back , would've negated the need to sign Millen , academic now anyway we are where we are  

He'd have signed a right back regardless. Brown can play across the back, he hasn't so far.

Personally, I'd have Spencer and Stanton in a 4-3-2-1 next week and get Brown into right back.

It won't help our inability to convert a chance, however.

Just now, renton said:

He'd have signed a right back regardless. Brown can play across the back, he hasn't so far.

Personally, I'd have Spencer and Stanton in a 4-3-2-1 next week and get Brown into right back.

Might just stop the goals against though, fingers crossed Murrays reading your post

With Spencer coming back do we go with 2 sitting midfielders, Brown can do the dirty work and Brad can bring it out and move the play forward? 

Alternatively do we go with a 3 at the back with Dick as the 3rd centre half which takes away any need for him to go forward. 

Ngwenya as the lwb and somebody on the right maybe connolly. 

Either way we need the elusive forward for anything to work.

1 minute ago, renton said:

I’ll say it again, there is highlight video of Ngwenya shooting with his right foot, toss him over at RB, why the hell not? Let’s see what the laddie has when he plays a position he understands, as LB and RB are pretty similar.

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

With Spencer coming back do we go with 2 sitting midfielders, Brown can do the dirty work and Brad can bring it out and move the play forward? 

Alternatively do we go with a 3 at the back with Dick as the 3rd centre half which takes away any need for him to go forward. 

Ngwenya as the lwb and somebody on the right maybe connolly. 

Either way we need the elusive forward for anything to work.

That’s a nice thought…

Nolan/O’Riordan/Dick

Connolly/Brown/Ngwenya

Spencer or Stanton/Easton/Arnott or Coulson

Gullan or Mitchell or Connoll

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I’ll say it again, there is highlight video of Ngwenya shooting with his right foot, toss him over at RB, why the hell not? Let’s see what the laddie has when he plays a position he understands, as LB and RB are pretty similar.

I get what your saying Tx but it’s a massive gamble as tbh the lad hasn’t looked up to much in his limited game time, let’s see what Murray comes up with next week 

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That’s a nice thought…

Nolan/O’Riordan/Dick

Connolly/Brown/Ngwenya

Spencer or Stanton/Easton/Arnott or Coulson

Gullan or Mitchell or Connoll

Doubt Gullan will be fit if its his hamstring or groin, maybe this fictional striker will make an appearance though 😉 

10 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Some proper heads gone stuff at full time today. Couple of boys in particular fit to burst. Anyone on here?

No I left straight after the 2nd goal. Anyway an easy way to ditch the pathetic fullbacks we have is to sign an experienced CB and play 3 at the back. Load the midfield with 5 which will hopefully create width that is currently lacking and put 2 up top hopefully an experienced CF. Brown can sit deep with Stanton/Easton and Spencer in the centre along with Connolly and Ross/McBride on the other side.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Murray wants to get the ball down and play further up the park. He isn't interested in McGlynn's build from the back style. His whole 4-1-3-2 type formation is built towards pressing opposition defences when we don't have the ball and overwhelming teams when we do: the quick ball forward

What Murray wants and what Murray gets clearly doesn’t work. We haven’t got the players to play a  more forward attack role. Defence is the biggest problem we face. All teams need to do is bypass the many weak areas in right and left wing and we’re gazumped. 4 defeats tells its own story. 

Just now, Beastie Russell said:

In the short time Spencer was on the pitch you can see he’s 100 times the player Scott Brown is.

Think the ‘captain’ needs a wee seat on the bench, offered little and when he did it was to slow the game down.

I think the ‘captain’ will be benched once our real captain comes back 

That was canary in the coal mine stuff in my opinion. Up until the hour mark we were the better team but couldn’t score - it isn’t a coincidence that we can point to missed chances in all four defeats so far. To see the manager saying it’s “obvious” we need a striker a mere three months after taking the job is…. Well, frustrating to say the least.

Ross Millen is diabolical. I really don’t want to jump on a bandwagon and make a victim of someone but it’s alarming to be going through a season with him as our RB.

The major concern for me though is this absolutely weird tactic of the manager, taking defenders off for attacking players when we’re behind. Nolan off for Ross at 70 seemed a sensible change, drop Brown back to CB because ICT are pressing the midfield but letting the CBs pick their passes. Sensible move to put a midfielder with reasonable passing ability there, right? No. 3-4-3 with two full backs still playing LB and RB, leaving effectively one at the back. With twenty minutes left! We lost all control of the game and Caley should’ve finished us off long before they did. It’s just handing the game away.

I was encouraged by Hamilton away, where we genuinely played well and looked like a team on the up. Today has taken us back to the feeling after Cove. Big, big game next week.

Some interesting points being made along with some real heads gone stuff too.

However the jury is sitting on Mr Murray though as he needs to have us doing better, much better. 2 wins and 3 defeats is not the form that anyone would have thought we'd start with, it isn't good enough.

We can offer a host of excuses with injuries and new players but IMO his recruitment has been worse than McGlynns.  The failure to recruit an out and out striker to a team that every fan knew needed one is quite bizarre. However the failure to redress the issue at centre half to where we are now is beyond that!  That he signed two midfielders to an already adept midfield squad whilst not addressing those other more important issues is nothing short of criminal.

So far his recruitment:

Brown, midfield rock but better than Matthews? Utility man? Jack of some trades and master of none, he's not a patch on Musonda imo.

Easton, good on his day but has been a bit hot and cold. Still possibly his best signing though.

Nolan, weak, one footed, indecisive, slow (thought wise) and doesn't move the ball well.

O'Riordan, classy for one so young, he must be wishing it was Christmas and he can go home. Probably the best bit of business Murrays done.

Ngenya and Connell, squad fillers at best a complete waste of a loan,

Millen, complete charlatan and a total waste of a wage.

McBride and McNeil, too early to say hopefully they will prove better value than the last 3.

Unless I've miscounted thats 11 gone and 9 in, with the exception of Riley Snow any of the other 10 (9 if we miss out Dario) would be shoo-ins to start in that team. Of the 9 brought in I can think of only two who have done enough to warrant their signing.

It's not all IM's fault though, the BoD are massively culpable for the position the club are in too. 

Edited by Scottydog

5 minutes ago, Paco said:

Ross Millen is diabolical. I really don’t want to jump on a bandwagon and make a victim of someone but it’s alarming to be going through a season two seasons with him as our RB.

Sorry, but FIFY…