The New Raith Rovers Thread

Some of our best signings have been those where fans of other teams have written the player off. Granted the above reviews are pretty scathing though.

I'd never heard of him, the fact that he appears to have failed at Stenhousemuir and Queens Park doesn't bode well, however I would remind everyone that Barry McKay was honking for us a few years ago. 

9 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Let’s give the boy a chance before we judge him eh👍 Other fans of other teams have their opinions on him but every time over fans have written a player off he does well for us so let’s just see him in a rovers shirt first 

Where the fun in that?

6 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Let’s give the boy a chance before we judge him eh👍 Other fans of other teams have their opinions on him but every time over fans have written a player off he does well for us so let’s just see him in a rovers shirt first 

I whole heartedly agree with this and we've had plenty of good players written off by other clubs over the years. 

That said when Stenhousemuir are warning you off somebody because they couldn't cut it in the bottom tier it's going to be a case of expecting the worst and anything else is a bonus. 

55 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Is that level not pretty terrible?  I'm sure Harry P scored for fun in that league.  

It's full of players that show promise and get signed, then fester as they keep playing against kids and don't develop. 

Released at 22/23 having had a few unsuccessful loan spells on the lower adult leagues is usually the gist of it. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Falkirk forum not impressed by him, BPM reports:

“His Dad is an agent and the lad has had a few clubs for someone so young. 
Not really seen him TBH. Don’t think he played against us, certainly didn’t start. “

Where does this quote suggest they were not impressed by him. Yet another needless negative post 🙄

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It's full of players that show promise and get signed, then fester as they keep playing against kids and don't develop. 

Released at 22/23 having had a few unsuccessful loan spells on the lower adult leagues is usually the gist of it. 

The same happens up here with the "bigger" clubs to some extent. Young players snapped up, sit in the B side or as some call them for no reason at all, the "colts" teams and then are released.