The New Raith Rovers Thread

10 minutes ago, Raithie said:

See RaithTV tweeting if your watching from abroad you can't just watch an individual match. You need to subscribe to a monthly or 12 monthly pass. Not sure if that's always been the case. 

Seems very odd. I had watched the odd individual game abroad pre-covid. Don’t think that was tied up with a season ticket either.

30 minutes ago, Raithie said:

See RaithTV tweeting if your watching from abroad you can't just watch an individual match. You need to subscribe to a monthly or 12 monthly pass. Not sure if that's always been the case. 

It's thanks to the new SPFL rules, few other clubs have been saying the same thing, seems clubs are being forced to do it as a subscription, either monthly or full season.  Guessing SPFL don't want people using VPNs to get round it and ordering one off games when their club is away from home and hoping that making it a subscription thing people won't think it's worth it.

Under the current SPFL regulations, we are unable to offer a pay-per-view pass on an individual game basis. We also cannot tie streaming access to a season ticket in a virtual season ticket.

Edited by SanStarko

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

It was the case. Folk that watched an individual match must have bought a monthly international pass.

EDIT: Pre-COVID, I mean.

Edited by Roath Raver

On 02/08/2022 at 09:56, Raith_Raver said:

Well In that case  it's about when he plays, not how he plays which I was referring to, but they've got to try to be smart.

A gradual return happens when anyone is returning from being out for a while, whether its a physical injury like ACL or recovery from a medical condition.

"Extreme caution"  - f**k me.

Simmer doon ya melon. 

Aye extreme caution, no like the past 3 where he gets thrown strait back in playing 90min games on heavy pitches or old astro pitches in bad condition.

Getting the ok to resume playing after an ACL injury doesn't mean he's 100%.

26 minutes ago, Hadji said:

Simmer doon ya melon.

Aye extreme caution, no like the past 3 where he gets thrown strait back in playing 90min games on heavy pitches or old astro pitches in bad condition.

Getting the ok to resume playing after an ACL injury doesn't mean he's 100%.

You and facts don't seem to get on much. His first ACL was in 2015, the next in 2019 and the other nine months later, and the present one two years after that.

That's good enough for you to call "being thrown strait(sic) back in" ...

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

You and facts don't seem to get on much. His first ACL was in 2015, the next in 2019 and the other nine months later, and the present one two years after that.

That's good enough for you to call "being thrown strait(sic) back in" ...

The thing about his first one is that by the time he got back, Locke was in charge and after a few early games showed his utter stupidity by clearly not wanting Vaughan in his side. Ironically thats the one time he probably had a proper rest with only training and some sub appearances until he went out on loan to Dumbarton.

We then get about a season and a half out of him (though he was again injured at the start of Smith's second season again) by which point McGlynn is in charge. I think he probably did get thrown in too early for the next one he did. IN the intervening spell we had Covid and the season he enxt appeared in was shortened and which he missed the start of, all of which might have helped his recovery to last through that time. The next full McGlynn pre-season he got after that, his knee broke down within a half dozen games.

There is no doubt that if he's back fit in September, October or whenever we need to phase him - for match fitness if nothing else - but also so his knee can build up strength under match conditions. I'm sure there are some outstanding medical issues going back to his first operations as to why he subsequnetly tor his ACL again that hopefully have been fixed these times around. However I don't think it's realistic to have him putting in 90 minute shifts after he's done a week or two full training.

My feeling would  be - pessimistic as it sounds - that if we get Vaughan to a place where he's contributing to the team regularly by January then that would be a big achievement for all concerned.