The New Raith Rovers Thread

I think with the squad as it is he should play a 4-2-3-1 v Dundee with 

Jammer

Millen      Nolan    Dick     Ngwenya

Brown  Stanton 

Connolly        Easton.          Ross

Connell

then you can sub on Dario, gullan and arnott who could actually make an impact. Going forward there is more scope to change things with Brad/rossco back soon( Stanton dropped) Connell played on his own up top at EF and maybe we can get Easton freed up to create 

We need an experienced centre back end off. This will give a bit of confidence to the rest off the defence, someone for Nolan to play next to and learn from. It will also enable us to play Brown in the sitting midfielder role where he is desperately needed as Matthews and spencer are the only other options there neither of which is fit.

It will also allow the players forward of this to play in their more natural positions. 

It might cost money but we need to pay it. 

As for the Poplatnik debate

he actually scored goals, I don't see any goals coming out this team at the minute. 

Edited by pub car king

6 hours ago, Been going too long said:

I think with the squad as it is he should play a 4-2-3-1 v Dundee with 

Jammer

Millen      Nolan    Dick     Ngwenya

Brown  Stanton 

Connolly        Easton.          Ross

Connell

then you can sub on Dario, gullan and arnott who could actually make an impact. Going forward there is more scope to change things with Brad/rossco back soon( Stanton dropped) Connell played on his own up top at EF and maybe we can get Easton freed up to create 

Agree with this. Ideally we will sign a centre half so that Dick doesn't need to play there. The players we have don't suit his 4-4-2. 

28 minutes ago, pub car king said:

We need an experienced centre back end off. This will give a bit of confidence to the rest I'd the defence, someone for Nolan to play next to and learn from. It will also enable us to play brown in the Sutting midfielder role where he is desperately needed. As Matthews and spencer are the only other options there neither of which is fit. It will also allow the players forward of this to play in their more natural positions. 

It might cost money but we need to pay it. 

As for the Poplatnik debate

he actually scored goals, I don't see any go's coming out this team at the minute. 

We need an experienced defender who is quick and good with the ball at his feet. Hard to find at this level but like you say, necessary. 

Listening to the k107 interview and genuinely struggle to understand some players. "I don't want to leave my home town." Or "I don't want to play on Astro". Absolute children's stuff. 

My mate who is a pars season ticket holder ( I know I know🤦🏻‍♂️) said efe Ambrose was solid in that he won headers/tackles well but was just 💩 with the ball at his feet, saw Ambrose was watching the accies game yesterday but he is experienced and when Nolan gets up to speed you would imagine he will be better with the ball considering he has been coached abroad. We might be worth getting him in on trial ( can’t believe I’m suggesting this) he is physical and experienced or did anyone see the Hartlepool score yesterday 👀 there might be some Scottish players available in January if things continue 😂

Edited by Been going too long

Time to drop Stanton- he’s been at fault for goals against Stirling, gave away a pen against Aberdeen and massively at fault for 2nd goal yesterday. Looks decent on the ball at times , but how many games have we won since he’s arrived? 

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

My mate who is a pars season ticket holder ( I know I know🤦🏻‍♂️) said efe Ambrose was solid in that he won headers/tackles well but was just 💩 with the ball at his feet, saw Ambrose was watching the accies game yesterday but he is experienced and when Nolan gets up to speed you would imagine he will be better with the ball considering he has been coached abroad. We might be worth getting him in on trial ( can’t believe I’m suggesting this) he is physical and experienced or did anyone see the Hartlepool score yesterday 👀 there might be some Scottish players available in January if things continue 😂

A. Trialists are not allowed in our league.

B. Effe Ambrose is fucking awful.  

5 minutes ago, ped24 said:

Time to drop Stanton- he’s been at fault for goals against Stirling, gave away a pen against Aberdeen and massively at fault for 2nd goal yesterday. Looks decent on the ball at times , but how many games have we won since he’s arrived? 

No, we don't need to drop him, we need to use him in a position he's comfortable in and not the holding midfield role with no support. 

57 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

January might be too late, we are in serious trouble. The board are defiant that they won’t back the manager. Losing our whole defence is the biggest crime of the season. If it’s true that guys won’t come because of this and that, then we’ll be in a real fight for survival. I know I’m maybe over reacting. But the proof is in the pudding. Struggled badly against Dumbarton and Stirling Albion in competitive games, and now in the league. We can’t rely on the long term injured coming back to save our season. That’s like a how many games till injury bingo. 

6 minutes ago, ped24 said:

7 minutes ago, ped24 said:

I can't believe anyone would hold Stanton responsible for the penalty at Aberdeen. All he did was slide in to try to retrieve someone else's cock up.

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

No, we don't need to drop him, we need to use him in a position he's comfortable in and not the holding midfield role with no support. 

Is that not his position? Assumed it was due to him always playing there. He’s played 15 league games for us- we have won 3.  

Stanton is one I'm very much on the fence with. He has been played out of position andeft exposed by others around him. Yet on the other hand he was in the team for most of the time he's been here and the amount of games he's been influential in or gripped up are minimal regardless of position he's played in. 

The guy is a good technic football player but there might be a reason he's kicking about with us and I just don't see us getting fhe best out of him especially not at the minute. 

Just watched the highlights and the problems areas are there for all to see. The board have to address the problems that they created. Either they spend money to strengthen what could be a good team or try to get others involved, like outside investment……oh wait the Emperor chased away the good people didn’t they. 

27 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

So is our defence 🤷🏻‍♂️ and I meant on trial at training to see how he does

Everyone can see the issues with the defence.  They aren't solved by bringing in a terrible footballer for the sake of it.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Ambrose?! Do you guys miss us already or something? He'd be an awful, awful signing. His legs are done that I genuinely think he'd struggle at League Two level.

Don’t worry, things go the way they are, we might pass you on the way down. What a shit situation we find ourselves in. I’ve never seen regression like that since A#%€a

Realistically how many centre half's of the type we need are still hanging around? A young loan player won't cover the profile and we have no money to take a player who another team might want to cash out on. 

Cove had 4 of these type of lads available to them. Christophe was that guy for us and we are now left high and dry. I assume Christophe was advising IM on Who to keep and hence 3 Centre half's left. Its only good business if you release and replace with better quality. We are considerably worse of at present.

Post match interview was really interesting as there is an obvious difference in reaction to McGlynn. Wonder how players will take to this message. However its not just reaction needed it's recruitment.