The New Raith Rovers Thread

55 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

I think it's pretty clear Young wouldn't get a game for either Kelty or Cove so I'd suggest yeah the loanee probably is a better player.

Disagree…he’d start for Kelty, and possibly would have for Cove before the recent move.

52 minutes ago, Graeme57 said:

Young is one for the future get him in the team now 

100% agree, but he’s likely behind Ngwenya, at least after this game.

Two players in 1 day and ones actually plays in a position we need a player in. 😲

edited to add, we know nothing about him but he’s a good size and the right age hopefully he can play a bit too.

it’s a move in the right direction if

Edited by Scottydog

I think young will do well but a bit of time on loan is not the worst thing for him at this stage. Keeping him away from whatever frankenstein creation of a defence Murray is tinkering with will be a blessing for the lad.  

1 minute ago, Scottydog said:

Two players in 1 day and ones actually plays in a position we need a player in. 😲

So, just a note, if he’s healthy, he replaces Dick, who starts ahead of Ngwenya…or Brown and starts with Dick? I’d hope the later, honestly.

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

I think young will do well but a bit of time on loan is not the worst thing for him at this stage. Keeping him away from whatever frankenstein creation of a defence Murray is tinkering with will be a blessing for the lad.  

If Dick and Ngwenya are both acceptable LB’s to Murray, and we have someone to cover where ever else Dick is covering (CB or RB, God help us), then a loan for Young should be possible…and would be an excellent result.

42 minutes ago, Graeme57 said:

Young will be the next player to make money for the rovers when we transfer him to the old firm 

Nope, Arnott is the next cash cow, then Young…except Young is out of contract in May! Get the laddie a full time contract, now.

Just now, pub car king said:

Murray looks like he fancies Dick in the centre of that defence for whatever reason. Which would move Brown into midfield where we need his skills. 

Screenshot_20220728-210024_Chrome.jpg

So you’re saying we have Dick in the middle to cover all those balls swinging in?

An Inter Milan youth player and a Malawian international! What a days business!!!

How many first team games have the pair managed between them?

A mere detail! This time next year we’ll be in the Premiership.

As expected, it's confirmed. Makes the signing of Ngwenya a bit more understandable. Currently 3 of our defenders have suffered ACL injuries, but that's standard for us at this point. All the best to the lad. Glad we've got someone on board who is an actual centre half. 

The only obvious fly in the ointment is he is another central defender who's torn a cruciate (in Spain) though, ah well so what! Welcome to the club lad. 

Edited by Scottydog