The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

Aye, a bit more positive news from Murray's interview. Looking for two more in, might not be ready to go straight into the starting line up after only a day's training, but he intends to have them stripped and in the squad. 

Is the interview up now?

Some quotes and my thoughts on them.

"We haven't played a single league game yet.  If we go the first three games of the season without picking up a single point and Murray is still struggling to bring players in then I could understand being upset

No we haven't but we've been held by two lower league sides that I'm sure a Raith side of the last 3 seasons would have dispatched. That we don't start the league campaign well is my main worry, but why shouldn't supporter be upset with the fact that we couldn't get out of an easy group and picked up a cash tie against Rangers?  Reason enough to be annoyed in my book.

"We all know, Murray included, that we're short on centre-halves, more so this week than last, but I genuinely cannot think of a single one who is available in Scotland that I'd like to see here."

Yet this isn't news is it? This has been the case since he came into the job 65 days ago, true it has been exacerbated by the retirement of Berra but IM has had over 2 months to do something about it and as I type we are NOW less than 48 hours from the opening league fixture.  The fact that CH's are a rare commodity in this country make it even more ludicrous that we now allowed FOUR of the 5 who played last season to slip away.

Now before some knob jumps in with the apparent fav phrase of the moment "knicker wetting" Surely a better question is how can any supporter of the Rovers not be concerned? Even if Murray signs two central defenders and a striker today they will be complete strangers to their teammates up at the Balmoral Stadium. God how I wish we'd kept Musonda and McKay.

19 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Some quotes and my thoughts on them.

"We haven't played a single league game yet.  If we go the first three games of the season without picking up a single point and Murray is still struggling to bring players in then I could understand being upset

No we haven't but we've been held by two lower league sides that I'm sure a Raith side of the last 3 seasons would have dispatched. That we don't start the league campaign well is my main worry, but why shouldn't supporter be upset with the fact that we couldn't get out of an easy group and picked up a cash tie against Rangers?  Reason enough to be annoyed in my book.

"We all know, Murray included, that we're short on centre-halves, more so this week than last, but I genuinely cannot think of a single one who is available in Scotland that I'd like to see here."

Yet this isn't news is it? This has been the case since he came into the job 65 days ago, true it has been exacerbated by the retirement of Berra but IM has had over 2 months to do something about it and as I type we are NOW less than 48 hours from the opening league fixture.  The fact that CH's are a rare commodity in this country make it even more ludicrous that we now allowed FOUR of the 5 who played last season to slip away.

Now before some knob jumps in with the apparent fav phrase of the moment "knicker wetting" Surely a better question is how can any supporter of the Rovers not be concerned? Even if Murray signs two central defenders and a striker today they will be complete strangers to their teammates up at the Balmoral Stadium. God how I wish we'd kept Musonda and McKay.

Nail head firmly hit, 

From his interview it sounds like we have indeed signed these other players. May be some paperwork being organised in the background but we may still have an update this evening or I'd expect tomorrow morning at the latest.

My trust is still with him and I am personally glad he hasn't panic signed, bringing players he has obviously accessed himself.

10 minutes ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

Just because QoS got Rangers in the draw doesn’t mean we would’ve got them as well, I agree we should’ve qualified but the seeding would’ve been different if we did.

Agreed but it doesn’t change the fact it was disappointing 

We’ll need signings…as I see our depth chart (* injured, ^ out of position)

Keeper: MacDonald/Thomson/McNeil (presumed signed)/Bow

CB: Masson, Lang*, Brown^, Dick^

LB: Dick, Ngwenya, Young

RB: Millen, Brown^

M: Brown, Stanton, Spencer*, Matthews*

LM: Ross

AM: Easton, Arnott

CF: Gullan, Vaughan*, Mitchell^

LW: Zanatta, Mitchell, Coulson

RW: Connolly

To me, the signings should be 2 CB’s, with at least one able to cover RB. A striker is a luxury signing right now.

38 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Yeah his interview basically says it's Kieran and 2 others who'll both be stripped Saturday and will train Friday.

Wondering when we’ll get the story on McNeil?

Is this Kieran lad any better than our own man Young, it'll be interesting to see who the other two are and what position they normally play in

With whats gone on since January I'm not filled with confidence for the season ahead

31 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Is this Kieran lad any better than our own man Young, it'll be interesting to see who the other two are and what position they normally play in

With whats gone on since January I'm not filled with confidence for the season ahead

29 games last year with Kelty…7 with Cove, a couple of minutes with Aberdeen and a game with Malawi the season before. The reality is he has more experience than Young, but hasn’t played as much at/above this level as Young.

We’ll ask the Kelty faithful….

Was at least a 7/8 every game he played for us last season would take him back in a heartbeat 

Edited by TxRover

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

29 games last year with Kelty…7 with Cove, a couple of minutes with Aberdeen and a game with Malawi the season before. The reality is he has more experience than Young, but hasn’t played as much at/above this level as Young.

We’ll ask the Kelty faithful….

Ah well its another defender if nithing else

41 minutes ago, TxRover said:

We’ll need signings…as I see our depth chart (* injured, ^ out of position)

Keeper: MacDonald/Thomson/McNeil (presumed signed)/Bow

CB: Masson, Lang*, Brown^, Dick^

LB: Dick, Ngwenya, Young

RB: Millen, Brown^

M: Brown, Stanton, Spencer*, Matthews*

LM: Ross

AM: Easton, Arnott

CF: Gullan, Vaughan*, Mitchell^

LW: Zanatta, Mitchell, Coulson

RW: Connolly

To me, the signings should be 2 CB’s, with at least one able to cover RB. A striker is a luxury signing right now.

What is abundantly clear from looking at that squad list/positions is the song 🎶 for Scott Brown 

he’s here, he’s there, he’s every fucking where Scotty Brown,Scotty Brown!!! 
he is going to be a busy boy 😂😂