The New Raith Rovers Thread

15 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

You're not alone, mine hasn't come through yet either. 

Ian Murray quoted 48 to 72 hours for some progress on a new signing in his post-match on Sunday, so I think I'll set up a big 24 style digital clock to start running from 5pm this afternoon... 

Slightly more seriously, see this new arrival that was scuppered by Covid - does anyone have any more information on the parameters there? Is it a case of the new player self-isolating so the deal can't be finalised, or something beyond that? Short of being able to attend a medical, I'm coming up short on reasons why Covid would prevent a new signing. 

Yeah,  I did wonder that. The only reason I can think of is if the signing got long Covid. 

39 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Slightly more seriously, see this new arrival that was scuppered by Covid - does anyone have any more information on the parameters there? Is it a case of the new player self-isolating so the deal can't be finalised, or something beyond that? Short of being able to attend a medical, I'm coming up short on reasons why Covid would prevent a new signing. 

Was wondering that myself. In this day and age you'd think an electronic signature would suffice to get the deal done if it's just a case they are self isolating at the moment so can't come into Starks to sign the contract in person. 

9 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Or isn't vaccinated. A lot of clubs are shunning players who aren't these days.

Those are good points. No idea how these things work so I could be totally wrong, but maybe it's an insurance thing - if insurers will demand a hefty premium for signings where the player is unvaccinated, or currently infected in case they develop long COVID? I wonder if other clubs have had similar issues with signings falling through due to COVID?

1 hour ago, Rover the Moon said:

What’s going to arrive first - a new signing or my season ticket?

My season ticket never arrived at all last season. Just had too use the photo on the email every game. 

16 minutes ago, Kuma Power said:

Those are good points. No idea how these things work so I could be totally wrong, but maybe it's an insurance thing - if insurers will demand a hefty premium for signings where the player is unvaccinated, or currently infected in case they develop long COVID? I wonder if other clubs have had similar issues with signings falling through due to COVID?

The club haven't insured players for years, they've sucked up wages and paid for operations when they wanted to in this period.

The only Covid money they got was via the grant and furlough if they applied for it.

37 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Was wondering that myself. In this day and age you'd think an electronic signature would suffice to get the deal done if it's just a case they are self isolating at the moment so can't come into Starks to sign the contract in person. 

The club will have to carry out a medical / fitness test on any signing and that's unlikely to happen when a player has covid, especially if he's fatigued.

46 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Probably doesn't matter so much now for clubs like us since there are no additional restrictions on non-vaccinated players and we are not playing in Europe. 

Maybe the guy is gubbed with Covid, perhaps it was a delaying tactic in the hope a better offer came in. Who knows. 

Bloody annoying whatever it is, though. 

Edited by Michael W

9 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

The club will have to carry out a medical / fitness test on any signing and that's unlikely to happen when a player has covid, especially if he's fatigued.

I'm guessing this wasn't done prior to the signing of Keatings and Lang? 😜

55 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

If you haven't received your season yet do as I did get down to the office and pick it up. At least then the wait will be over that's to say if they haven't lost your details.

Handy if you live near Stark’s. But it’s surely not much to ask for the ticket you’ve stumped up a fair wedge to buy to be sent in good time before the season starts. They’ve been on sale for about 2 months now. It’s basic stuff for a football club.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

What a lot of pish 😂

Guys probably been ill and testing positive so they’ve not wanted him in the building, it’s provably that simple  

42 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What a lot of pish 😂

Guys probably been ill and testing positive so they’ve not wanted him in the building, it’s provably that simple  

Yes probably is. Clubs not signing unvaccinated players will happen more in the bigger leagues, a few EPL clubs are rejecting them outright for example. 

Rover the Moon phone the office then and ask them what's happening. I went down only because I was near that day and was like yourself a wee bit fed up waiting on it arriving when I had been told several time and this includes the fans rep on the board that they were in the post. So give them a call just to push them along.

31 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Rover the Moon phone the office then and ask them what's happening. I went down only because I was near that day and was like yourself a wee bit fed up waiting on it arriving when I had been told several time and this includes the fans rep on the board that they were in the post. So give them a call just to push them along.

I called on Friday.  Ordered it weeks ago.  Ordered my grandsons a week later.  His one arrived 2 weeks ago.  Mine nowhere.  Spoke to them on Friday and they said they were posting it out again as they have had lots of fans reporting no shows.  They reckon the Royal Snail have lost them.....

8 minutes ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

I called on Friday.  Ordered it weeks ago.  Ordered my grandsons a week later.  His one arrived 2 weeks ago.  Mine nowhere.  Spoke to them on Friday and they said they were posting it out again as they have had lots of fans reporting no shows.  They reckon the Royal Snail have lost them.....

What a shambles. Temporary ticket email didn’t even have a barcode on it as stated… 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Yes probably is. Clubs not signing unvaccinated players will happen more in the bigger leagues, a few EPL clubs are rejecting them outright for example. 

I can see why it might be an issue for some of them with European games and travel to and from different countries, but for us vaccination status shouldn't even be a consideration when we are looking at signing players. The pool is shallow enough without making things harder for ourselves.