The New Raith Rovers Thread

If Matej comes back it's a good signing. He knows the players and they know him, there was a promising partnership with Vaughan granted thats far from a given. He has scored goals in this league and is capable of more considering he's unlikely to be benched in place of someone who scores 2 goals all season. 

He did have poor games but so did everyone. Look he won't score 25 goals but he'll easily hit double figures if he plays. 

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Your typical load of wooly waffle. I SAID f**k ALL ABOUT BREXIT - GET IT?

So, ONCE MORE, WHY HAVE YOU ASSOCIATED ME WITH BREXIT???  - and if I were pro Brexit  I have to justify it to you?

GTF

my point is taht the BBC never misses an opportunity to critise Brexit. Being an independent sovereign country means we are in control of our own borders, unlike the EU idea of a loose confederation of interdependent  states."

You said "Brexit", thank you.

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

my point is taht the BBC never misses an opportunity to critise Brexit. Being an independent sovereign country means we are in control of our own borders, unlike the EU idea of a loose confederation of interdependent  states."

You said "Brexit", thank you.

To be fair, I said it first and that was just a reply 🤷‍♂️

I don't think Poplatnik is the answer and have said so a few times. For every cup final hero performance there's a dismal one against the Pars.

BUT, as we've seen, it's tough out there. No-one is signing anyone exciting and the only forward player gone to a rival that I'd have taken is Danny Mullen to PTFC.

So, I still don't think he's the answer but if the pickings are going to be as slim as they have been thus far, and if it's him or an unknown from dahn sarf, I'll take the devil I know.

If the rumour is true.

Not sure Mullen is the answer either but time will tell. I agree with you on Poplatnik, he wasn't the goalscorer some people seem to remember him as but it's a tight market regardless.

Side note, what's with this site and it's semi regular downtime? Are the servers on a meter or something? 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Not sure Mullen is the answer either but time will tell. I agree with you on Poplatnik, he wasn't the goalscorer some people seem to remember him as but it's a tight market regardless.

Side note, what's with this site and it's semi regular downtime? Are the servers on a meter or something? 

Millen?

The site normally goes into meltdown if ills affect the owners team St Mirren, as it's early in the season, f**k knows what's wrong.

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Seems related to Taptalk interface issues.

18 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Millen?

The site normally goes into meltdown if ills affect the owners team St Mirren, as it's early in the season, f**k knows what's wrong.

Danny Mullen, the guy who went to Partick, mentioned in the post above mine. Millen is abso-fucking-lutely not the answer up front 😂

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
6 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:
If we’re looking at Norwegians, what’s the problem. Norway isn’t an EU country, I could be wrong though!!

Yes but the issue is because Scotland the UK is not in the EU. Its irrespective where the players comes from and EU country or not.

The issue is across the country as a whole.

There may well be a secondary issue with overseas players and work permits but there's a major reset of the footballer labour market in the UK this summer. Inflation affects footballers too, and given that most are on 1 or 2 year contracts, a huge proportion are reassessing what they are worth in GBP (with agents in their ears I assume). I don't think the Rovers put season ticket prices up so something has to give.  

Players at our level are likely looking one level further down the English league than they would have a year ago, unless they're happy with a real terms pay cut - like the one you are currently enjoying, versus inflation.

We're not the only club in a poor state of readiness for the start of the league. Clubs will have to be very shrewd indeed to avoid some overall drop in quality or consistency. IMO.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

With the talk about work permits, would Poplatnik not fall under the same category? I can't see a double in a challenge cup final being enough for him to be granted a permit.

Think he’s already got one since he played/signed for Livingston so they must have got that sorted for him 

11 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

What’s going to arrive first - a new signing or my season ticket?

You're not alone, mine hasn't come through yet either. 

Ian Murray quoted 48 to 72 hours for some progress on a new signing in his post-match on Sunday, so I think I'll set up a big 24 style digital clock to start running from 5pm this afternoon... 

Slightly more seriously, see this new arrival that was scuppered by Covid - does anyone have any more information on the parameters there? Is it a case of the new player self-isolating so the deal can't be finalised, or something beyond that? Short of being able to attend a medical, I'm coming up short on reasons why Covid would prevent a new signing. 

22 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

What’s going to arrive first - a new signing or my season ticket?

John Sim is helping out. He’s sending a couple every day. Should get yours by October.