The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Please don’t tell me McNeill wasn’t one of the 3 signings promised before today , I appreciate if Bow is no longer at the Rovers we need 3 goalies but is a 3rd goalie top of our priorities at the moment . Really fear for us today but hopefully I’m proved wrong

There were no "promised" signings before this weekend at all. There was hope for a few signings, that's very different in terms of expectation levels.

Edited by CountryBumpkin

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

There were no "promised" signings before this weekend at all. There was hope for a few signings, that's very different in terms of expectation levels.

I take your point that Murray didn't promise signings by today however he did say he was hoping to have not one but potentially 3 in for today but it’s irrelevant now 

Just now, basher brash said:

I take your point that Murray didn't promise signings by today however he did say he was hoping to have not one but potentially 3 in for today but it’s irrelevant now 

No I get that, it's disappointing and a bit concerning but given so many things need to happen for a negotiation to be successful, we can only keep going until we get someone who says yes.

My main concern at the moment is that glaring hole in the defence, mostly because at this stage in the game you'd have to assume we'll be relying on loan players. It's notoriously difficult to get good, reliable centre halfs in on loan. It's not that they don't exist, but you only need to look at Ross Graham at Dunfermline last season to see how easy it is for confidence to be shot and for players with bags of potential to offer basically nothing. 

Bringing in a young striker on loan is fine. It's a total gamble, but we've seen 18 or 19 year olds at this level have really good seasons. 

I'd love to be surprised, but I don't think we're going to get any more "Wow, what a signing!" reactions from this point on. Those options just don't seem to be out there. At best, I think we'll be getting arrivals who could go either way, and that's fine, but it's a huge risk. Not to go back to a well-worn topic, but I think letting Musonda go was and is a mistake. Purely because he's a known quantity. I think Murray's introduced too much risk into this squad with the gaps he's having to fill in such a sparse market. 

Can you midfield your way to a playoff place? At this point, I'm not so sure. 

Just now, grumswall said:
2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:
Robbie Thomson???? Does Murray want us to get thrashed. What a confidence boosteremoji22.png

Would you prefer he played an injured macdonald?

I didn’t know he was injured fucksake

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

I didn’t know he was injured fucksake

You think he is gonna suddenly bomb him out the squad altogether for no reason when he has played every game up until now? Really?

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Should have been a red card for Stanton I feel. Poor start to the game 

No it shouldn't. Rule was changed last year. It's only a red if there's no attempt to play the ball.