The New Raith Rovers Thread

Awful refereeing, awful passing and some very below par players. I'd rather see Dick in the middle of defence than as a fullback expected to get forward, slow, unsure and unable to do basics. Millen on the right was no better but he at least offered an outlet, even if it was rarely used productively. I'd also like to see Zanatta punted, had enough of his inability to take decisive action in good moments. Every touch is slow, misplaced or badly chosen. 

Ethan Ross isn't much better, too slow on and off the ball. Needs to be much quicker. Did get a fair whack though, surprised that wasn't a foul.

21 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Wilson has been a grade one ref for a few years and we've had him several times before.

He's generally been every bit as abject as he was today. An angry wee man with a whistle is never a good thing.

Whoops, so much for memory. Had him in League One, I believe…3-1-1 overall. The other two are new to us.

35 minutes ago, renton said:

Nah, it was frustrating. Plenty of possession, some decent openings but very shot shy though.

Stanton didn't have a good game at all, we weren't able to build through the middle at all well.

Zanatta was worse than pish.

We are shy a centre forward, a centre back and a replacement winger.

Zanatta is pish and always will be pish you mean? And also Liam Dick was awful he’s simply not good enough for a team challenging for promotion 

Today was frustrating. We had plenty of the ball, and got forward enough times, but Stirling were a very 'stodgy' side who kept their discipline and were given quite a lot of leeway by a referee who didn't seem to have much of a clue. I think it's great that Murray doesn't want to settle for things, but it's going to be a lot more difficult if we're using contingencies like Mahady and Coulson who both looked a bit lost. Ideally, we'll get a couple of centre halves in and put Mitchell up the pecking order. 

The loss of potential revenue is what niggles me the most. Two wins against league one teams and we would almost certainly have been through. 

Even a penalty win would have given us a slight chance of 9 points so not having Connolly step up instead of Coulson was a strange one. 

Not a fan of Murray's approach in the last 10 minutes which seems like it will hardly ever work,  but yeah, reinforcements remain a necessity.

Felt evident very early on that the formation wasn't working. Stanton looked lost and Easton or Gullan had to keep dropping deep to offer an outlet pass for the defence. Really poor result today, we should not be struggling against a team 3 tiers below us, regardless of the team we put out. Wish someone would take Dario Zanatta off our hands. Absolute waste of a jersey. He's been shite since December and playing him just puts us a man down. 

Why did Zanetta get a start in front of  Mitchell who in my opinion based on Wednesday should have kept his place. We need adirty player in the middle of the park to start bossing the opposition as what happened to us today. Get Majek back for god's sake. 

Fwiw, while Zanatta was poor today - his final decision on the ball was in particular far away from where we need it to be - it still absolutely bemuses me folk will screech and boo their own players while they're still on the pitch. It was the correct decision to bring him off, but if you've got someone who is clearly a confidence player then probably the most unconstructive thing you can do is to boo them. 

Fwiw, while Zanatta was poor today - his final decision on the ball was in particular far away from where we need it to be - it still absolutely bemuses me folk will screech and boo their own players while they're still on the pitch. It was the correct decision to bring him off, but if you've got someone who is clearly a confidence player then probably the most unconstructive thing you can do is to boo them. 
I sit very near you. I didn't hear screeching and booing as much as howls of frustration at yet another of his poor decisions or another dispossession. If Murray wants to play high press (didn't seem that way today as much) then can we afford such confidence players who need cosseted and cajoled to produce the goods? On his day and in the mood he's fantastic, but those days are far too few and Gullan can't cut it alone.

Murray’s post match interview up.

Don't think Dario has done his chances of being a starter any good for the season.

That was unacceptable today, league 2 part time opposition and we were slow and devoid of ideas. We looked great against Alloa and Peterhead but that was back to the level of the QOS performance.

Think Murray will get a CB and striker in, we look like we can assemble a strong starting 11 but that bench is relagation fodder. Swap Dario with Mitchell for the Dumbarton game. 

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Just hoping it’s a CH but after this result/performance I think Murray will speed things up and get what is required at least before Aberdeen anyway 

The Aberdeen game is just a glorified friendly now. The Cove match is now the key date for us.