The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

It’s clear there are reasons why Musonda and Benny left the club when you consider we don’t have enough centre half’s but it certainly paints a picture when a Zambian internationals best gig is Ayr United no disrespect to Ayr ,  Ian Murray is not daft he knows where we need to strengthen but do we need another Riley snow a panic signing like last year and IMO gullen was a panic signing aswell offering a 2 and a half year deal with little in return so far  . Hopefully lessons have been learnt from last season by the club regarding desperation signings and I would rather go with what we have and sign the right player rather than squander what little money we have on shirt fillers just to make fans like myself a bit more happier

Riley Snow wasn’t really a panic signing it was more like a Gamble signing and unfortunately it never paid off, the real panic signing last season was he who shall not be named on January 31st 

I’m looking at a few signings In this division and most teams have signed people from down south/ league 1 or 2 up here because there’s no real quality in this league at CH or Forward areas. (Also Hartley signing every single player in Scotland doesn’t help either) 

we all know Murray needs at least 2 CHs but getting the right ones for his style of play/quality will be a bit difficult as I said yesterday the premiership teams are back in training and playing games so it will be maybe 2/3 weeks before anything concrete happens in the loan market 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

I am slightly concerned about Frankie leaving but, yeah, let’s see who comes in. It could be a case of Frankie who? In a few months or one of those that constantly gets dug up as a mistake. It does speak volumes he ended up at Ayr though. There was a time you’d have said after he left us it would be to a premiership team or somebody down in league one/two in England. He did have a few complete howlers last season, he was almost Mendy levels of stinking in the midweek Queen of the South 3-3 game where we chucked away our lead a few times.

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

I am slightly concerned about Frankie leaving but, yeah, let’s see who comes in. It could be a case of Frankie who? In a few months or one of those that constantly gets dug up as a mistake. It does speak volumes he ended up at Ayr though. There was a time you’d have said after he left us it would be to a premiership team or somebody down in league one/two in England. He did have a few complete howlers last season, he was almost Mendy levels of stinking in the midweek Queen of the South 3-3 game where we chucked away our lead a few times.

He was repeatedly, quite awful against Dunfermline. Contrary to there being a weird dislike, I thought he was vastly overrated on this forum. 

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He was repeatedly, quite awful against Dunfermline. Contrary to there being a weird dislike, I thought he was vastly overrated on this forum. 

In all honesty practically the whole team was quite awful every time we played you guys

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Probably had his worst performance for us in the 4-1 loss at East End.

Aye, that one sticks in the mind as the Lad jogged past him for the 2nd goal.

Probably had his worst performance for us in the 4-1 loss at East End.

Think i’m in the minority to see Frankie go. Vastly overrated and struggled to get into our first 11 unless we were plagued with injuries. He was underwhelming when he featured last season (especially at RB). I think Bene was by far a bigger loss but appears to have been less animosity about it, albeit I think it was probably time for change with him too. Were in a difficult position now of recruiting a CB who knows they’re not likely to feature once Lang is fit.

Whatever went on in the background with Bene and Musonda, I dont think the decision was wholy on Murray to let them go, but we are where we are, playing a LB at CB and young lad at LB until players fall out the sky to rectify things, or Murray actually has players lined up for the start of the league campaign

If push came to shove I'd have kept Musonda, especially if he could have gotten a good pre-season behind him. Knows the team, style of play, seemed to have a good relationship with the fans etc. I think Musonda and Berra would have been a sound pairing for this level however if Murray has something up his sleeve that'll be a better option then great. A lot of speculation it boiled down to Ayr offering a 2 year deal whereas we only offered 1 year, no idea if that's true. Spencer accepted a 1 year deal however probably knows himself that if he can perform the way he can and can stay injury free (not a good start on that front) that he might get a gig at a bigger club. Think Musonda could have gotten picked up by most teams in this league so even after a 1 year deal I don't think he'd have been short of options if we somehow wanted to punt him at the end of the season. His choice though. 

Anyway, recruitment wise I'd be more concerned if other teams weren't in a similar boat but generally there's not much activity happening by the looks of it. Can't say there's many teams making me sit up and think "woft, that's a good team".

11 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Anyway, recruitment wise I'd be more concerned if other teams weren't in a similar boat but generally there's not much activity happening by the looks of it. Can't say there's many teams making me sit up and think "woft, that's a good team".

Indeed, I think there have been 3 signings announced in the division since the beginning of last week and all are unknowns from England, which seems to be becoming the market of choice for clubs in the championship. The market up here in Scotland is absolutely dead.

29 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Indeed, I think there have been 3 signings announced in the division since the beginning of last week and all are unknowns from England, which seems to be becoming the market of choice for clubs in the championship. The market up here in Scotland is absolutely dead.

Because Paul Hartley is taking every Scottish player and their dug to Hartlepool with him 

17 hours ago, grumswall said:
17 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:
Are you sure about that????

I'm fairly certain we finished 5th last season and won the challenge Cup with him as our main lb for the majority of the season so... Yes.

You are entitled to your opinion. It’s just a means to silence you if you do t toe the line with their narrative.