Jump to content

The New Raith Rovers Thread


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That's not true at all. I thought they were pretty poor. Easily worse than QoS were on Wednesday. 

Kelty are a part-time team hoping to be about mid-table in League 1 this coming season.  Raith Rovers are a full-time looking to reach the Campionship play-offs, so yes Kelty SHOULD look poor in comparison to the Rovers. Although the latter should have won, Kelty caused them  a fair few problems, and that was without two of their best players in Cardle and Tidser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a pre season game. It honestly counts for nothing when we still haven't signed the 3/4 players that will be added to the squad. We started with a cm at cb, a lb at cb. We left with a draw against what actually looks a decent team on paper. Aye its frustrating we dont have the 3/4 signings yet but realistically we have until the end of August to get the right players in. I'd hope we had them by the end of this month though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

Kelty are a part-time team hoping to be about mid-table in League 1 this coming season.  Raith Rovers are a full-time looking to reach the Campionship play-offs, so yes Kelty SHOULD look poor in comparison to the Rovers. Although the latter should have won, Kelty caused them  a fair few problems, and that was without two of their best players in Cardle and Tidser.

I'm pretty sure Kelty have bigger ambitions than that, also most teams will cause us problems, it's how we deal with it is the issue that needs to be resolved.

FFS, every pre season I see the same shite written on here, peeps the results in pre season DON'T FUCKING MATTER !!, it's all about getting the players match fit for competitive games.

100% Murray has his eye one a few players but it's all about picking the right ones, not just anyone ala Mendy and Keatings

Edited by keyser_soze
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If anyone from our media team are on here, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE drop that team sheet gif. Most of us look at the team to try and work out the formation etc but it keeps resetting before you get the chance to take it all in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the highlights, kareem looked to have a few good touches and a little bit of pace about him but missed a good chance to score. I don't think he looks like the big target man that we probably need. Gullan took up a good position and Connolly won the header at 4 ft nothing for him to tap it in. Taylor was absolutely done for the Kelty goal but it was nicely done by agyeman and a good finish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

This is what they do to dissenters, if you have a different view point then you’ve got a swivelled eyed view point. You’ll get used to it. 

What are you on about? FFS. 😂 Fucking lighten up pal.
 

“Wholesale changes” are exactly what Varna Rover had stated. If he had simply put “the team needs to change the way they are playing” then that’s a different story.

When someone says to you “wholesale changes” what I posted is normally what that means…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the ball with the highlights tonight , and from them it looks like trialist A isn't what we're looking for, young guys getting game time is the bonus at least it lets Murray have a good look at them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Most teams will cause us problems, it's how we deal with it is the issue that needs to be resolved.

FFS, every pre season I see the same shite written on here, peeps the results in pre season DON'T FUCKING MATTER !!, it's all about getting the players match fit for competitive games.

100% Murray has his eye one a few players but it's all about picking the right ones, not just anyone ala Mendy and Keatings

It's written because it's true! Pre-season matches ARE all about getting match fit. You don't get any points or medals for winning them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is mental.

Some of the comments from people who didn’t attend is comical.

Raith dominated with spells of good football.

Nowhere near enough of a clinical edge to us, a repeat of last season at this stage but it’s friendlies.

Brown looked comfortable at CB

Dick looked fine at CB and Young was good on the left.

Our trialist based on that performance ain’t up to the level. Either not wanting to be injured, couldn’t get up to the pace or simply isn’t good enough. 
 

The number 22 for them looked classy and easily of championship level, who was he? 

I wouldn’t write off Gullan, what is he 24 today not in his prime and might just surprise a few.
 

No need for wet knickers but we need a CB and a striker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

It's written because it's true! Pre-season matches ARE all about getting match fit. You don't get any points or medals for winning them.

true but you get and gain confidence which is equally important

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

On the ball with the highlights tonight , and from them it looks like trialist A isn't what we're looking for, young guys getting game time is the bonus at least it lets Murray have a good look at them 

Friendlies don’t have the midnight curfew so able to post as soon as they were done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

This is mental.

Some of the comments from people who didn’t attend is comical.

Raith dominated with spells of good football.

Nowhere near enough of a clinical edge to us, a repeat of last season at this stage but it’s friendlies.

Brown looked comfortable at CB

Dick looked fine at CB and Young was good on the left.

Our trialist based on that performance ain’t up to the level. Either not wanting to be injured, couldn’t get up to the pace or simply isn’t good enough. 
 

The number 22 for them looked classy and easily of championship level, who was he? 

I wouldn’t write off Gullan, what is he 24 today not in his prime and might just surprise a few.
 

No need for wet knickers but we need a CB and a striker.

Agyemang. He has come on leaps and bounds since last season, I reckon he'll be a big player for Kelty this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is mental.
Some of the comments from people who didn’t attend is comical.
Raith dominated with spells of good football.
Nowhere near enough of a clinical edge to us, a repeat of last season at this stage but it’s friendlies.
Brown looked comfortable at CB
Dick looked fine at CB and Young was good on the left.
Our trialist based on that performance ain’t up to the level. Either not wanting to be injured, couldn’t get up to the pace or simply isn’t good enough. 
 
The number 22 for them looked classy and easily of championship level, who was he? 
I wouldn’t write off Gullan, what is he 24 today not in his prime and might just surprise a few.
 
No need for wet knickers but we need a CB and a striker.
22 was agyeman. Scored the goal.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

This is mental.

Some of the comments from people who didn’t attend is comical.

Raith dominated with spells of good football.

Nowhere near enough of a clinical edge to us, a repeat of last season at this stage but it’s friendlies.

Brown looked comfortable at CB

Dick looked fine at CB and Young was good on the left.

Our trialist based on that performance ain’t up to the level. Either not wanting to be injured, couldn’t get up to the pace or simply isn’t good enough. 
 

The number 22 for them looked classy and easily of championship level, who was he? 

I wouldn’t write off Gullan, what is he 24 today not in his prime and might just surprise a few.
 

No need for wet knickers but we need a CB and a striker.

Pretty much sums it up, both in terms of the actual match itself and the knicker wetting from to folk who didn't even watch the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Wardy said:

What are you on about? FFS. 😂 Fucking lighten up pal.
 

“Wholesale changes” are exactly what Varna Rover had stated. If he had simply put “the team needs to change the way they are playing” then that’s a different story.

When someone says to you “wholesale changes” what I posted is normally what that means…

Calm down, I’m pissing about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Calm down, I’m pissing about. 

You really aren’t though are you? 😂 

I’m sure you put your age in one of your posts a few pages back. I genuinely thought you were a teenager with some of the pish you post….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thought we played ok for the majority. Hard to gauge where we are with the fact we need a few more bodies in the door. It annoys me more than it should that Jamie MacDonald calls Liam Dick “Dicko”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...