The New Raith Rovers Thread

48 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Tbf to Dylan Easton he was playing in a 2 man midfield and asked to do a lot more defensive work than he normally would, he never had brown or Stanton covering for him to get forward and create 

Possibly, but it doesn't excuse the fact he could barely find a team mate all game. Maybe he thought he was back playing for Kelty. 

It's only two games in but I'm struggling to see how Easton improves on what we already have. 

Possibly, but it doesn't excuse the fact he could barely find a team mate all game. Maybe he thought he was back playing for Kelty. 
It's only two games in but I'm struggling to see how Easton improves on what we already have. 
Relegation again this season then?

Just now, grumswall said:
12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm just commenting on Easton, not the team as a whole.

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

its a possibility as is p-lay offs or promotion. who knows

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm just commenting on Easton, not the team as a whole.

On Wednesday night, when in or around the box I thought he looked pretty good and gave us a bit of directness - a willingness to get a shot away and generally looking quite dangerous.

Would agree some of his passing that night was a bit heavy.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

On Wednesday night, when in or around the box I thought he looked pretty good and gave us a bit of directness - a willingness to get a shot away and generally looking quite dangerous.

Would agree some of his passing that night was a bit heavy.

Ach it's probably a result of the big build up around him that I'm expecting too much. I'm sure he'll be fine once he settles. I hope... 

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

You are entitled to your opinion. It’s just a means to silence you if you do t toe the line with their narrative 

Oh,  bore off with this shit.

Other people are entitled to their opinion too and if their (perhaps learned?) opinion is that your opinion is shit then you just need to deal with that. 

The folk not panicking already are spot on btw. We'll be fine. 

1 minute ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Oh,  bore off with this shit.

Other people are entitled to their opinion too and if their (perhaps learned?) opinion is that your opinion is shit then you just need to deal with that. 

The folk not panicking already are spot on btw. We'll be fine. 

I’m joking man FFS!!

30 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That's not true at all. I thought they were pretty poor. Easily worse than QoS were on Wednesday. 

Kelty are a part-time team hoping to be about mid-table in League 1 this coming season.  Raith Rovers are a full-time looking to reach the Campionship play-offs, so yes Kelty SHOULD look poor in comparison to the Rovers. Although the latter should have won, Kelty caused them  a fair few problems, and that was without two of their best players in Cardle and Tidser.

It's a pre season game. It honestly counts for nothing when we still haven't signed the 3/4 players that will be added to the squad. We started with a cm at cb, a lb at cb. We left with a draw against what actually looks a decent team on paper. Aye its frustrating we dont have the 3/4 signings yet but realistically we have until the end of August to get the right players in. I'd hope we had them by the end of this month though.

26 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

Kelty are a part-time team hoping to be about mid-table in League 1 this coming season.  Raith Rovers are a full-time looking to reach the Campionship play-offs, so yes Kelty SHOULD look poor in comparison to the Rovers. Although the latter should have won, Kelty caused them  a fair few problems, and that was without two of their best players in Cardle and Tidser.

I'm pretty sure Kelty have bigger ambitions than that, also most teams will cause us problems, it's how we deal with it is the issue that needs to be resolved.

FFS, every pre season I see the same shite written on here, peeps the results in pre season DON'T FUCKING MATTER !!, it's all about getting the players match fit for competitive games.

100% Murray has his eye one a few players but it's all about picking the right ones, not just anyone ala Mendy and Keatings

Edited by keyser_soze

Looking at the highlights, kareem looked to have a few good touches and a little bit of pace about him but missed a good chance to score. I don't think he looks like the big target man that we probably need. Gullan took up a good position and Connolly won the header at 4 ft nothing for him to tap it in. Taylor was absolutely done for the Kelty goal but it was nicely done by agyeman and a good finish.

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

This is what they do to dissenters, if you have a different view point then you’ve got a swivelled eyed view point. You’ll get used to it. 

What are you on about? FFS. 😂 Fucking lighten up pal.

“Wholesale changes” are exactly what Varna Rover had stated. If he had simply put “the team needs to change the way they are playing” then that’s a different story.

When someone says to you “wholesale changes” what I posted is normally what that means…