The New Raith Rovers Thread

36 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

If they put a survey up asking folk 1. Do you buy Rovers tops? 2. What size(s) do you require? 

Then they’ll at least be sorted for this time next year. 

Unless the sizes are all to f**k, as some have mentioned. Then they’ll be left with a lot of stock.

I find a Large in football tops is usually 40” to 42” and fits fine, but some Larges are 41” to 43” and look a bit baggy. Not into those ones.

They won’t need a survey, just a count of what they have sold this year🤷🏻‍♂️

Kieran MacDonald been released by Hamilton I would certainly take him back 
He doesn't want to train full time which is why he left us in the first place so can't see it happening. I would definitely take him back though.

He doesn't want to train full time which is why he left us in the first place so can't see it happening. I would definitely take him back though.

I get the impression that Murray would be much more accommodating to players than McGlynn, if he get they would improve the team.

Murray’s new interview would also suggest that no new players are due in, and it’ll be Trialists for the foreseeable - which is refreshing to hear that Murray will only sign someone who’s the right fit.

I get the impression that Murray would be much more accommodating to players than McGlynn, if he get they would improve the team.

Murray’s new interview would also suggest that no new players are due in, and it’ll be Trialists for the foreseeable - which is refreshing to hear that Murray will only sign someone who’s the right fit.
I'm not sure how the training worked for macdonald at Hamilton? He was definitely better going forward than defending as well but would be an upgrade on what we have. It will depend on how Murray wants his fullbacks to play etc but aye I'd be up for macdonald coming back if possible.

I didn't know there was a new interview out with Murray so cheers

Rather have Brody Paterson than Macdonald back. He'll be off to a P/T team anyway.
Brody Paterson would be an excellent signing for you. Think Murray will definitely want to sign him, as Airdrie are lacking a left back would 100% take MacDonald back

I really don't understand the clamour for signing Paterson and I'm hoping Murray is just using him as a stop gap for these friendlies while Dick covers centre back. We need a couple of centre backs, not a left back, and it would be madness for Murray to waste more of our budget on a position we are already covered for. 

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I really don't understand the clamour for signing Paterson and I'm hoping Murray is just using him as a stop gap for these friendlies while Dick covers centre back. We need a couple of centre backs, not a left back, and it would be madness for Murray to waste more of our budget on a position we are already covered for. 

At present the left back position is a weakness. I'd hope that we are looking at Paterson and that Dick would eventually be back up when Lang returns to full fitness.

21 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So you’re happy with Dick at left back??? “Really”

We need a lb but the obvious priorities are elsewhere. I took what Murray said in his interview possitvely. Looking outside of the usual pool of players and talked about how clubs in England who will loan players are just back training. Bring Bowie home...

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He's let 2 serviceable centre backs go without much of a fight to keep; we ain't bringing 2 in. 1 on loan maybe.

On a different note I see our average attendance last season was our lowest in the last 12 years.

Several mitigating factors like derby games being played outwith Saturdays and games being covered on BBC Alba. Add in the DG fallout too I suppose.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/raith-rovers-fc/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/2795

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

On a different note I see our average attendance last season was our lowest in the last 12 years.

Several mitigating factors like derby games being played outwith Saturdays and games being covered on BBC Alba. Add in the DG fallout too I suppose.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/raith-rovers-fc/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/2795

Is that not almost entirely because we played two home games (including a derby) in front of 500?