Jump to content

The New Raith Rovers Thread


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, f**k it - go out there and get him.

He's far from infallible, but I think he fits into exactly the right profile for the central defender we need to bring in, having lost Benedictus and Musonda. He's got a lot of experience at this level whilst still being a really good age, and he does most things well. 

I imagine there'll be a fair bit of competition for him (and he's probably already got a move lined up) for exactly the reason we should be going to fair lengths to get him; there aren't a lot of these guys out there at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that remembers him being utterly shite pretty much every time we've played against him since he left us? In saying that, aye get him signed. He isn't a bad defender and can also play across the back line pretty well. Adds a bit of a threat at corners as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Is Kellie Road OK for parking?

It isnt usually however when theres big events on it is so I imagine it would be okay, quite a bit of parking the other side of the railway at bleachingfield or countess road even just continuing along countess road u would reach the grammar school which is about a 10 minute walk and has plenty of parking 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

Bit of Twitter chat that Euan Murray is another one going to Hartlepool. Paul Hartley really depleting an already slim market for clubs like us! 

Its an interesting phenomenon. The market has definitely been shrinking the last couple of years. 

Is it because English teams find it harder to jump through the hoops to bring in EU players (including ROI) and therefore are starting to poach Scottish players who otherwise would be hovering between Premier and Championship up here?

Are the bigger club youth systems doing better at identifying talent earlier and centralising it all - leaving lower league clubs waiting for central parts of their teams late into August when the loans start to happen?

More guys going PT earlier and staying PT as FT wages in the second tier are not attractive enough to shift?

All of the above? None of the above?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest JBJ
1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Because the poster I was quoting noted Lang’s return is not assured, as is the case with any major knee op return.

Top sports surgeon and progress great- and dedicated lad, be positive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Top sports surgeon and progress great- and dedicated lad, be positive. 

I was, but the simple fact is a return from injury (complete, timely, whatever) is NEVER a sure thing…see, Musonda, Frankie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Euan Murray? Oh great I can’t wait to see him in a Rovers shirt again, doing his backwards quickstep while the opponent picks his spot. I’d rather he pitched up at at Hamilton than Hartypool.

Poplatnik would be nice to have but we have a few luxury players already. Ian Murray has 3 striking targets but I was told it’ll likely be late in the window before he reckons he’ll land one…..if at all.

At present we only have LV who can operate as a main striker, Easton, Gullan and probably Ross or Zanatta could play the second striker role but we need a No9. If Jack Hamilton was in the equation would we still prefer Popps?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest JBJ
14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I was, but the simple fact is a return from injury (complete, timely, whatever) is NEVER a sure thing…see, Musonda, Frankie.

Guess so but this lad is a machine…… really hope he stays on track and gets back in great shape. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Euan Murray? Oh great I can’t wait to see him in a Rovers shirt again, doing his backwards quickstep while the opponent picks his spot. I’d rather he pitched up at at Hamilton than Hartypool.

Poplatnik would be nice to have but we have a few luxury players already. Ian Murray has 3 striking targets but I was told it’ll likely be late in the window before he reckons he’ll land one…..if at all.

At present we only have LV who can operate as a main striker, Easton, Gullan and probably Ross or Zanatta could play the second striker role but we need a No9. If Jack Hamilton was in the equation would we still prefer Popps?

So a striker on loan then ? Dont think we will get Hamilton but matej is a handy player don’t get the lack of enthusiasm for him tbh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest JBJ
13 minutes ago, grumswall said:
23 minutes ago, JBJ said:
Guess so but this lad is a machine…… really hope he stays on track and gets back in great shape. 

You're Tom lang aren't you...

Busted lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...