The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm starting to think that Murray is unaware that Tom Lang is actually injured and will be for some time yet.

It's the only reason I can think of for his somewhat laid back approach to signing a centre back.

Got a feeling the back 4 for Saturday will be Millen, Berra, Dick and Young as this is the only fit back 4 we could realistically play or you could put Masson in there next to Berra if need be 

3 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Got a feeling the back 4 for Saturday will be Millen, Berra, Dick and Young as this is the only fit back 4 we could realistically play or you could put Masson in there next to Berra if need be 

Brody Paterson could be a trialist if he is still training with the club, same with Ryan schiavone. 

23 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

It hardly matters anyway. It's a friendly in June.

Here is  a list of CHs from the championship supposedly out of contract 1 or 2 might be wrong and still under contract  but here we go

Ryan Stirling, Adam McGowan, Daniel O,Reilly, Shaun Want(Hamilton)

Kirk Broadfoot, Harry Nicholson  (ICT)

Lewis Martin, Leon Jones (Pars) 

Michael Ledger (Morton) 

McKenna (Partick) but I think he’s close to a new deal 

none of those really fill you with confidence 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

He are a list of CHs from the championship supposedly out of contract 1 or 2 might be wrong and still under contract  but here we go

Kirk Broadfoot (ICT)

Michael Ledger (Morton) 

Broadfoot didn't embarrass himself - certainly no egg on his face after last season.

16 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Here is  a list of CHs from the championship supposedly out of contract 1 or 2 might be wrong and still under contract  but here we go

Michael Ledger (Morton) 

Apart from broadfoot none you would really want tbh 

21 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Michael Ledger (Morton) 

Why only the Championship?

Spencer, Lang, Brown and Easton all came from League 1 and all will probably be first picks next season.

Also, Murray's spent the last 4 years there so he'll know if any players are any good.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm starting to think that Murray is unaware that Tom Lang is actually injured and will be for some time yet.

It's the only reason I can think of for his somewhat laid back approach to signing a centre back.

Suspect publicly being the opposite would just play into agents' hands. Then you end up paying too much money for not enough ability.

Just now, craigkillie said:

You can have Dylan McGowan if you're interested.

Are you keeping Dan Armstrong? Not that we're in the market for another winger, just assumed he'd be getting jettisoned back into the championship.

Are you keeping Dan Armstrong? Not that we're in the market for another winger, just assumed he'd be getting jettisoned back into the championship.

I assume he'll be allowed to find another club given he could barely get a game last season.

Have to trust the manager.  A lack of rumours does not automatically equate to a lack of business or progress.  

Exactly this.
People these days seem to feel they should be in the loop with everything.
The fact there are far fewer rumours this season than there have been in the past suggests that someone who has left the club (be that management team, board member or player) was the one with the loose lips.

For anyone to think that a lack of rumours means that the man who is paid to manage the football team is not aware of the teams weaknesses and/or is not actively trying to address them is just madness.

Of course that doesn’t mean we will actually end up signing anyone of the required quality but of course there will be lots of work going on in the background at the moment.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I assume he'll be allowed to find another club given he could barely get a game last season.

It'll be interesting to see where he pops up. That's twice now that he's left us to take a step up and found himself more-or-less frozen out because he's not consistent enough to warrant a long run of games. 

I'd imagine the likes of Morton and Ayr would be intrigued, but I wonder if he might not be better off dropping into League One with Dunfermline or Falkirk and having another shot at running riot every week. 

It'll be interesting to see where he pops up. That's twice now that he's left us to take a step up and found himself more-or-less frozen out because he's not consistent enough to warrant a long run of games. 
I'd imagine the likes of Morton and Ayr would be intrigued, but I wonder if he might not be better off dropping into League One with Dunfermline or Falkirk and having another shot at running riot every week. 
I always said that if he was half as good as he thought he was, he'd be some player. See also, to a certain extent, controversially, Dylan Tait.

11 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

McGlynn had basically converted him from an out and out winger into an almost advanced play maker/ball carrier - much ad he did with Connolly. 

Suspect when he's taken that step 'up' he's been asked to play like a more conventional winger and he doesn't have the attributes beyond raw pace to convincingly do that beyond league 1.

Edited by renton

That dodgey twitter account who said Musonda  was close to signing for Ayr is now saying Partick are hopeful of signing ex rovers defender Euan Murray, I know that he’s a dirty Judas and the way he left etc but who anyone be against taking him back even on a season long loan? 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

19 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

into League One with Dunfermline or Falkirk

I’m sure he trained and got offered a deal at the pars before signing for us so he could go back and try his luck there, and he knows McGlynn well but have Falkirk really got the budget to get him apparently there money problems are bad, I liked Armstrong but I felt he tried to much when there was a better option to play