The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
40 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:
I can guarantee that Stratheden would be fu to the gunnels if this happened.
FU5Cq2qXsAIRun0?format=jpg&name=medium

Did we not essentially do that during the daizel period where we didn't know who was playing for us on any given match day?

I can't recall, however when Dalziel was at Ayr, IIRC he used over 50 signed players in one season.

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Sorry got to disagree about a loan to Falkirk. We should be doing nothing to help them get promoted. I'd prefer a loan to Montrose or Airdrie.

Prefer Falkirk back up to the Pars.

42 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Prefer Falkirk back up to the Pars.

I prefer Montrose or Airdrie to Falkirk and the Pars, both can rot in the seaside league for a while.

Did we not essentially do that during the daizel period where we didn't know who was playing for us on any given match day?

This was certainly the case at Ayr. Used to turn up on a Saturday and see one or two new faces every week. They’d play a couple games and f**k off again.

6 hours ago, raith1974 said:

I prefer Montrose or Airdrie to Falkirk and the Pars, both can rot in the seaside league for a while.

I like Airdrie’s diamond strips. On that basis, I like them better than the Pars or Falkirk.

Yes some of their support are a disgrace and they have a cohort of sad, fat, baldy 50 year old casuals who sour them a bit, but I still prefer them to the Pars. Let’s help them. Maybe in time they can help themselves and society will benefit.

Good news that the Spencer deal has been confirmed. On paper we now have a very, very good group of midfielders for this level and I'm looking forward to seeing how Murray will set them up to get the best out on them. 

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Good news that the Spencer deal has been confirmed. On paper we now have a very, very good group of midfielders for this level and I'm looking forward to seeing how Murray will set them up to get the best out on them. 

Now we just need defenders and forwards.

Sorry got to disagree about a loan to Falkirk. We should be doing nothing to help them get promoted. I'd prefer a loan to Montrose or Airdrie.

Agree, and in addition to this I don’t think Falkirk is the sort of environment we want to be sending our young lads to.
Might be a bit better with McGlynn at the helm but it’s been a basket case of a club for a few seasons, and the expectation and pressure to get promoted means the fans are on the players backs.
Not a good environment for young guys to develop.
The obsession with sending players there just because McGlynn is there now can get in the sea.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I like Airdrie’s diamond strips. On that basis, I like them better than the Pars or Falkirk.

Yes some of their support are a disgrace and they have a cohort of sad, fat, baldy 50 year old casuals who sour them a bit, but I still prefer them to the Pars. Let’s help them. Maybe in time they can help themselves and society will benefit.

Yup, I prefer Airdrie to that rabble. Let’s help them out. 

Murray seems to have parted on decent terms with Airdrie and obviously knows their new management team well. 

If we were to send anyone out on loan to a league 1 team it's more likely to be them than anyone else I would guess. 

Interesting to see when the new kits will be out because we are 2 weeks from the first pre season game and they’ve usually got it announced well before then, hopefully the look good as I wasn’t a big fan of the red and white one last season 

24 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I wasn’t a big fan of the red and white one last season 

Was anyone?

It was an absolute howler.

It almost had me pining for the pink and maroon effort from about ten years ago.