The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Was he not also at the Pars and Livingston as well? 

Yeah he was, can’t remember much about him tbh but doubt we will get another rampaging rb like tumility, in answer to your earlier question bud I think Doyle’s best days are behind him tbh and we should look elsewhere 

I learned a few things in the last week, 2 Rovers players have been for Op' in the last week and won't be ready for 3-4 weeks. I was told the name of a rightback we'd  been sort of linked with before is now a done deal this time round. I reckon he will be the next signing. Apparently the manager fancies a few forwards but doesn't think any of them will be allowed to move until things get underway. 

Our best midfield was Hendry, Spencer and Matthews, now we have Stanton, Spencer, Matthews and Brown, I don't think Easton will be employed as a CM I reckon he play more of a forward role. Brown can also play a more defensive role if required apparently. 

Mind you I could be getting duff information, as I was also told although Spencer was as good as signed it wouldn't be completed until Monday as he wasn't home from Holiday until Saturday, and boom he signed on Friday. 

It's all just a waiting game. 

15 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I learned a few things in the last week, 2 Rovers players have been for Op' in the last week and won't be ready for 3-4 weeks. I was told the name of a rightback we'd  been sort of linked with before is now a done deal this time round. I reckon he will be the next signing. Apparently the manager fancies a few forwards but doesn't think any of them will be allowed to move until things get underway. 

Our best midfield was Hendry, Spencer and Matthews, now we have Stanton, Spencer, Matthews and Brown, I don't think Easton will be employed as a CM I reckon he play more of a forward role. Brown can also play a more defensive role if required apparently. 

Mind you I could be getting duff information, as I was also told although Spencer was as good as signed it wouldn't be completed until Monday as he wasn't home from Holiday until Saturday, and boom he signed on Friday. 

It's all just a waiting game. 

Was the right back mentioned the same name as above or if true will he be a decent signing.

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Have heard we are signing Brody Paterson from Celtic who is a left back and Murray had at airdrie last season, maybe a load of rubbish 🤷🏻‍♂️

Someone else on here was banging on about Paterson every 5 minutes, hard to tell which rumours get onto P+B from the real world or if they start here and percolate into the wild.

You wouldn't think a left back would be priority, but who knows.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Someone else on here was banging on about Paterson every 5 minutes, hard to tell which rumours get onto P+B from the real world or if they start here and percolate into the wild.

You wouldn't think a left back would be priority, but who knows.

I heard it from a friend of a friend not here, he is a Kirkcaldy lad and Mcglynn looked at him as well. May mean dick is maybe a cb as well as lb and gives competition but probably young going out on loan then 

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:
23 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:
We don’t need another LB we need a RB and at least 2 CHs imo 

We absolutely need another LB as the one we have isn't really what we need.

I get that completely, this makes sense if Young goes out on loan and Paterson comes in as first choice 

50 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:
We don’t need another LB we need a RB and at least 2 CHs imo 

We absolutely need another LB as the one we have isn't really what we need.

Agree, but this is behind a couple of CBs and at least one striker in the pecking order. 

Budget permitting.