The New Raith Rovers Thread

In fairness last season at the back was a disaster. We must have played about 12 different permutations due to injuries, suspensions, poor form, bad ideas and sheer desperation to stop shipping late goals. 

For anyone to walk out of it unscathed and to then move up a level is nothing short of a miracle and is probably in part due to previous performances. 

We have a good gk and midfield as well as berra and in time lang. That said it'll need a decent rebuild at the back. 

18 minutes ago, pub car king said:

In fairness last season at the back was a disaster. 

That's why I'm OK with some of the defence moving on. Mcglynn had the defence set up to aid our attack rather than solely focus on defending. That may not be how Murray wants us to play, so it gives him a relatively blank canvas to work with. I would absolutely have liked tumilty and musonda to stay though. 

Is there any defenders released championship/Premiership level we could probably persuade to come and join, did see earlier apparently an RB from down south is touted to be coming In but we don’t know that for sure.

I’m surprised he’s not signed anyone else yet with the first preseason game what almost 2 weeks away? Can he really get 2/3  CHs and a RB in that time plus Brad signed maybe by the end/beginning of next week and the  focus on a striker last I reckon he would do 

23 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Is there any defenders released championship/Premiership level we could probably persuade to come and join, did see earlier apparently an RB from down south is touted to be coming In but we don’t know that for sure.

I’m surprised he’s not signed anyone else yet with the first preseason game what almost 2 weeks away? Can he really get 2/3  CHs and a RB in that time plus Brad signed maybe by the end/beginning of next week and the  focus on a striker last I reckon he would do 

There is plenty of time to get it all done. These things move at a fast pace at this time of year. He hasn't even had the players he has in for a training session yet. There is no need to panic. 

Window opens on Friday, for all we know those positions may already be filled and nothings being said until they are registered, on the otherhand the pre season games will be running the rule over potential signing

Either way, as Jonesy would say Dont Panic Lads 

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

I’m of the same view. I suspect his exploits with Zambia will have opened up a few doors to him, possibly opportunities we can’t complete with.

So, two centre backs and a right back required then. Who’s available?

Dick can play CB instead and we could go LB+RB+CB…just saying.

Tumilty was never going to stay, and Musonda was unlikely too so no great surprise at that news. 

It does confirm that we've got a lot of work to do to put a defence together but most other teams are in the same boat as we are, some even worse, so no real need to panic yet. 

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

James Maxwell? Had a good season on loan at Ayr from Rangers and now a free agent.

3 hours ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing us go for Jamie Hamilton since his contract is up, but imagine we'd have to pay a development fee

Jack Hamilton? Should be our top target IMO. I’m not sure if a deal could be done a la Ethan Ross regarding the development fee?

I would like to see us go for Euan Henderson on loan from Hearts too. 

2 hours ago, South Stand Dynamo said:

Jack Hamilton? Should be our top target IMO. I’m not sure if a deal could be done a la Ethan Ross regarding the development fee?

I would like to see us go for Euan Henderson on loan from Hearts too. 

I think we should also go for Jack Hamilton, but I meant the centre back from Hamilton who's contract is up

8 hours ago, South Stand Dynamo said:

James Maxwell? Had a good season on loan at Ayr from Rangers and now a free agent.

I really liked him for Queens season before last. I think he has played a bit further forward for Ayr on the left hand side. Would like a look at him, at least. 

11 hours ago, South Stand Dynamo said:

He seemed to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder with us in the game at Starks. Scored two goals and made a point of giving the South Stand the ‘Get it up ye’ celebration both times.