Jump to content

The New Raith Rovers Thread


Recommended Posts

Fwiw I'm off the opinion that Benedictus is a thick ned, and he said some pretty ridiculously stupid and horrible things in that statement. However he isn't the one culpable for a rapist rocking up at Raith Rovers. 
Is he a rape apologist then?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Ffs I was coming onto this thread to read about new signings etc and some fuckwit has got Grant228 on his fucking soapbox again. I'll just take a few days off before returning.
 

You would think Grant228 would just f**k off to the Seaside League, but he is that sad he can't leave us alone. He should really be on his forum celebrating his team signing a player not good enough to play for us this season. 

In terms of signings it's gone very quiet again but get a feeling we will announce something very shortly. I also have a feeling Tumilty will sign on again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Ffs I was coming onto this thread to read about new signings etc and some fuckwit has got Grant228 on his fucking soapbox again. I'll just take a few days off before returning.
 

Oh lord, how will people cope without your startling insights? 

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
4 hours ago, Grant228 said:
Fwiw I'm off the opinion that Benedictus is a thick ned, and he said some pretty ridiculously stupid and horrible things in that statement. However he isn't the one culpable for a rapist rocking up at Raith Rovers. 

Is he a rape apologist then?

Nah, he's an idiot who trotted out the party line that the club was peddling, he wasn't part of the decision process to bring said rapist to the club. It would've been nice for him to come out and tell the club to do one, realistically it wasn't going to happen. He's less of a cock than the Paul Patons of the world but he came out the situation looking like a cock none the less. 

On a purely footballing level I'm not that convinced by him, should've been sent off last season at Starks, and the Raith defence looked v poor at EEP, you're hoping that the drop down in level can negate some of his weaknesses but I'm not sure, a step down on Donaldson, a step up on Ambrose. I'm not even convinced he's this great leader he seems to have become in the last two days to some Pars fans, as noted his leadership during that fiasco left allot to be desired, and any time I seen Raith they looked infinitely better with Berra doing the talking. Will Benedictus be any good at talking a ropey cb through a game? Not sure. 

He had that funny haircut though so there's that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

You would think Grant228 would just f**k off to the Seaside League, but he is that sad he can't leave us alone. He should really be on his forum celebrating his team signing a player not good enough to play for us this season. 

If you just want Raith fans posting then it's probably best to toddle off to whatever single club forum Raith have, there's a good chap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm not even convinced he's this great leader he seems to have become in the last two days to some Pars fans

He’s not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Enigma said:

He’s not. 

Aye. I never got the 'he's a leader' chat when it came to Bene. The 2-0 defeat to Dunfermline after winning the challenge cup really showed Bene in a negative light when he would constantly berate McKay rather than try and talk him through the game. He's night and day in comparison to Berra both in terms of leadership and ability however should be more than a capable player at League 1 level. I do find it slightly funny that Dunfermline fans are poking fun on Twitter about 'stealing' our captain when he was out of contract and not offered a new deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I do find it slightly funny that Dunfermline fans are poking fun on Twitter about 'stealing' our captain when he was out of contract and not offered a new deal. 

Rival fans winding each other up you say?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Enigma said:

A real lack of signing rumours. Anybody heard anything?

Right back from down south coming up apparently. No further details other than that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When are the players back? Everyone's deal will have expired do I'm surprised we haven't seen tumilty announced wherever he's going unless there are a few options. 

Spencer is signing when he reports back and musonda has been away playing for his country. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

For all you Gozie lovers.

 

 

See they're in discussion with Lewis Strapp, wouldn't mind us going in for him. Although he'd probably get offers from bottom half Premier teams

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

For all you Gozie lovers.

 

 

He's away back down South according to the Morton fans. 

14 minutes ago, Langtounlaud said:

See they're in discussion with Lewis Strapp, wouldn't mind us going in for him. Although he'd probably get offers from bottom half Premier teams

Fully agree with you that I'd love it if we went for him but there's absolutely no chance given we've already got two left backs and we'd be due a development fee for him as they've offered a contract. Morton to Rovers would only be a sideward move when, as you mention, he'll likely have offers from clubs in the bottom half of the Premier League. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m starting to panic a wee bit from Brad Spencer re-signing I’ve seen nowhere else that’s he’s going to sign apart from the daily record sport normally the courier or FFP would’ve reported it by now  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...