The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It is a bit strange. I can only assume that we are waiting until we have answers from everyone before we make an announcement but it would have been easy enough to put out something a few days ago which categorised the out of contract players as either released or offered new deals. 

There will surely be something this week considering pre season training starts this weekend. 

I’m sure I read somewhere the players are back on Friday Minus Vaughan and Lang obviously get Brad Announced and hopefully a CB before Friday 

9 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Falkirk are in dire straits financially, absolutely skint.

Just looked at their accounts. £718k in the bank and net assets of over £2m. A very healthy position to be in. 

BUT...I've just been reading their thread in the L1 forum. The anticipated loss for the next accounting period is £900k :blink:. Absolutely mind boggling. 

League One is where full time football goes to die, but that is an incredible amount of money to lose. What the hell were they paying out in wages?!

Edited by Michael W

No shock Bene going. Murray at press conference was specifically asked about 3 players namely Spencer, Tumilty and Bene. He said Spencer had been offered a deal, didn't even talk about Tumilty then said he'd speak to Bene. Clearly wasn't for him.

He was a good servant to us and always tried and wore his heart on his sleeve but at the end of the day his not of the quality we now need to move up the league. Shame about who he's joined but he leaves with zero ill feelings and best of luck for the future (just not any promotions!)

3 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

No shock Bene going. Murray at press conference was specifically asked about 3 players namely Spencer, Tumilty and Bene. He said Spencer had been offered a deal, didn't even talk about Tumilty then said he'd speak to Bene. Clearly wasn't for him.

He was a good servant to us and always tried and wore his heart on his sleeve but at the end of the day his not of the quality we now need to move up the league. Shame about who he's joined but he leaves with zero ill feelings and best of luck for the future (just not any promotions!)

Brads signed a new deal by the looks of things, Maybe RT informed the gaffer he wasn’t to Re-sign like he did back in January and Bene I’ve seen a lot of people say that he wasn’t offered a new deal by Murray obviously we don’t know if that’s true (believe in what you will) and Frankie could be spoken too when he’s back 

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Just looked at their accounts. £718k in the bank and net assets of over £2m. A very healthy position to be in. 

BUT...I've just been reading their thread in the L1 forum. The anticipated loss for the next accounting period is £900k :blink:. Absolutely mind boggling. 

League One is where full time football goes to die, but that is an incredible amount of money to lose. What the hell were they paying out in wages?!

Well the rumoured wage that Griffiths was on 1.5k a week (we don’t know factual) apparently Paul Watson is on good money, Charlie Telfer I would imagine as well and paying probably good-decent money to the absolute mince they had. 

23 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Aye I read on one there threads that they’ve lost a lot of money and no really got a pot to piss in, be interesting to see what McGlynn does with there very limited budget 

Kinda get the feeling McGlynns jumped oot the frying pan into the fire

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Kinda get the feeling McGlynns jumped oot the frying pan into the fire

He gets a complete reset, but at the same time this can also be a negative. If he's not performing within 6 months, then he'll be hounded out the door. There's no chance he'll he get the grace he had with ourselves when he went through that 3 month rotten spell. 

10 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Transfer window opens on Friday, so I guess we'll hear a lot more on signings and departures around then, and Frankie should be back in the UK Wed/Thur 

When is his last game for Zambia? And is it Friday the Transfer window opens? I thought it was next week 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Surprised he went to the Pars being Rovers Captain I expect he’d go to Falkirk. Not overly bothered he’s not the player he was and I’m guessing he’d have been back up and not captain if he stayed. I’m sure the Pars will have offered him 1st team football and a decent salary. 

Falkirk already had sufficient CB on staff, would not have necessarily been an automatic starter. At the Pars he is the likely starter.

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Falkirk already had sufficient CB on staff, would not have necessarily been an automatic starter. At the Pars he is the likely starter.

Even at us he wouldn’t of been a likely starter if Murray brought in his own CHs and a fully fit Berra and Lang was there he would be 4th or 5th choice which he probably didn’t want 

Take it Falkirk fed McGlynn a load of shite about their big plans and they are in fact fucked. 

Guessing they think he'll be able to unearth players for f**k all money and use his connections. Clearly unaware of the amount he pished up the wall last season on 2 strikers who played about 6 games between them. 

5 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I'm probably reading to much into this but, the players page has been updated and still showing the pictures of Tumilty and Musonda, interestingly though it still shows BRS 😨

Maybe reading too much into it mate, it will properly update when we find who’s defo away and who’s staying/came in 

53 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Based on his interview in the Courier, it doesn't sound as though we actually offered Benedictus a deal. 

And that would suggest Murray has his own players in mind for the defence.