The New Raith Rovers Thread

On the assumption that what Keatings is saying is true then there's a few question marks to be raised.

* Why did Keatings not mention this at the first opportunity when he knew we were interested? His training regime is clearly important to him from a health and wellbeing perspective and you'd think he'd want to bring this up early doors to ensure his future employers are ok with him doing only 3 days training. Has he went on the assumption that because Hamitlon and Inverness were ok with this so would we?

* If he's passed a medical/fitness test prior to signing (do these still happen?) would we really need to dig into his injury background or ask questions on what his training capabilities were? 

* Has Keatings deliberately been coy about it so that he could have a contract in place knowing financially he was secure in some way?

* Have we missed a trick by not saying to him "right James, we train on these days at these times, will that pose any issues?"

52 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Assuming Spencer does go, would anyone take Charlie Telfer as his replacement? One of Falkirks better players last season in a piss poor squad has played championship level before and I think with a better team around him he could do a job.,.. just a suggestion 

Quite possibly although I haven’t seen him play much but the gaffer  will have

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Assuming Spencer does go, would anyone take Charlie Telfer as his replacement? One of Falkirks better players last season in a piss poor squad has played championship level before and I think with a better team around him he could do a job.,.. just a suggestion 

I don't think we necessarily need another midfielder even if Spencer goes.

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

One of the only players we were disappointed about leaving, tends to go missing in some games but on his day he's a brilliant player. We stupidly had him trying to do it all last season instead of getting him further up the park where he can actually affect the game. Still managed 5 goals and 8 assists for our shit mob last season so I'm quite interested to see where he ends up next. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't end up at an upper championship team as he's definitely capable of that level.

I don't think he's a direct replacement for Spencer as is he not more of a deep lying ball winner? But he'd definitely improve your team.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

On the assumption that what Keatings is saying is true then there's a few question marks to be raised.

* Why did Keatings not mention this at the first opportunity when he knew we were interested? His training regime is clearly important to him from a health and wellbeing perspective and you'd think he'd want to bring this up early doors to ensure his future employers are ok with him doing only 3 days training. Has he went on the assumption that because Hamitlon and Inverness were ok with this so would we?

* If he's passed a medical/fitness test prior to signing (do these still happen?) would we really need to dig into his injury background or ask questions on what his training capabilities were? 

* Has Keatings deliberately been coy about it so that he could have a contract in place knowing financially he was secure in some way?

* Have we missed a trick by not saying to him "right James, we train on these days at these times, will that pose any issues?"

Given the opprtunity Raith extended to him I think he is expressing sour grapes!!  He had a history of injuries...easy to blame McGlynn after the fact!!

We now have zanatta, connolly, Ross, Easton, stanton, matthews, arnott and spencer

That's 8 players who can fit in the middle/out wide or as an attacking midfielder 9 if you play gullan deep.

I don't think there will be a stronger attacking midfield in the league. 

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

We now have zanatta, connolly, Ross, Easton, stanton, matthews, arnott and spencer

That's 8 players who can fit in the middle/out wide or as an attacking midfielder 9 if you play gullan deep.

We’ll still have to play a defender in there due to injuries at some point in the season. 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

We'll need them to be considering our defence and forward line 😅

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think we have had the best midfield in the league for the past two seasons now. We just need someone up top!

30 minutes ago, pub car king said:

And Brown.

We have one of the best keepers in the league, the midfield is sorted and if we are lucky with fitness and injuries one of the best forwards in the league. 

The defence is a complete rebuild though granted. Lang is out until the clocks go back, berra doesn't have a full season in him but he is still very fit.

Shopping list (if nobody resigns) is at least 1 right back, ideally a left back but it'll depend on how Murray wants to play (he might not need rampaging full backs) and 2 centre backs. Also the illusive goal scorer every team is looking for this time of year.

Looks a lot but is not excessive and I'd expect at least 2 long term loans in there.