The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

Comrie strikes me as a right sided Liam Dick. Serviceable lower-mid championship full back. I’d look elsewhere first.

Nah, much better than Dick. He was our PoTY for many when we were actually a good championship side. 

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

Comrie strikes me as a right sided Liam Dick. Serviceable lower-mid championship full back. I’d look elsewhere first.

There’s a few things to consider while we look for a RB. What style will Murray use, will he be using wingbacks, or will he have them lie deep? Is Dick really as bad as many say, because I’m not so sure he is. His timing at the back post last year was slightly off, and he missed several goals by a whisker. I suspect he’s less pure wing back than he’s been played, and the runs forward hurt his defence…so a change in style may play more to his strengths.

Edited to add: Dick can also play a decent CB role as well as RB, so useful depth regardless.

Edited by TxRover

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

There’s a few things to consider while we look for a RB. What style will Murray use, will he be using wingbacks, or will he have them lie deep? Is Dick really as bad as many say, because I’m not so sure he is. His timing at the back post last year was slightly off, and he missed several goals by a whisker. I suspect he’s less pure wing back than he’s been played, and the runs forward hurt his defence…so a change in style may play more to his strengths.

Edited to add: Dick can also play a decent CB role as well as RB, so useful depth regardless.

If he gets a game. 

51 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You make some good points Tx, dick is living up to the reputation of kmac  who was a very good and popular left back, unless he was roberto Carlos he was always facing a losing battle. He can be half decent at cb and has impressed me there more tbh . I personally don’t think he is great but definitely not the worst.

21 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

People on the Clyde thread who has close links to Clyde apparently he was on 1K a week there while also working full time, and when he signed for us I think they said it was at £1200 he was never going to sign for less money whether it’s true or not we will never know 

He wasn’t working full time or even part time and your stab at his RR wage is way off

Comrie would be a good signing for us. I thought he was one of dunfermlines better players during the covid season. In saying that I doubt we will even be looking at him seing as he's under contract. 

Dick isn't good enough at lb never mind cb or rb. 

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Comrie would be a good signing for us. I thought he was one of dunfermlines better players during the covid season. In saying that I doubt we will even be looking at him seing as he's under contract. 

Dick isn't good enough at lb never mind cb or rb. 

I wouldn’t mind Comrie/Berra/Lang/Dick…but I don’t know if Comrie is achievable because he’s still contracted to the Pars, last I heard. But, I know there might be a chance given they will be downsizing the budget.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

I wouldn’t mind Comrie/Berra/Lang/Dick…but I don’t know if Comrie is achievable because he’s still contracted to the Pars, last I heard. But, I know there might be a chance given they will be downsizing the budget.

We won't be paying a fee for any player this summer I wouldn't have thought. So no real chance of Comrie coming here and like I said, I doubt he's even on the radar. 

36 minutes ago, grumswall said:

We won't be paying a fee for any player this summer I wouldn't have thought. So no real chance of Comrie coming here and like I said, I doubt he's even on the radar. 

Yeah only chance would be if pars wanted him off the wage bill. I don’t think we’ll be in for him.

47 minutes ago, grumswall said:

And I can't imagine he would have a release clause in his contract as I'm sure the Pars, like our good selves in 2016/17, weren't intending to get relegated.

I reckon Comrie will be away, Todd seems to be first choice now (rightly or wrongly), and with us having three right backs one of them will go to free up wages for somewhere else in the team. 

MacDonald isn't going because no one will take him, and that leaves Comrie. He's a good player and was fantastic for us at times, however I reckon McPake will juggle the squad so as to reinvest those wages somewhere else. 

4 hours ago, grumswall said:

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

Yeah only chance would be if pars wanted him off the wage bill. I don’t think we’ll be in for him.

That’s the question, are they willing to pay his wages in League One…probably they are, and expecting to return to the Championship next year, but we can dream a bit.

7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Jesus. Makes you wonder about the “luck” we had with injuries under McGlynn…

That very thought went through my mind reading that, but found it hard to believe his medical notes were ignored even by the club doctor or physio