The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 hours ago, Bandohope said:

Aye that's right leave the main stand for the old bogeys

The main stand that gets Hehaw improvements or 2nd thoughts even from the directors

And that'll be many of the old fogeys who were supporting Raith long before you were born given the disrespectful tone of your text

The same fogeys who helped  baile out Raith years ago during the Gordon Brown appeal  and like myself have paid for seasons from when Bert Herdsman was manager (well maw bought them for a wee while)and bought shares for no gain and no doubt paid a fair bit into the Andy Milne fund

So sunshine put your brain into gear before engaging your typing finger 

Ach, my money and anyone under whatever age you are intimating's money must have counted for nothing at the time of the buy out then, or at least counted for less.... It was only the old fogeys going by your logic. 🙄  I was also one of the vocal fans at the games to get shot of the McGowan clan.
You make assumptions.  Bad assumptions.  I have been around Starks for a looooong time.  Not as long as Bert Herdman mind you..... but long enough to have several years bought a pie about 8 yards from the pisser near the south east floodlight, and following it by watching Hamish swing on the bar.

Think you need to read less into what you read on football forums.  Especially this one.  It is called banter, and is not a personal battle....

:P

Edited by Heid_The_Baw

You know what?  After looking at the plans, this seems like a sensible plan tbh.  It is not what I had envisioned, which was basically a snug/restaurant for matchday.

I stand corrected.  It makes sense to have it at the North end for the public car parking, and then a straight through into the stadium via the changing rooms for the Jock McStay wannabes jhaving their kick about on the park.  Then a wee cup of coffee and a donut in the cafe after the shower.

Cash going to the stadium company, then hopefully finding its way into the transfer budget.

1 minute ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

You know what?  After looking at the plans, this seems like a sensible plan tbh.  It is not what I had envisioned, which was basically a snug/restaurant for matchday.

I stand corrected.  It makes sense to have it at the North end for the public car parking, and then a straight through into the stadium via the changing rooms for the Jock McStay wannabes jhaving their kick about on the park.  Then a wee cup of coffee and a donut in the cafe after the shower.

Cash going to the stadium company, then hopefully finding its way into the transfer budget.

Hopefully they’ve considered the capacity with chairs and tables in for this one.

We had that feeling too at St Mirren but it went badly wrong. Good luck.
Sometimes, things don't work well at one club but do others. Kevin Nisbet had about 4 league goals before signing for us after a trial. Ryan Hardie was seen as being useless at St Mirren but has been great at every other club. He's had spells at two other clubs since his time with St Mirren. Very different circumstances too.

A decent appointment, especially given other names linked with the role. At this level, out with a complete unknown, you aren't going to get an experienced manager with no blemishes on their record. His recent transfer dealings also don't include a rapist so that's another positive for the club to move forward.

He also said staying FT - seemed to share McGlynn's unease with hybrid.

Also "likes to work with a tight squad" - imagine that was a huge win in the BoD's eyes.

So, unless we are moving some guys on, there isn't a whole lot of room to bring guys in. 

Minimum I think we'd need - assuming no one moved on from the contracted players and not counting out of contract players would be: 1x RB 2 x CB, 1 x CM, 2x striker.

That would replace Tumilty, give us short term injury cover for Berra, and long term for Lang. Assume that CM was Spencer to give us 4 midfield options for likely 3 berths (which is stretching us pretty thin) in Spencer, Stanton, Matthews and Arnott. Two strikers to add a different option to Gullan and to cover for the likely partial availability of Vaughan.

Presumably Easton could do something of that No 10 role leaving us looking for 1 target man type striker, if he were actually interested in coming over.

Still leaves some deficiencies in the squad (left back for example) and running with 3 CBs until Lang comes back but surely that is the minimum we can expect to run without quickly getting into selection issues.

1 hour ago, Railwaystand said:

Thought he spoke really well and certainly seems like the type of football the fans can get behind. Let’s hope the players buy into it aswell. A much needed boost for the club and fans. 

He’s a yellow mitre right enough.

I’m glad we have a manager and happy enough it’s Murray. Hopefully he can get Scott Agnew in, seen as he obviously thinks he had a good thing going with him.

Good luck to him.