The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

Just watched the John Mcglynn interview there on Falkirk TV a wee bit interesting , acknowledge you have to go to certain places and adapt your tactics to suit I.e a windy Montrose not a time for silky soccer must have changed your way of thinking John , if a guy isn’t performing I’ll bring someone else in you had Matej bench warm  for 3 quarters of the season then look what he does when he gets decent minutes on the park! Also lapping praise on how good Falkirk stadium is compared to other grounds pity the team that plays on it is mince ,  Sorry John hope your a complete and utter failure at Falkirk and I still maintain the Rovers BOD didn’t trust you with more money that’s why your budget was cut reportedly , Get the new manager in as quick as possible please Rovers and let’s kick on 

Oaft, serious shades of "she's an ugly cow anyway", whilst going round her house at night and sitting in the car outside quietly weeping. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

That's Dundee officially looking for a new manager now...

Gonna quickly appoint Kevin Thomson so we don't end up going for him, please.

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm not sure our board have it in them to act so decisively. 

That is the most true statement I've read in the last 4 or 5 pages of this thread.

To be fair I do think one thing that was starting to bug me about McGlynn was he seemed in the way he set up more worried/concerned about how to play against the opposition than about how we should play in general. I guess he’ll have Falkirk going up to Peterhead and trying to scrape a point etc. as he did with us. Loved McGlynn of course but I don’t particularly wish him any luck at Falkirk.

57 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Attendance at Cowden v Bonnyrigg Rose this afternoon - 2117.

They should get relegated more often.

An event for the history books, tbh - their last appearance in the senior leagues for a long time I reckon. 

On 12/05/2022 at 19:54, Scary Bear said:

Nah, it would be good to do an Accies or a Livi and get promoted.

Our promotion didn't come from nothing though. It took a completely new group of people in charge of the club, a relegation and a new manager to even win League 1. We had the lowest budget in the Championship too. 

It essentially took us building the club from the ground up to get where we are, and even then we have a small budget. We're only now finally debt free

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

An event for the history books, tbh - their last appearance in the senior leagues for a long time I reckon. 

Yeah, will be at least until we have more relegation and promotion from the non-leagues. That said in time teams that go down will come back up, they have down south. Just a bit of a logjam right now here.

Edited by Enigma

10 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Yeah, will be at least until we have more relegation and promotion from the non-leagues. That said in time teams that go down will come back up, they have down south. Just a bit of a logjam right now here.

True. However the Lowland League in particular has been very adept at creating its very own closed shop, after years of crying about the SPFL. And there's the 'guest team' nonsense. 

They are certainly not making me more sympathetic to an automatic relegation and a play-off, that's for sure. 

13 hours ago, Michael W said:

True. However the Lowland League in particular has been very adept at creating its very own closed shop, after years of crying about the SPFL. And there's the 'guest team' nonsense. 

They are certainly not making me more sympathetic to an automatic relegation and a play-off, that's for sure. 

Aye Lowland League is actually worse than the SPFL now.  A 16 team (18 with Guest Clubs) league with 3 divisions feeding into it and they’ve got 1 relegation spot, an absolute joke of self preservation.  Then to add insult to injury they “invite” the Colt teams of the Ugly Sisters in instead of giving the EOSFL, WOSFL or SOSFL extra spots. Hopefully once a few more Ex SPFL teams go down and a few ex Juniors move up they can punt the Colts and put in proper promotion and relegation. It’s embarrassing the self preservation in Scottish football from the top down, the pyramid will only work once these glass ceilings are smashed.  

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gonna quickly appoint Kevin Thomson so we don't end up going for him, please.

Any reason you’re against Thomson getting the Dundee job? There’s certainly some worse names being linked with our vacancy.  His issue is his success is with a vastly superior budget to the other clubs so it’s difficult to know if he’s a good manager or just a chequebook one. His Rangers TV pish is probably the biggest turn off. Just seems a bit unprofessional to not be fully focused on the club you manage. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

Does anyone think that we’ve already got a manager in mind like KT who theyre very high on supposedly if you believe papers and waiting to announce it? Or the other way that they’ve got absolutely no clue who they want and will just wing….. I fear it could be the latter choice 

18 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Does anyone think that we’ve already got a manager in mind like KT who theyre very high on supposedly if you believe papers and waiting to announce it? Or the other way that they’ve got absolutely no clue who they want and will just wing….. I fear it could be the latter choice 

I think we have a couple of targets in mind especially as it looks like they were happy for Mcglynn to run down his contract and move on so it will have been discussed by the board but probably curious as well to see who applied, expecting an announcement next week or it will be the latter 🤦🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Any reason you’re against Thomson getting the Dundee job? There’s certainly some worse names being linked with our vacancy.  His issue is his success is with a vastly superior budget to the other clubs so it’s difficult to know if he’s a good manager or just a chequebook one. His Rangers TV pish is probably the biggest turn off. Just seems a bit unprofessional to not be fully focused on the club you manage. 

We need experience. I hate that Thomson gets an easy ride and is deemed promising because he talks well. All he's proven so far is that he can follow in Barry Ferguson's footsteps with a mammoth budget at Kelty. We'd have been as well keeping McPake as he has more managerial experience. 

No-one is touting Gary Irvine for jobs who has done a relatively decent job rebuilding Forfar in the same league after they looked like they had the potential to do a Brechin.

Thomson is the flavour of the month and there's no substance to it other than who he is - because he's achieved nothing. He might well go on to be the best manager Scotland has ever witnessed but I'm against him being appointed just now.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We need experience. I hate that Thomson gets an easy ride and is deemed promising because he talks well. All he's proven so far is that he can follow in Barry Ferguson's footsteps with a mammoth budget at Kelty. We'd have been as well keeping McPake as he has more managerial experience. 

No-one is touting Gary Irvine for jobs who has done a relatively decent job rebuilding Forfar in the same league after they looked like they had the potential to do a Brechin.

Thomson is the flavour of the month and there's no substance to it other than who he is - because he's achieved nothing. He might well go on to be the best manager Scotland has ever witnessed but I'm against him being appointed just now.

Jim Duffy is available.

Likewise with Peter Murphy who’s been there a good few years now and has Annan in and around the playoffs despite having no money to work with.