The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

f**k this consolidation malarkey. We have players signed up good enough to challenge for promotion. What we need is a manager who can identify and add whats needed and get them playing in a way that realises this. McGlynn couldn't do it and is now gone. I don't know who on the shortlist will be able to do it but the board in their interviews should absolutely be demanding a promotion challenge of the new boss. The new boss should be demanding it of themselves. There is nothing in the league to fear next season. It will be competitive yes but we've as good a chance as anyone else.

With you

8 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

There is nothing in the league to fear next season. It will be competitive yes but we've as good a chance as anyone else.

Absolutely your right to hope for more, but…

1) We’re already behind in signing players for next year, and several possibilities we could use will likely be gone before we even get a new gaffer in.

2) The current signed team comprises: 3 keepers (MacDonald, Thompson, Bow), 2 CB (Berra, Masson) and 1 CB in December or so (Lang), 2 LB (Dick and Young), 0 RB, 3 Midfielders (Arnott, Stanton and Matthews), 8 Attackers/Wingers (Connolly, Coulson Gullan, Mahady, Mitchell, Ross, Vaughan (hopefully), Zanatta). Of those players, we can not expect Masson, Coulson or Mahady to contribute, and Mitchell is unlikely to contribute. Young isn’t ready to start yet, Arnott probably is.

3) Multiple reports suggest a reduced playing budget, so whomever comes in will be forced to pick carefully who he/she brings in, as several positions are critically thin/absent in the currently signed team.

4) It is unlikely we can find a near like replacement for Tumilty at RB, Spencer would be a tough act to follow if he leaves, and where are we going to find at least one starting CB?

None of this is being addressed until we get the new manager in, so I don’t mind looking for consolidation, sorry.

29 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Well, if ever a game of football could sum up the standard of the Championship this season, it was that guff at Gayfield tonight. 

I turned off at HT. unwatchable.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

1) We’re already behind in signing players for next year, and several possibilities we could use will likely be gone before we even get a new gaffer in.

2) The current signed team comprises: 3 keepers (MacDonald, Thompson, Bow), 2 CB (Berra, Masson) and 1 CB in December or so (Lang), 2 LB (Dick and Young), 0 RB, 3 Midfielders (Arnott, Stanton and Matthews), 8 Attackers/Wingers (Connolly, Coulson Gullan, Mahady, Mitchell, Ross, Vaughan (hopefully), Zanatta). Of those players, we can not expect Masson, Coulson or Mahady to contribute, and Mitchell is unlikely to contribute. Young isn’t ready to start yet, Arnott probably is.

3) Multiple reports suggest a reduced playing budget, so whomever comes in will be forced to pick carefully who he/she brings in, as several positions are critically thin/absent in the currently signed team.

4) It is unlikely we can find a near like replacement for Tumilty at RB, Spencer would be a tough act to follow if he leaves, and where are we going to find at least one starting CB?

None of this is being addressed until we get the new manager in, so I don’t mind looking for consolidation, sorry.

Tumilty away? How’ve I missed that. Where’s he went ?

Have I missed something?

Who have Hamilton signed?
Who have Morton signed?
What about Ayr?
Partick? I know of 1 player they signed on a PCA from the league below.

We’re hardly far behind the other teams in this league( that their seasons are over) in signing players.

1 hour ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Tumilty away? How’ve I missed that. Where’s he went ?

He’s out of contract, the list was of contracted players.

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Have I missed something?

Who have Hamilton signed?
Who have Morton signed?
What about Ayr?
Partick? I know of 1 player they signed on a PCA from the league below.

We’re hardly far behind the other teams in this league( that their seasons are over) in signing players.

We’re miles behind. If you think for a second that Action isn’t ongoing all over Scottish football, you”re kidding yourself. The agents of players out of contract have been calling coaches since January, nothing in the rules prevents that (SPFL Rules, Annex 1, #27-30). PCA’s are statements of intent, liked by club because they signal things, but are only good for a player when he clearly knows where he wants to go and isn’t interested in other offers. Tumilty will be in demand, his agent has probably already fielded interest from several teams, and informed Tumilty of the interest. He hasn’t signed the offer Raith tendered him, that should make his departure pretty clear, without it being June yet.

While it is correct those other teams haven’t “signed” players, you know as well as I do that a whole load of signings will be announced less than three weeks from now, and it’s no use pretending that was all negotiated post 31 May, 2022. Without a manager, we don’t even know which of our current players might be surplus to requirements and what system we may wish to implement, so we’re very unlikely to have approached anyone.

On 12/05/2022 at 17:02, Brashy's Boots said:
On 12/05/2022 at 16:54, CALDERON said:
I don't doubt Fox has learned etc, but appointing a manager who managed a team to the bottom of the SPFL in his last gig is a tough sell.  

This. I didn't want to appear negative but if I've got company, it's not so bad.

Yet you dismiss mcpake without thought even though he has a promotion from our league. Liam will have learned a lot in the time he’s worked at hearts,Livingston and Dundee United. 

9 hours ago, GazH6 said:

Yet you dismiss mcpake without thought even though he has a promotion from our league. Liam will have learned a lot in the time he’s worked at hearts,Livingston and Dundee United. 

Dundee fans raged at him and spent most of last season in the Championship wanting him fired.

Just watched the John Mcglynn interview there on Falkirk TV a wee bit interesting , acknowledge you have to go to certain places and adapt your tactics to suit I.e a windy Montrose not a time for silky soccer must have changed your way of thinking John , if a guy isn’t performing I’ll bring someone else in you had Matej bench warm  for 3 quarters of the season then look what he does when he gets decent minutes on the park! Also lapping praise on how good Falkirk stadium is compared to other grounds pity the team that plays on it is mince ,  Sorry John hope your a complete and utter failure at Falkirk and I still maintain the Rovers BOD didn’t trust you with more money that’s why your budget was cut reportedly , Get the new manager in as quick as possible please Rovers and let’s kick on 

Just watched the John Mcglynn interview there on Falkirk TV a wee bit interesting , acknowledge you have to go to certain places and adapt your tactics to suit I.e a windy Montrose not a time for silky soccer must have changed your way of thinking John , if a guy isn’t performing I’ll bring someone else in you had Matej bench warm  for 3 quarters of the season then look what he does when he gets decent minutes on the park! Also lapping praise on how good Falkirk stadium is compared to other grounds pity the team that plays on it is mince ,  Sorry John hope your a complete and utter failure at Falkirk and I still maintain the Rovers BOD didn’t trust you with more money that’s why your budget was cut reportedly , Get the new manager in as quick as possible please Rovers and let’s kick on 
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

23 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Seemed a pretty standard first interview with a new team. A little carrot (nice facilities, good stadium…too bad it needs a new pitch) and a little stick (players have to perform) is standard to get the fans hopeful and buying ST’s soon. We’ve all heard the “horses for courses” line dozens of times, and he did adapt to conditions in League One better than the Championship this year. I just hope he hasn’t convinced Spencer to drop a League with him!

He did try the horses for courses with us this season. The first game up at Arbroath where we played about 6 centre backs to get as many 6 footers on the pitch as possible springs to mind. 

Not that it always worked right enough. 

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He did try the horses for courses with us this season. The first game up at Arbroath where we played about 6 centre backs to get as many 6 footers on the pitch as possible springs to mind. 

Not that it always worked right enough. 

I think the problem the second half was more he adjusted the horses, but not the formation (except for a sheer bloody mindedness about Varian over Pops).

3 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Dundee fans raged at him and spent most of last season in the Championship wanting him fired.

But but but, that’s different. We’re a big club n that!!😆😆