The New Raith Rovers Thread

57 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

So it’s looking like Kevin Thomson is the favourite at 2/1 does anyone think this will be a good appointment just wanting some peoples thoughts, me personally think it’s better than the shite that on the list apart from Ian Murray 

Not keen mate tbh, had a sheltered start to his managerial career given the resources they have compared to the rest of league 2

6 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Not sure that was her fault though 

It wasn't. 

However I am looking at her role as described and am struggling to think what's been achieved. I don't think a club of our size needs a CEO and I don't see what return we are getting from employing one. 

26 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

That apparent striker was the boy who went to partick Alegria or however you spell it he wanted partick as it was closer to home type thing 

In playing teams we dodged a bullet there then. Obviously I still wish we'd gotten him in. 

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

The person who deserves 100% of the grief in all this is John Sim, and his interview the other week was a disgrace, that suggested he's a long way removed from societal norms, which is both interesting and worrying.

50 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Wouldn't surprise me if the desire to avoid a conflict of interest saw JM and Smudger go to save the CEO role for puppeteer Sim.

I'm sure John Sim reads P&B.

The toys are going to be out the pram again.

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

It wasn't. 

However I am looking at her role as described and am struggling to think what's been achieved. I don't think a club of our size needs a CEO and I don't see what return we are getting from employing one. 

Presumably with Sim an absent chairman, her job was at least in part to implement his intent on a day to day basis.

With a "proper" chairman in place now, you'd think the need for a proxy would have abated, but given his less than stellar start maybe there is a need for someone to hold his hand through this.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Presumably with Sim an absent chairman, her job was at least in part to implement his intent on a day to day basis.

With a "proper" chairman in place now, you'd think the need for a proxy would have abated, but given his less than stellar start maybe there is a need for someone to hold his hand through this.

Unfortunately, this is the blind leading the blind.

Guest Ecosse83

I know someone who is involved with the lower leagues and he has spoken very well about Kevin Thomson and thinks he will have a very big future in management. Would be a great appointment for you guys if you managed to get him from Kelty! 

We dont need a CEO, specially one who must've known her hubby was leaving well beforehand, and now looks to be getting involved in selecting his replacement...... you'd as well be better off having McGlynn and Smith chosing their successor

The club is turning to ratshit, and if this next appointment is a bad one that sees us fighting relegation next year , Sim would be as well closing the club, for that bookies list is horrendous to say the least

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

We dont need a CEO, specially one who must've known her hubby was leaving well beforehand, and now looks to be getting involved in selecting his replacement...... you'd as well be better off having McGlynn and Smith chosing their successor

The club is turning to ratshit, and if this next appointment is a bad one that sees us fighting relegation next year , Sim would be as well closing the club, for that bookies list is horrendous to say the least

This is exactly the reason why the CEO should never have been appointed, she’s married to Paul Smith and as you say now is effectively involved with choosing his replacement when she must have known he was leaving.  Absolutely amateur from a club who are meant to be professional.  I hope she’s shown the door in the very near future her time here is hardly a glowing assessment of her performance as CEO. 

Stolen from twitter; Rovers have had 4 top 5 finishes in the last 22 seasons, John and Paul have managed 3 of them. Add in 3 challenge cups between them a Scottish cup semi final and 2 league 1 titles. 

We have had 13 managers in that time (counting JM x2) For Sim to think a change without a clearly identified  upgrade is the mark of a fool. He is making decisions based on little to no knowledge of the game and as such his warped ego is meaning his precious legacy is that of an utter bawbag.

How any CEO would see this as a productive role is bonkers even without the family ties. 

Whats pissed me off more than anything is the amount of funds the supporters gave to the club up till Management / Board / CEO thought it was a good idea to have yon January signing, to now find out the playing budget has been cut through the afforementioned's mismanagement in doing so........... that cost should be borne by them and them alone

3 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Moneyball style 

Not even kidding, it's genuinely what we've been doing since we were in League 1 :D He's somehow found a way to make it work

18 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Stolen from twitter; Rovers have had 4 top 5 finishes in the last 22 seasons, John and Paul have managed 3 of them. Add in 3 challenge cups between them a Scottish cup semi final and 2 league 1 titles. 

We have had 13 managers in that time (counting JM x2) For Sim to think a change without a clearly identified  upgrade is the mark of a fool. He is making decisions based on little to no knowledge of the game and as such his warped ego is meaning his precious legacy is that of an utter bawbag.

How any CEO would see this as a productive role is bonkers even without the family ties. 

You reading this Mr Sim?

13 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Whats pissed me off more than anything is the amount of funds the supporters gave to the club up till Management / Board / CEO thought it was a good idea to have yon January signing, to now find out the playing budget has been cut through the afforementioned's mismanagement in doing so........... that cost should be borne by them and them alone

Didn’t Sim say we were financially better with the sponsors, Commerical, Merchandise sales, TV money, the Celtic and Aberdeen money but cutting a budget that him, BoD and McGlynn caused 

5 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

With apologies to Laura for pulling a tweet across to here, which I think is a little shady... 

I think this is important, especially given how opaque the club have been about Karen Macartney's duties since she joined. 

So the club - a football club, mind - hired a Chief Executive who couldn't be involved in any football contract matters, presumably because of the conflict of interest. 

Which opens up a whole barrel of questions, all of which further call into question the leadership at the club. 

Once again, though, I'm going to cry out for some communication. There's so much acrimony at the moment and at least some of it will inevitably be directed at the wrong people because we've got absolutely no idea who does what at the club. If that's all changing now that Paul Smith has left (!?) then it's the perfect time to lay out the roles and responsibilities for everyone from the owner down through the CEO, the Chairman and the new look board. 

Oh yes she was!!!

If Karen McCartney's role, as CEO, is not to deal with footballing matters or contracts and deal with building the business side off the pitch, in my opinion, she is not a CEO. Compare her to someone like Leanne Dempster at Queens Park and it's night and day.

Now if her job is to build matters of the pitch and encourage investment then that's absolutely fine but explain that to the fans very clearly. However also give her an alternative role or title like Business Development Officer.

It's this type of miscommunication or simply lack of communication that leads to discontented with fans.

I had heard before it was announced that we were bringing in someone with a view to generating income to help build things from a community point of view so when I saw we then had a new chief executive I presumed, as most did here, that she was having a far greater input than planned. Clearly that's not the case.