Jump to content

The New Raith Rovers Thread


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Correct.

I think the board are probably just trying to show transparency and that they are following a correct process. Adverts like that probably wouldn’t have been made public had we had faith in the board. 
 

There also might be an element of let’s see who applies, even if the board maybe does have a couple of names in mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Correct.

I think the board are probably just trying to show transparency and that they are following a correct process. Adverts like that probably wouldn’t have been made public had we had faith in the board. 
 

I don't remember seeing a vacancy for CEO before we appointed one.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, RosscoRiot said:

The last 6 months was inconsistent and the run of 10+ games without a win warranted a sacking, Jack Ross was mercilessly sacked with Hibs still sitting 3rd in the Premiership. The only saving grace was the spfl challenge cup win. I'd love to see Jack Ross take the club forward but I can't see that happening. McPake wouldn't be a bad shout either.

Thanks James for joining the forum, not sure you would understand oor twang in the Lang toun😂😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, L. Brilliant said:

I don't remember seeing a vacancy for CEO before we appointed one.  

We appointed her while all was well in the world. Everything that the board do is under the microscope just now so they will be thinking that showing due process is a good thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

We appointed her while all was well in the world. Everything that the board do is under the microscope just now so they will be thinking that showing due process is a good thing.

Yeah I think it was Bill Clark who brought her in initially, helping out with marketing and such. Sim made her CEO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Railwaystand said:

Genuine question, what realistic appointment would excite the fans? . 

Craig Levein. A former Scotland manager and Rovers fan.

Ian Murray. Had Airdrie playing well and challenging for the title, albeit a league below.

That’s about it. I have a shit imagination. Anyway, I have no say in the matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Craig Levein. A former Scotland manager and Rovers fan.

Ian Murray. Had Airdrie playing well and challenging for the title, albeit a league below.

That’s about it. I have a shit imagination. Anyway, I have no say in the matter.

Whilst either of those would possibly please, or satisy some fans.... it would be a stretch to describe them as exciting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Anyway why the clamour for Kevin Thomson. My dear auld gran passed away 20 years ago and could still manage Kelty with the cash they have. Btw I smell a Gretna coming. 

New material finally 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

I feel it's probably no coincidence your form improved when he rarely featured. 

Funnily enough the only real low point during the improved form was a dramatic late collapse against Dumbarton when Riley-Snow and Adam King had come on together in centre midfield. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Whilst either of those would possibly please, or satisy some fans.... it would be a stretch to describe them as exciting.

At our level that's about as good as it gets unfortunately. 

There's nobody out there who is attainable with the sort of recent track record that would excite us. 

Other than a Levein or Murray type, the only alternative would be a younger, unproven manager who comes in and talks a good game and makes a couple of promising early signings. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Funnily enough the only real low point during the improved form was a dramatic late collapse against Dumbarton when Riley-Snow and Adam King had come on together in centre midfield. 

I've rarely seen as bad a substitute as BRS. When he came on for us, almost without exception he would get nowhere near the pace of the game and end up being more of a hindrance than a help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Whilst either of those would possibly please, or satisy some fans.... it would be a stretch to describe them as exciting.

When was the last time you were excited by the Rovers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RosscoRiot said:

The last 6 months was inconsistent and the run of 10+ games without a win warranted a sacking, Jack Ross was mercilessly sacked with Hibs still sitting 3rd in the Premiership. The only saving grace was the spfl challenge cup win. I'd love to see Jack Ross take the club forward but I can't see that happening. McPake wouldn't be a bad shout either.

Ross knocked back 250k a year to manage queen's park so I can't see him signing up for Raith anytime soon I'm afraid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

At our level that's about as good as it gets unfortunately. 

There's nobody out there who is attainable with the sort of recent track record that would excite us. 

Other than a Levein or Murray type, the only alternative would be a younger, unproven manager who comes in and talks a good game and makes a couple of promising early signings. 

Exactly, short of telling me that we’ve been taken over by some wealthy sheik and Klopp is coming to Starks, those appointments are as good as it gets. 

Getting Yogi was a well received appointment among the Rovers fans but that went south quickly. Great at winning home games. Couldn’t win an away game (or a play-off) to save his life.

McGlynn coming back was fairly exciting.

Edited by Scary Bear
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ross knocked back 250k a year to manage queen's park so I can't see him signing up for Raith anytime soon I'm afraid. 

Pfft, we chucked that sort of money away without a moment's thought in the January window...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With apologies to Laura for pulling a tweet across to here, which I think is a little shady... 

I think this is important, especially given how opaque the club have been about Karen Macartney's duties since she joined. 

So the club - a football club, mind - hired a Chief Executive who couldn't be involved in any football contract matters, presumably because of the conflict of interest. 

Which opens up a whole barrel of questions, all of which further call into question the leadership at the club. 

Once again, though, I'm going to cry out for some communication. There's so much acrimony at the moment and at least some of it will inevitably be directed at the wrong people because we've got absolutely no idea who does what at the club. If that's all changing now that Paul Smith has left (!?) then it's the perfect time to lay out the roles and responsibilities for everyone from the owner down through the CEO, the Chairman and the new look board. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The thing is looking at the rest of the championship of we could pick anyone else's manager I think you would struggle to get overly excited. 

Campbell has done wonders at Arbroath but doubt he could do it again and I'm expecting an Arbroath collapse as his side get older and teams work them out. 

Imrie has had a great start at Morton getting them organised.

That's about it I just don't think there's all that many managers to get excited about. 

In terms of the unemployed nd likely candidates it's even worse.

Some of the names give me genuine fear. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...