The New Raith Rovers Thread

44 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Always a danger for any club trying to do a rebuild is they don’t hit the ground running and one of your rivals does and you’re playing catch-up. As has been mentioned League 1 is going to be a competitive league next year.  Falkirk, QotS Kelty, and three from the playoff teams with Alloa always looking for a wee adventure to the Championship. It’s probably the strongest it’s been for a while. Is McGlynn the right man for Falkirk? will he get the time if he doesn’t hit the ground running? Only time will tell. 

Don’t envy your current position with the possibility of that League next season.  With our playoff record we’d already be doomed in your position 😂

I'll be surprised if there's a team with a worst playoff record than Dunfermline in Scotland, I think we've won three games, out of eleven? And have never came out on the winning side of the playoffs. 

We're in a bad place in many ways. 

Danny lennon shouldn't be in contention. I'd hate for another member of that team to sour their legacy with the club. Thomson has done as expected at Kelty but is considered a good coach as well. My preference is Murray. Honestly though, none of the suggested names fill me with confidence. Mcpake though? He's a guy who was lucky Adam decided to turn up in the playoffs last season. Unless we have the money to sign someone like that, he's pointless. 

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'll be surprised if there's a team with a worst playoff record than Dunfermline in Scotland, I think we've won three games, out of eleven? And have never came out on the winning side of the playoffs. 

We're in a bad place in many ways. 

Ours is equally bad, from memory we have only ever won 3 games (Hibs, Forfar and the Pars) and lost on aggregate to Stirling Albion, Airdire, Hibs, QOS, Brechin and Dundee whilst never actually being promoted or being able to save ourselves from relegation.

Edited by mrpaddyx

32 minutes ago, grumswall said:

You're a fine one to talk about nonsensical statements right enough.

PS - you where the connection. 

The usual assertions without facts, with the sole aim of firing an insult. An insult from a hyprocrite like you is an honour.

Maybe you can sensibly explain how a belief in the possibility of out of contract Spencer joining McGlynn in League 1 makes the club deserving of fans like me...

"That should be interesting"

Just skimmed through.

Thanks McGlynn, good servant of the club, Paul Smith is the bigger loss for me though.

If Tumility drops to league one I’ll be astonished. His runs down the wing and final balls can be of SPL standard for me. Brad Spencer is top half championship also. 

Unfortunately this is a great signing for Falkirk and the board will now be desperate to get out the league that they might just throw the sink at it and offer wages that players can’t resist. We’ll be the first club to lose players if he’s given a budget.

15 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

The usual assertions without facts, with the sole aim of firing an insult. An insult from a hyprocrite like you is an honour.

Maybe you can sensibly explain how a belief in the possibility of out of contract Spencer joining McGlynn in League 1 makes the club deserving of fans like me...

"That should be interesting"

I think you're a moron. A troll and a moron. 

Feel free to explain how I'm a hypocrite. 

Spencer is a player who has offers from clubs at a higher level than falkirk. 

You where the one who described other fans as being "deserving of the manager they get" 

6 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’ve heard Tumilty has offers from championship and lower half premiership with both Livi and St Mirren both said to be interested 

Is he a LB? I can't see it being that likely if so as we've got a younger and better player that plays there in Penrice. It's probably even less likely if he's a RB as we've got Devlin in there who's our captain and essentially undroppable. If he ends up coming it'll end up being as a backup for us which probably isn't something all that enticing. 

6 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Think Livi might extend his contract as there’s an option there or he might go back home 

I'm feeling more and more sure we will, in case we get an offer of 1.5m+ for Anderson and he leaves to go down south. It'd probably leave us with Shinnie/Poplatnik/Hamilton as backup options which is hardly great. 

5 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Was still giving his chance by mcglynn even tho to late.  Mcglynn will know he won’t be needed  at Livingston and will score 15+ in a L1 promotion pushing side. 

I can see us just allowing him to stay another year, see if we get an offer from you or someone else and if not just let him be backup for another year or so. 

4 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Is he a LB? I can't see it being that likely if so as we've got a younger and better player that plays there in Penrice. It's probably even less likely if he's a RB as we've got Devlin in there who's our captain and essentially undroppable. If he ends up coming it'll end up being as a backup for us which probably isn't something all that enticing. 

I'm feeling more and more sure we will, in case we get an offer of 1.5m+ for Anderson and he leaves to go down south. It'd probably leave us with Shinnie/Poplatnik/Hamilton as backup options which is hardly great. 

I can see us just allowing him to stay another year, see if we get an offer from you or someone else and if not just let him be backup for another year or so. 

Tumilty is a RB 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Tumilty is a RB 

Yeah he'd only ever be a backup for us then, zero chance he'd be displacing Devlin there. I'd say you could comfortably rule us out of that one

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I think you're a moron. A troll and a moron. 

Feel free to explain how I'm a hypocrite. 

Spencer is a player who has offers from clubs at a higher level than falkirk. 

You where the one who described other fans as being "deserving of the manager they get" 

I personally think Spencer stays at championship level like Hamilton or someone like that or lower half premiership 

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah he'd only ever be a backup for us then, zero chance he'd be displacing Devlin there. I'd say you could comfortably rule us out of that one

He can also Play RM/RW where I personally think he’s better there than as a RB, if Livi do sign him maybe Martindale converts him into a winger, it’s just speculation and rumours at this point tbh 

He can also Play RM/RW where I personally think he’s better there than as a RB, if Livi do sign him maybe Martindale converts him into a winger, it’s just speculation and rumours at this point tbh 

It would be interesting I think as we've probably got Alan Forrest on the way out, any idea if he could swap wings and play LW and just cut inside? We've got Nouble at RW who I'm sure you'll know well enough.  

You may be correct, which would be an interesting one

Just now, ATLIS said:

It would be interesting I think as we've probably got Alan Forrest on the way out, any idea if he could swap wings and play LW and just cut inside? We've got Nouble at RW who I'm sure you'll know well enough.  

You may be correct, which would be an interesting one

He can probably play left wing, the lads got a great engine on him as well can get up and down the park for 90 minutes and doesn’t look out of breath 

He can probably play left wing, the lads got a great engine on him as well can get up and down the park for 90 minutes and doesn’t look out of breath 

Sounds like a 'Livi type' player right enough then. Had always just assumed he was a fullback and that was the scope of his game

7 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Sounds like a 'Livi type' player right enough then. Had always just assumed he was a fullback and that was the scope of his game

Defending is his weakest trait, honestly.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Anyone know how Kelty played under Thomson compared to Ferguson? Was there an improvement on the pitch as well as continued league success.

The players seem to enjoy playing for him. I found myself at NCP quite a bit after the transfer fiasco, and there seemed to be a general buzz around KT and the players. As for the football, well it’s easy to dominate games when you have the League Two equivalent of Regan Hendry, in the form of failed Falkirk midfielder Michael Tidser.

7 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Kevin Thomson wouldn't be my first choice. As we all saw with Barry Ferguson, winning a league in which you have the biggest budget isn't the greatest challenge, and more importantly isn't necessarily a great indicator of how you'll do when that's not the case. 

To be fair to Thomson, he won a title a level higher than Ferguson and over a season, rather than 13 games. The year before too it was very close between Kelty and Bonnyrigg when the league was called early, despite the difference in budget. Thomson won a better league by a convincing margin and Kelty fans seemed to think he was a much better manager than Barry. You would hope so too, given Ferguson has none of the qualities required to be a manager. 

8 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

It says Bene and Brad Spencer as he’s out of contract as well and I think Riley-Snow will stay at Alloa 

I doubt Riley-Snow will stay with Alloa, he has hardly featured since Rice came in and he wasn't exactly great before that either. 

Edited by Waspie