The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Been going too long said:

They have millionaires on there board and can offer employment to top up wages etc it’s a good set up

Fair enough.  I think it would be a logical move from Thomson to move to Raith though.   Maybe someone like Levein with Berra.

18 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Absolutely no chance at all but talk of Levein reminded me of Austin McPhee. Wonder if he would fancy having a crack at being a manager. Local connections too.

At least we might have a chance of doing something remotely dangerous from set pieces if we appointed him...

I'd imagine he's on fairly decent money at Aston Villa though, and he strikes me as the type who's realised he might be a better coach than a manager. It's an interesting shout though.

This season alone John McGlynn stained the club's reputation with his relentless pursuit of Goodwillie, bottled a genuine title challenge to finish outside even the Top 4 and then fucks off to a L1 side for more money.

Are the plans for the statue still on, aye?

Edit - Actually think this is a great move for Raith Rovers as a club, showing they were serious about changing the problematic culture that clearly existed at Starks Park.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

This season alone John McGlynn stained the club's reputation with his relentless pursuit of Goodwillie, bottled a genuine title challenge to finish outside even the Top 4 and then fucks off to a L1 side for more money.

I've already thrown it in Dysart Harbour. 

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

There is an advance order in for a John Hughes one just in case.

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I've already thrown it in Dysart Harbour. 

#OnlyOneEarth

4 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

There is an advance order in for a John Hughes one just in case.

He might fancy a wee return to Kirkcaldy in the summer.

12 minutes ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I thought perhaps an approach for oor Danny Lennon might be on the cards, given the bond potentially developed through the recent unsavoury events caused by our clubs.

I hope not bud, I like Danny and he is/was a decent manager but his time to be the rovers boss has passed imo 

10 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Oh aye, right after you guys erect ones to Yogi and Masterton.

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Edit - Actually think this is a great move for Raith Rovers as a club, showing they were serious about changing the problematic culture that clearly existed at Starks Park.

Has to be one of your better posts and worth a green one 😉

Ian Murray - Depending on play offs 

Stewart Petrie - same as above (I couldn’t care less about the Pars connection, just want the best man for the job) 

Kevin Thomson - Cut his teeth in Rangers youth coaching and done what he has needed to with Kelty and looks to be ambitious. 

Any of those 3 I’d be happy with. 

Knowing our luck we’ll get Davo with Bene as his assistant… (jokes)