The New Raith Rovers Thread

The board backed him when he wanted to sign his sex offender pal, even though they knew it would cause problems. I can't imagine most managers getting that degree of support from a board.
Sex offender pal, away and pish, go back to trolling your own team.

Honestly the standard of debate on here sometimes is just superb. Intellectual as always. So let me reply.

Based on his performances since January I wouldn't have him back in next season. Bar the Hamilton match I don't believe he carried anywhere near enough influence in any game and for his position that's something he needs to be doing.

The argument of him being a Scotland (under 21) international is flawed in many respects. How many players have played at that level and done absolutely nothing else in their career and we've had several of them on loan with us in the past. Varian is an under 21 for Ireland but I bet you don't think we should have him back.

Williamson may turn out to be a really good player but based on what I've seen this season with his performances for us I do not think that we should bring him back next season. I think that's a fair argument and I've given a reasonable reply to you as to why.
Did McGlynn actualky play him for any time in his best position. Maybe the Hamilton on game last week was him actually getting to play as he desired. Low and behold he can actually play a bit.

43 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s amusing to see the McGlynn haters out in force again. They’ll have been biding their time since he returned. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Equally amusing to see some that were calling for his head along with the BoD over DG signing now wanting him to stay 

The Courier article was also written by Darren Johnstone, who wrote the one posted on here earlier. 

To be negotiating into the evening on a Bank Holiday Monday to try and stop the manager leaving for a club in the league below is nothing short of humiliating. 

Just now, Michael W said:

The Courier article was also written by Darren Johnstone, who wrote the one posted on here earlier. 

To be negotiating into the evening on a Bank Holiday Monday to try and stop the manager leaving for a club in the league below is nothing short of humiliating. 

I was thinking similar. Given what's gone before, if the new chairman fails to persuade the manager not to leave for a team in League One (given he clearly wants McGlynn to stay), is his position already untenable? 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

Just another example of the shortcomings of this board unfortunately. 

He’s moving on now because of it though. 
He's moved for the realisation of a good opportunity of a decent building process at a club with far more fans and scope for improvement. That and he was fired under a bus by a fuckw#t chairman.

I was thinking similar. Given what's gone before, if the new chairman fails to persuade the manager not to leave for a team in League One (given he clearly wants McGlynn to stay), is his position already untenable? 
But he's not really the chairman. Sim might not be it on paper but he's still the one in charge.

Whatever your thoughts on McGlynn are, the fact it's come down to this is an absolute shambles. It also will suggest that the club have zero plans for in place for any replacement. If the board wanted him to stay then why not offer a contract ages ago. Another example of sheer incompetence by a group on individuals who quite clearly don't have a bloody clue what they are doing.

There's been no mention of Paul Smith yet and nothing to suggest he will go as well. However if he did then surely that would make our Chief Executive's position untenable as well given there is no way she wouldn't have known what was happening.

Seems like either

a) The Rovers board / Sim decided that results from January onwards didn’t warrant a new deal and they wouldn’t be offering one. Which some would argue is a fair decision. However, if they failed to communicate that to McGlynn, players and fans, in a timely manner, then they are incompetent idiots who shouldn’t be running a bath never mind a football club.

or b) The Rovers board / Sim decided that they’d be happy to offer McGlynn a new deal. Which some would argue is a fair decision. However, if they took the attitude that he’s a Rovers man and should be eternally grateful, for whatever they eventually deign to offer him, then they are incompetent idiots who shouldn’t be running a bath never mind a football club

Oaft, what a day. Just catching up on this. Not a done deal yet but looking very likely. 
Based on the 2nd half of our season, McGlynn is taking a big risk moving to Falkirk. His signings are not always great and I would imagine that if he doesn't get off to a good start he will not get the same time from the Falkirk  fans as he got here to build his squad. Yes we have played some nice football and he has moved the club on from the Barry Smith era but we have just shitfested our way to 3 wins in 20 games playing some really shite stuff. We also made the worst 2 signings in Scottish football history this season in Goodwillie and Keatings.
I would be reluctant for us to offer a big wage increase and a 3 year deal to him so if Falkirk are then fair fucks. The fact that no club higher than us is interested speaks volumes. Falkirk taking a risk here too, we had a five year plan for premier league football too and we are nowhere near it.
They key now is how we replace. McPake would be a disaster, he isn't what we are looking for. I think it needs to be a relatively new manager with good Rovers connections/ history. Someone with an affinity with the fans. Prime candidate in my head would be someone like Laurie Ellis or Danny Lennon. Maybe doesn't create a huge amount of excitement but would much prefer this to some fucking jobber that has been around the houses with no Rovers connection at all.
Never a dull moment doon the old san starko.

To those suggestions, no and eh no.

Falkirk are a total basket case. That's not a dig or a wind up, it's an empirical fact. They've gone through multiple managers and backroom staff at a rate of knots and seemingly decent players turn up at the Falkirk Stadium and turn to shit. 

And that's before we take into account the fact that they're in the division below us, one that's going to be full of very competitive teams next year.

Now let's also think about how, birthday caird pish aside, John McGlynn is clearly minded towards the Rovers. We know that because he left a decent gig at Celtic to come back last time. 

With all of that in mind, if he chooses to leave the Rovers to go to Falkirk, just what does that say about the absolute nick that the club must be in? When John McGlynn, a man who has fixed the plumbing at Stark's Park before, is walking away because he thinks the situation is too disfunctional, the whole thing really might well be fucked. 

15 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Was it not the May Bank Holiday Monday that our previous CEO was spotted lording it up, on a freebie, in among all the Dundee United directors at a game, days before they swooped for McKinnon?