The New Raith Rovers Thread

So we have Sim saying in 'that' article that he hoped McGlynn would stay and McGlynn telling a punter at the POTY do that if he'd have been offered a new deal he'd have signed it by now. If this comes down to the board dragging their heels then that's incredibly frustrating and I hope they have some contingency plan... preferably a plan that doesn't involve James McPake or the good majority of names listed above. Wouldn't mind Paul Smith taking over if he was keen to stay. 

Just now, Raithie said:

So we have Sim saying in 'that' article that he hoped McGlynn would stay and McGlynn telling a punter at the POTY do that if he'd have been offered a new deal he'd have signed it by now. If this comes down to the board dragging their heels then that's incredibly frustrating and I hope they have some contingency plan... preferably a plan that doesn't involve James McPake or the good majority of names listed above. Wouldn't mind Paul Smith taking over if he was keen to stay. 

I don’t see how Paul Smith can go but his wife (our CEO) can stay really.

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Nothing Sim says can be trusted. 

It's got to be down to more than money. If Falkirk want him to spearhead a 5 year plan then that is a massive buy into McGlynns management. 

Our own boards inaction also speaks wonders for what their buy in is. 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Really don’t see why you are bothered by this. The majority of you quite rightly wanted him hounded out after the Goodwillie saga but seemed to quickly change your tune after the cup win. 

Spot on, although the cup win changed nothing for me.

If he goes hopefully our CEO will leave along with her husband.

3 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

If he goes hopefully our CEO will leave along with her husband.

100% this. I can’t see that she’s doing anything to justify what we’re supposedly paying her. I know a few that have had dealing with her and they’re not glowing. Bill Clark’s comments about her on K107 were also quite interesting/telling.

Edited by Enigma

Not sure what to make if all this, but if hes gone, hes gone not hellish much we can do about it, whats gone on in the background will have had a bearing on the decisions of both parties in this, 

The next week will be crucial in the future of the club, the board must know that, I hope to god if a successor is required they dont take the cheap option, and certainly not pick Mcpake or any of the other usual numpties 

1 minute ago, Against The Machine said:

Honestly did not know The National had actual sports reporters, but at least that article has a direct quote in it. Perhaps all is not yet lost. 

Honestly did not know The National had actual reporters, but at least that article has a direct quote in it. Perhaps all is not yet lost. 

Fixed it for you :)

13 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Honestly did not know The National had actual sports reporters, but at least that article has a direct quote in it. Perhaps all is not yet lost. 

I think that Darren Johnstone guy is a freelance. He's done a couple of Rovers related stories in the Courier recently now that Temple is moving upwards. 

13 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I also hope he's not going over his budget being cut to compensate for the price of that feckin signing.......... that should be their burden to finance, it was their decision

I thought his programme notes were hinting at a tight budget next season. I've not got huge sympathy for him about that given his role in the transfer right enough. 

IF....IF McGlynn goes the BoD will have an even bigger stooshie on their hands than with the Goodwillie panto!!

I for one have very little faith in the BoD. not simply because of JMcG but the way they have ""conducted"

themselves in recent yea5rs. If McGlynn goes I will not be back at Starks.

It really says it all when a manager who has great affection for our club cannot be retained.

This Board seems to LURCH from one crisis to anorher and...they have little credibility left!!

Edited by Wee Sandy