The New Raith Rovers Thread

You mean Dick whose team finished 8th last season and who we would have hounded out? 
Programme is available through Rovers Down South twitter feed. Club seem to have pulled it. Had a read and it's full if the editor giving it the "it's my baw" treatment.
We on here are no strangers to criticising the club but a takeover of the programme was bold. 

What you mean after getting his side promoted over us and super McGlynn and then staying in the league with a part time budget? Yes that Dick

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

I seem to remember a previous programme editor being relieved of his duties for what he wrote at the end of a previous season...

Indeed.

It would appear that some people were uncomfortable with facts and truths 27 years ago.

Hopefully we are not considering a two year contract for McGlynn after that absolute show from December onwards. 

Of the out of contract players I'd keep Musonda, Tumilty and Spencer, with the rest let go. Unfortunately I think Tumilty and Musonda are leaving and not sure about Spencer, which then brings me to the question of whether I'd keep Benedictus. If we had the facility to retail Musonda, then no I wouldn't. I might reconsider when McKay and Musonda both go, since we'll be needing a new RB and need a better LB as well. Too many new faces might not be wise. 

Up front it's over to McGlynn (probably) to address an issue that he has struggled with the last two seasons. If Poplatnik's contract at Livi is up (and I think it is) then I'd try and get him signed up. He's managed a pretty solid return and I think he is capable. Beyond that, two new strikers needed. 

Had Dick and Zanatta been out of contract I'd have let then go as well. Zanatta is a pretty good comparison to our season, actually - started off beyond expectations and then just frustrated everyone. 

Finally, give us something to cheer about and get Goodwillie fucking gone. 

Just watched the highlights from last night. South Stand does look pretty empty. I’m assuming most folk decided they would either give it a miss entirely or just watch on TV. I would have been one of them, but I had an invite to go for a few beers beforehand then go to the game.

30 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Hopefully we are.

There is a lot of convincing to do after the last four months. In my view, awarding a new deal after it is actually the wrong the answer. 

I accept this is not a popular view. 

45 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

It's your honest opinion that McGlynn shouldnt be givien a two year contract... but absolute stupidity?

Yeah. Giving a 2 year deal to a man who couldn't manage us to a single home win in 2022 would be stupidity in my opinion. 

There is a decent chance we'll be sacking him before Christmas so it would also be financially irresponsible, but hey, the board have previous for that also, don't they?

5 hours ago, Michael W said:

Hopefully we are not considering a two year contract for McGlynn after that absolute show from December onwards. 

Of the out of contract players I'd keep Musonda, Tumilty and Spencer, with the rest let go. Unfortunately I think Tumilty and Musonda are leaving and not sure about Spencer, which then brings me to the question of whether I'd keep Benedictus. If we had the facility to retail Musonda, then no I wouldn't. I might reconsider when McKay and Musonda both go, since we'll be needing a new RB and need a better LB as well. Too many new faces might not be wise. 

Up front it's over to McGlynn (probably) to address an issue that he has struggled with the last two seasons. If Poplatnik's contract at Livi is up (and I think it is) then I'd try and get him signed up. He's managed a pretty solid return and I think he is capable. Beyond that, two new strikers needed. 

Had Dick and Zanatta been out of contract I'd have let then go as well. Zanatta is a pretty good comparison to our season, actually - started off beyond expectations and then just frustrated everyone. 

Finally, give us something to cheer about and get Goodwillie fucking gone. 

Poplatnik has another year at club option…Livi were considering exercising the option.

If Tumilty and Musonda leave, I’d keep Bene, and perhaps even McKay, as (hopefully) reserves.

13 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah. Giving a 2 year deal to a man who couldn't manage us to a single home win in 2022 would be stupidity in my opinion. 

There is a decent chance we'll be sacking him before Christmas so it would also be financially irresponsible, but hey, the board have previous for that also, don't they?

You’ll be in your element.