The New Raith Rovers Thread

48 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Yeah I thought the announced attendance was suspiciously low. Home end was pretty busy - at least as busy as normal.

Watching from my recliner in my living room, home end was far from busy as normal,it was close to early challenge cup round crowd

I know quite a few season holders not there tonight and not surprising walk ups wouldn,t pay £20 for a dead rubber

So what doe we think? McGlynn staying or has he had enough?

Connolly, Zanatta and Ross are all signed up for next season. So spectacular goals are here to stay. Who else is signed up for next season? I think Texas Rover has maybe already covered this, but it would be good to recap.

I’m away to watch McGlynn’s interview to see what my take on his body language is. If he goes it’s a motley crew of guys who have finished their playing career and are looking for a break and lower league jobber managers looking for their next sacking. What a prospect.

Was at the game last night and thought it was a brilliant atmosphere and great advert for championship football.

As a team we have our faults, it's been a difficult season but as has been said before, if we had just started the season we would all have accepted our position in the league and winning a cup.

John Mcglynn has got us to a place where we expect the the team to be winning matches again. This is a far better position we are in now to where we have been before he arrived.

I'm sure John Mcglynn will know he has made mistakes at times, but footballs about making less mistakes than your opponent. 

Hopefully all on here can start looking forward to a new season next and on to more exciting games like last nights.

Programme spat is fairly entertaining.

Club choose not to distribute an edition where editor and contributors use the official programme to have a pop. 

Guess it's a good way to avoid having to hand on your notice. 

JM has over the piece got us out the seaside league, 2 Diddy cups a play off semi (oh for Tumilty not be flagged off side) even this season over the piece we were 1 win from a play off (Colin Steven or a single kick of the ball on the fog at Partick)

I would be gutted if he goes as I still think he has more to offer, get in a third wheel to freshen it up though.

Edited by The Tiel Burn

Why does nobody think there can't possibly be a better option that McGlynn out there? Remember when he originally came to us nobody knew who he was.

I seem to recall a few years ago that folk laughted at the thought of Dick Campbell coming to us as he was a jobber who was passed it. In our league so called jobbers McCall and Dodds managed to get their teams to finish above us.

I hate the argument that you can't change manager as "there's nobody better out there". It's very much a statement that holds no truth to it.

For me McGlynn's time is done. We won a few games at the end of the season against a Partick team who are in free fall and Hamilton who then lost 4-0 last night. Hardly the sign that things have turned. Killie were on their holidays last night and yes we played well but as a team we failed to really kick a ball since November. Winning the diddy cup really papers over the cracks and cannot hide the fact that we were on the verge of going top 4 months ago and now finished 17 points off the top and conceded 17 more goals than Killie.

8 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Club choose not to distribute an edition where editor and contributors use the official programme to have a pop. 

I don't really understand what's happened here. The "Rovers Digest" email from the club was advertising the programme yesterday and suggested there was a statement from the new chairman in it. 

9 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

JM has over the piece got us out the seaside league, 2 Diddy cups a play off semi (oh for Tumilty not be flagged off side) even this season over the piece we were 1 win from a play off (Colin Steven or a single kick of the ball on the fog at Partick)

I would be gutted if he goes as I still think he has more to offer, get in a third wheel to freshen it up though.

Not allowing publication of the programme is probably the best decision the board have made in the aftermath of the DG fiasco, it would have been a PR disaster that they appear to have averted.

Just watched the post match video and I didn’t get the impression that McGlynn was away. I like McGlynn and I hope he stays. I have a lot of respect for him and for the job he’s done for Rovers in his two spells in management. If he does decide it’s time to go, then fair enough, but I hope he stays.

12 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I seem to recall a few years ago that folk laughted at the thought of Dick Campbell coming to us as he was a jobber who was passed it. In our league so called jobbers McCall and Dodds managed to get their teams to finish above us.

You mean Dick whose team finished 8th last season and who we would have hounded out? 

Programme is available through Rovers Down South twitter feed. Club seem to have pulled it. Had a read and it's full if the editor giving it the "it's my baw" treatment.

We on here are no strangers to criticising the club but a takeover of the programme was bold. 

15 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Why does nobody think there can't possibly be a better option that McGlynn out there? Remember when he originally came to us nobody knew who he was.

I hate the argument that you can't change manager as "there's nobody better out there". It's very much a statement that holds no truth to it.

For me McGlynn's time is done. We won a few games at the end of the season against a Partick team who are in free fall and Hamilton who then lost 4-0 last night. Hardly the sign that things have turned. Killie were on their holidays last night and yes we played well but as a team we failed to really kick a ball since November. Winning the diddy cup really papers over the cracks and cannot hide the fact that we were on the verge of going top 4 months ago and now finished 17 points off the top and conceded 17 more goals than Killie.

Who would you want to see in the job then? 

42 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Was at the game last night and thought it was a brilliant atmosphere and great advert for championship football.

As a team we have our faults, it's been a difficult season but as has been said before, if we had just started the season we would all have accepted our position in the league and winning a cup.

John Mcglynn has got us to a place where we expect the the team to be winning matches again. This is a far better position we are in now to where we have been before he arrived.

I'm sure John Mcglynn will know he has made mistakes at times, but footballs about making less mistakes than your opponent. 

Hopefully all on here can start looking forward to a new season next and on to more exciting games like last nights.

This 👍🏻

9 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Not allowing publication of the programme is probably the best decision the board have made in the aftermath of the DG fiasco, it would have been a PR disaster that they appear to have averted.

There are copies out there, it just wasn't allowed to be sold as I understand.

44 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

So what doe we think? McGlynn staying or has he had enough?

Connolly, Zanatta and Ross are all signed up for next season. So spectacular goals are here to stay. Who else is signed up for next season? I think Texas Rover has maybe already covered this, but it would be good to recap.

I’m away to watch McGlynn’s interview to see what my take on his body language is. If he goes it’s a motley crew of guys who have finished their playing career and are looking for a break and lower league jobber managers looking for their next sacking. What a prospect.

Pretty sure jammer is, Stanton is for another 2 years, matthews , Lang , dick, gullan