The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:
6 minutes ago, Wildrover said:
Plenty of moral guardians of our and other clubs on P&B to advise us of a candidates suitability, can't believe that a decision hasn't been made yet when we need to try and be resigning players and looking to sign others, not very good from the Rovers 

You don't know that decisions haven't already been made, and we've just not been told.

That's true BB, but if he is going would be nice to give him a send off, other teams are recruiting players where we don't seem to be, I just think next season is a big one after the shenanigans of this one, don't want to be doing a Falkirk and team recruitment is very important

That's true BB, but if he is going would be nice to give him a send off, other teams are recruiting players where we don't seem to be, I just think next season is a big one after the shenanigans of this one, don't want to be doing a Falkirk and team recruitment is very important
Agreed. That's why I'll be going tomorrow instead of watching from home. Much as I hate to see others celebrating at Starks (Rangers premature title party apart), if it IS to be his last game, he deserves some recognition. I think we'll see from body language whether he thinks he's going or staying.

Scott Brown is a footballer I couldn't stand, but the faux hardman schtick he employed does not equate with him being a horrible human being. Unless I'm missing something here, of course...

At any rate he should be nowhere near the Raith manager's job, and I'm not sure anyone has actually suggested that. Unsurprisingly, the Aberdeen experiment was a disaster. 

44 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Scott Brown is a footballer I couldn't stand, but the faux hardman schtick he employed does not equate with him being a horrible human being. Unless I'm missing something here, of course...

At any rate he should be nowhere near the Raith manager's job, and I'm not sure anyone has actually suggested that. Unsurprisingly, the Aberdeen experiment was a disaster. 

I guess he’s no less qualified really than likes of Berra, Marvin Bartley etc.

5 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Those two benefit from not coming across as complete and utter simpletons, tbf. 

52 minutes ago, Enigma said:

46 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Those two benefit from not coming across as complete and utter simpletons, tbf. 

I'd like to think that lessons have been learned.

Hibs player Marvin Bartley threatened to ruin woman's life - BBC News

This thread just gets better and better. Firstly we have get rid of Sim, get rid of the board, then we have McGlynn must go but we can't replace him with Scott Brown because he's an arse or now Marvin Bartley.

Just out of interest did any Raith fans protest or shout abuse at Alan Lithgow when we played Morton. 

Edited by raith1974
Spelling

I'm sure we'll find out Mcglynns future soon enough. Strangely certain folk have come on here claiming comments on P&B have no bearing on the manager's future yet generally those same people claim to speak for the entire fanbase.

Scott Brown is a thoroughly good lad for what it's worth. That said, neither him nor Berra should be anywhere near the job.

A few posters have mentioned that we are a mid-table Championship side and they are correct, yes this season has been disappointing in terms of where we were and the collapse. That said, John McGlynn is the best thing that's happened to this club in a long, long time and he should still have the job next season. I'd be interested to see how he evolves the squad.

11 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Scott Brown is a thoroughly good lad for what it's worth. That said, neither him nor Berra should be anywhere near the job.

A few posters have mentioned that we are a mid-table Championship side and they are correct, yes this season has been disappointing in terms of where we were and the collapse. That said, John McGlynn is the best thing that's happened to this club in a long, long time and he should still have the job next season. I'd be interested to see how he evolves the squad.

Hopefully he makes a better job of it than he did this season. 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

This thread just gets better and better. Firstly we have get rid of Sim, get rid of the board, then we have McGlynn must go but we can't replace him with Scott Brown because he's an arse or now Marvin Bartley.

Just out of interest did any Raith fans protest or shout abuse at Alan Lithgow when we played Morton. 

Had we signed Alan Lithgow at the time? 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

I tried to get a chant of ‘he wanks in his car’ going but I just drew some funny looks from the old boys in the main stand.