The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Don't know where the talk about Bene not being good enough is coming from. 

Aye, he has his rash moments as do the majority of CBs but he reads the game well most of the time and wins more than his fair share in the air.

He's a keep for me.

I think in the position we're in, where Musonda is leaving, Lang is injured and Berra is another year older, keeping him for another year is probably a sensible move. 

Based on his actions at the end of the game I wouldn't say he looked like someone saying his goodbyes. 

Musonda and Tumilty are clearly away though. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

One of two options for me; McGlynn and Smudger get another year or JM goes upstairs as Director of Football and Smudger mentors Berra . Needs resolving pronto now the last ball's been kicked.

Think we can take it Frankie's away from the extravagant farewell, and I assume Tumilty's off too. Would love to hold onto Spencer but not confident of that either. Give Bene one more season, especially with Lang months away from returning.

There's the nucleus of a good side there if we can steer clear of crippling injuries and Colin Steven.

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Musonda and Tumilty are clearly away though. 

The only out of contract defenders I'd have kept. 

League campaign doesn't deliver, your best players leave. Unfortunate but that's the way of it. 

33 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Aye, he has his rash moments as do the majority of CBs but he reads the game well most of the time and wins more than his fair share in the air.

He's a keep for me.

Agreed mate 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The only out of contract defenders I'd have kept. 

League campaign doesn't deliver, your best players leave. Unfortunate but that's the way of it. 

Absolutely. We'll never get a right back at Tumilty's level unless we're very lucky, and having someone like Musonda who can comfortably fill in anywhere in the back four is invaluable. 

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There are only two certainties in life.... 

Yeah he's probably lined up for the first Caley game next season. The referees' dept at the SFA do have a sense of humour.

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

He's a keep for me.

Bene is a keeper with our current dearth of depth, but he’s barely treading water at this level, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There was less than 1,000 Rovers fans there tonight. I can see us really struggling to shift season tickets for the new season. 

I must have been in a busy bit of the South Stand. Didn’t look like there was less than 1000 of us there.