The New Raith Rovers Thread

Thistle have to play Dunfermline (who gave them a recent doing) and Ayr at Somerset; both are desperate for survival points so they can quite easily lose both games, in which case we would need a win and a draw in our games against Accies and Killie;

If Partick draw one or both their games we would need two wins to qualify.

If Partick win one of their two games or we lose one it's curtains. - the odds are against us but after Saturday it's all to play for.

I mind last season when Hearts came to Starks on the last game having already been crowned champions and everyone thought they'd maybe take their foot off the gas and promptly scudded us 4-0. Champions or not Kilmarnock is a bit of a brutal last game especially when we're guff at home. Hamilton away isn't going to be easy either but we've faired better away from home lately so hoping we can get the win. Unfortunately we're also relying on other teams to help us out, which isn't entirely impossible but a tall ask overall. Reckon we'll pick up 4 points over the last 2 games but reckon Partick will do likewise.

Its obviously a hell of an ask still.  Just takes Thistle shitfesting a win and its game over, as poor as they may be, we managed exactly that.  We also have to win another 2 , 3 in a row in total.

We absolutely need Killie to win to make the last game meaningless for them, and hope for a couple of favours.  All we can do is try and win the game and hope for the best.

Its still alive, which is remarkable in itself.  Lets try and at least finish this jobbie of a season on a high.

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

I mind last season when Hearts came to Starks on the last game having already been crowned champions and everyone thought they'd maybe take their foot off the gas and promptly scudded us 4-0. Champions or not Kilmarnock is a bit of a brutal last game especially when we're guff at home. Hamilton away isn't going to be easy either but we've faired better away from home lately so hoping we can get the win. Unfortunately we're also relying on other teams to help us out, which isn't entirely impossible but a tall ask overall. Reckon we'll pick up 4 points over the last 2 games but reckon Partick will do likewise.

After watching Saturdays match it’s probably more likely neither of us will pick up 4 points rather than both us and Partick. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

On 17/04/2022 at 03:28, zicoromaines said:

come on here first time in ages and I see our club being criticised by townie and Dundee fans lol the pars loved the years of cheating and stealing by masterton which gave them cup finals and europe as for Dundee, they are the experts in administration and cheating, just need Livi fan and a sevco for the full house

as usual most of our pie and bovril brigade are throwing toys out the pram making mountains from molehills

i was down at open day Friday and it was great atmosphere lots of fans, women children. No protests, no questions, no mention of sim or goodwillie…come on here and everyone is in meltdown lol Wasn’t this a perfect time to get to Starks and air your views and grievances? No, obviously sitting whinging on a forum between yourselves is more important lol

dg will be gone in a month or two, mad Val will be gone selling loads of books off her womens rights publicity we gave her, it’s time to get over the mess of last few months..sim will continue to improve the stadium and fund the team…it is a time to look forward 

Ungrateful c**t, we took Marv, Toastie and Tosh off your hands to keep Raith afloat. Not to mention loaning Pops out to you this season. You're welcome:thumsup2

In case the unlikely happens. Just to remind everyone.

Stirling Albion - fail

Airdrie - fail

Hibs - fail

Brechin - fail

Alloa - fail

QoS - fail

Dundee - fail

So eight time lucky and only 6 high pressure games to navigate our way through. It’s in the bag! 

17 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

In case the unlikely happens. Just to remind everyone.

Stirling Albion - fail

Airdrie - fail

Hibs - fail

Brechin - fail

Alloa - fail

QoS - fail

Dundee - fail

So eight time lucky and only 6 high pressure games to navigate our way through. It’s in the bag! 

Forfar and the Pars enter the hall of shame as the only clubs to lose a two legged tie against us.

3 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Actually I'm the opposite - I would love the opportunity to sort them out for once.

As would I, but the risk of a repeat of that last match would have my head in orbit. 

I just want a whole.season without them. By whatever means. 

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

As would I, but the risk of a repeat of that last match would have my head in orbit. 

I just want a whole.season without them. By whatever means. 

I'm not bothered about ICT, it's Colin Steven that puts my head in orbit...

Good luck to the new media/comms guy that's been put in place.

Guess his first day has been managing a response to Sim. I expect to see him address the board silence ASAP if he's to be taken serious. CEO/Chairman in front of the media please. 

Bit of a gift having Raith TV turning out content as good as any in this league (can't compare to premiership) 

Please don't muck that up for the sake of it.