The New Raith Rovers Thread

Up until now, my anger of the signing mainly fell on MacDonald, Morgan and Sinton. Casting aside any moral or football case, it was a PR disaster (especially in the manner the club chose to handle it) and harmful for fan and community relations. I felt angry that these guys, custodians of our club, didn’t have the ability to judge what was sensible vs what wasn’t.

I kind of understood McGlynn’s position - he’s too focused on football and was maybe blinded by the fact he knew Goodwillie personally.

I kind of understood Sim’s position - he’s older, lives abroad in a country that has a different culture to ours and he probably misunderstood how easily you can bluster some negative press out.

I felt the other three were too blinded by the excitement of potential promotion (hob nobbing in Premier League boardrooms) and lost sight of what was important - being engaged with the fans and wider community. I felt angry that they didn’t listen to Clark and Mill, who were clearly more tuned into the wider picture. 

I suppose I see now why else they voted the way they did and why we’re unlikely to see any real change. 

Edited by Nairney
Unlikely, not likely!

I worry Sim has something in mind based on this interview and he’s setting the scene.

Alternatively he’s an absolute whopper who’s just let the storm calm before putting out one of the most stupid statements I’ve ever read.

Regardless, we need to get this charlatan out of our club and cut ties with starks park holdings.

16 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
17 hours ago, Grant228 said:
While he undoubtedly is a dreadful poster this is as valid a question to the normal Raith fans on this thread, as the ones they're asking Frank. 

What are yous going to do about the rape apologist running, and managing your club? A few weeks back McGlynn the rape apologist was getting his name sung for winning the challenge Cup, will it take Sim winning the playoffs to have his name chanted? 
The withdrawal of the volunteers was swift last time and at least prevented Goodwillie from playing for Raith, unless I've missed it there's been nothing at that horror statement. 
To say the fans have no power is ridiculous, withdraw your funds, withdraw your time, protest outside, but surely you have to do something? 

You do realise most of the Rovers fans here are season tkt holders, so there's no funds to withhold? As for withdrawing time, what time do you think we contribute to the club? Many of us, myself included, have stayed away from the club for varying periods of time, but I can't withdraw time I don't contribute. Protest outside? Have you read the Sim statement? Do you think, reading that, that he gives a single shiny shit what the fans think? He has clearly stated the opposite. There is, in reality, very little the supporters can do if Sim doesn't want to relinquish his role. There's a new fan director on the way and a new fan's panel being created, which I put my name in for, but what hope do I have that either can exert any meaningful influence in light of the Sim statement? We're stuck with the regime until he sells, walks or shuts us down. Standing outside with a bedsheet ain't going to change much.

Do nothing it is then. 

Super John McGlynn to get an airing if Raith win, NAP.

Do nothing it is then. 
Super John McGlynn to get an airing if Raith win, NAP.
We won't win. If by some bizarre happenstance we do, the same arseholes who sing McGlynn's name will undoubtedly sing it again.

Have you any better suggestions on how to remove an extremely wealthy owner who doesn't want to go? Or is "protest" as much as you've got?

12 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

We won't win. If by some bizarre happenstance we do, the same arseholes who sing McGlynn's name will undoubtedly sing it again.

Have you any better suggestions on how to remove an extremely wealthy owner who doesn't want to go? Or is "protest" as much as you've got?

As I said before, the actions of the Raith volunteers was quite rightly lauded, it was due to them withdrawing there services (and in particular Raith TV) that at least brought about the half arsed apologies, but importantly led to Goodwillie not playing for the club. 

To say the fans have no power, when it was fan power that got Goodwillie out is just utter pish. Combining with the support that McGlynn has had and you'll forgive me for taking a pretty dim view of the "poor Raith fans rhetoric". 

It'd be poor Raith fans if you were trying something, anything. It'd be poor Raith fans if you weren't chanting the rape apologists name whenever you've had a smidgen of success over the past few weeks. 

You aren't the first, and you won't be the last to be landed with an owner who's a fucking cock, if Raith fans do nothing about it then it's on them, a protest would be a good place to start to make it clear to the board that you don't want Sim (and those involved with the Goodwillie signing) involved with the club. It wouldn't get rid of Sim but what it would do would be to provide a rallying point from which to start the movement, I mean yous should know all this, you had the save the Rovers campaign before didn't you? And that probably started off with just a protest. 

As it is I'd imagine we'll get some outrage by Raith fans on here, they'll get over it pretty quickly before labelling anyone who points out that McGlynn and those running the club are a bunch of rape apologists as trolls, in a few weeks time we'll have posts asking for people to just move on and focus on the football. 

The Goodwillie situation never went away, Raith fans just didn't care about it, the same will happen again. 

Edited by Grant228

6 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Change the words to the McGlynn song or start a new one about John Sim?

We’ve got John Sim, stupid old John Sim, I just don’t think you understand, he signed a rapey man, now he’s getting panned, we’ve got stupid old John Sim.

That should get the club shut down.

As I said before, the actions of the Raith volunteers was quite rightly lauded, it was due to them withdrawing there services (and in particular Raith TV) that at least brought about the half arsed apologies, but importantly led to Goodwillie not playing for the club. 
To say the fans have no power, when it was fan power that got Goodwillie out is just utter pish. Combining with the support that McGlynn has had and you'll forgive me for taking a pretty dim view of the "poor Raith fans rhetoric". 
It'd be poor Raith fans if you were trying something, anything. It'd be poor Raith fans if you weren't chanting the rape apologists name whenever you've had a smidgen of success over the past few weeks. 
You aren't the first, and you won't be the last to be landed with an owner who's a fucking cock, if Raith fans do nothing about it then it's on them, a protest would be a good place to start to make it clear to the board that you don't want Sim (and those involved with the Goodwillie signing) involved with the club. It wouldn't get rid of Sim but what it would do would be to provide a rallying point from which to start the movement, I mean yous should know all this, you had the save the Rovers campaign before didn't you? And that probably started off with just a protest. 

As it is I'd imagine we'll get some outrage by Raith fans on here, they'll get over it pretty quickly before labelling anyone who points out that McGlynn and those running the club are a bunch of rape apologists as trolls, in a few weeks time we'll have posts asking for people to just move on and focus on the football. 

The Goodwillie situation never went away, Raith fans just didn't care about it, the same will happen again. 
So no, you've nothing more than "Protest." Cheers.

Some boy for the sweeping generalisations though, I'll give you that. And your obsession with us is now such that with minutes to go until what is arguably your biggest game of the season, you're on a Rovers forum.

Rent free in your tiny wee misshapen head. Which is nice.

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

So no, you've nothing more than "Protest." Cheers.

Some boy for the sweeping generalisations though, I'll give you that. And your obsession with us is now such that with minutes to go until what is arguably your biggest game of the season, you're on a Rovers forum.

Rent free in your tiny wee misshapen head. Which is nice.

Didn't take a few weeks, didn't even take 24 hours. 

41 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

I worry Sim has something in mind based on this interview and he’s setting the scene.

?

Bringing Goodwillie back into the squad next season as a final f**k you to the fans who are against it? After yesterday it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

13 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I'm just interested as Leishman was party to the whole shit show but is still revered along East End. 🤔

He was a massive, massive party in pulling all the parties together to get Masterton out. He was one of the ones that left the board and got things rolling. 

Quite right he's revered. 

29 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

What did you do when the Pars were nearly put out of existence? 

We protested. Not a bad idea eh? 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

He was a massive, massive party in pulling all the parties together to get Masterton out. He was one of the ones that left the board and got things rolling. 

Quite right he's revered. 

We protested. Not a bad idea eh? 

To cover up his guilt the fact he claimed he knew nothing about what was going on was laughable. 

2 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

To cover up his guilt the fact he claimed he knew nothing about what was going on was laughable. 

That we were overspending? Everyone knew that, we all just thought that Masterton had it covered. 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Conveniently ignoring the fact that he was on the board when the financial mismanagement was taking place and did nothing until it was nearly too late. 

14 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Conveniently ignoring the fact that he was on the board when the financial mismanagement was taking place and did nothing until it was nearly too late. 

Again, everyone was under the impression Masterton had it covered, just like how your board considers Sim to be covering all this expedenture on the ground... 

Unconfirmed whether Masterton was a rape apologist right enough. 

He knew its called "covering your arse" and your support fell for it.

Fell for him helping to save the club? 

To help yous out though, it all starts with a protest, do nothing? That's upto yous. 

He knew its called "covering your arse" and your support fell for it.

Seems like the Pars fans know that one of their legendary figures maybe didn't serve the club too well at that moment in time but are willing to look past it as he's done a lot of good for the club too.