The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Aye, cause that’s what every Rovers fans want to do. Hunt about the main stand on the off chance John Sim has turned up. Then when you do find him you can have a stand up argument with a 70 year old man. That’ll show you in a good light.

Why an argument? So basically no numbnuts will just go on a forum to get back up from the usual suspects. The fact Sim was in Kirkcaldy to announce the new shirt sponsorship might have given him the inkling he would be at the game. Absolutely no harm in asking. 

Just now, renton said:

Aye, I get the impression that all the infrastructure stuff is his real passion, and the day to day football stuff, he intended for the CEO to deal with.

Hence, the artifical pitch, the North Stand "hub" and "The Dugout" as he's apparently calling it.

It would appear he's much more of a "Kirkcaldy" man than a Rovers man, or even a football one. 

He appears to have a genuine interest in the community, and that the football club is just a vehicle for him to provide facilities and a service to that community. In one sense that could be quite laudable, but when he's also spouting off about how hard done by a predatory sex offender is, he can go and f**k himself. 

11 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

It would appear he's much more of a "Kirkcaldy" man than a Rovers man, or even a football one. 

He appears to have a genuine interest in the community, and that the football club is just a vehicle for him to provide facilities and a service to that community. In one sense that could be quite laudable, but when he's also spouting off about how hard done by a predatory sex offender is, he can go and f**k himself. 

Well don't go back then! You really do sound like an entitled wee p***k.

Here’s the bit I’m struggling to understand the most…

After Goodwillie signed, lots of fans still continued to attend games or perhaps missed a few then returned. Some still won’t be back, but looking at attendances they must be in the low hundreds or less. Whatever anyone’s personal opinion on the signing, and the subsequent fall out, lots of fans were still attending games as normal.
How would closing the club have been fair to them? Punishing the fans who were still visibly and publicly  backing the team when they needed it most? 

I stayed away from Feb - April, if Sim wanted to use his Courier interview to have a strop about fans staying away (which I suppose he did, by saying there are 41 other clubs) that’s maybe ill advised and petty. However, he chose to announce he had considered hurting the ones who had still been going to games and showing their support? Incredible.

47 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Why an argument? So basically no numbnuts will just go on a forum to get back up from the usual suspects. The fact Sim was in Kirkcaldy to announce the new shirt sponsorship might have given him the inkling he would be at the game. Absolutely no harm in asking. 

What would he have asked him?

I suppose next time he sees him he could ask him why he thought that interview was a good idea. Everything had calmed down a bit. What was he hoping to achieve?

The big issue with football clubs is that many owners don’t value or think about the fanbase when making decisions. That won’t change, whether you talk to them or shout at them. 

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

What would he have asked him?

I suppose next time he sees him he could ask him why he thought that interview was a good idea. Everything had calmed down a bit. What was he hoping to achieve?

The big issue with football clubs is that many owners don’t value or think about the fanbase when making decisions. That won’t change, whether you talk to them or shout at them. 

Which means he won't proactively try and do something about it bleating about it on here where he has his captive audience does?

4 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Not quite sure what you’re getting at here. Are you suggesting his quotes are okay? 

At this point like MOST Rovers fans i couldn't really care less tbh. What I have been saying is if they are so upset why haven't they done anything? 

Coming on here isn't going to change anything .

I'm pretty cool with the interview it clarifies where the club are at; Folk trying to bridge forward and realise what a community club actually is V dotty auld buffoon who works purely on ego.

He drags the 7 and his CEO back under the bus and it will be interesting how they respond. I'm now seeing the club and the Administration as 2 entities and as such the future of the club is at risk if we return to boycotts etc

His legacy won't be portacabins and fake grass it will be how he dug in deeper and deeper with his Trump style ramblings and placed his demands to be the loudest voice in the room before the actual standing of the club.

Before all else J Sim represents J Sim, in his professional world folk defer to his seniority and stroke his sense of importance, in football we don't have to doff our cap we can just tell him he's an out of touch, sanctimonious relic. Thank god the courier didn't ask him about those pesky foreigners and coloured folks

Edited by Always next quarter

28 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

At this point like MOST Rovers fans i couldn't really care less tbh. What I have been saying is if they are so upset why haven't they done anything? 

Please stop coming on here then... 

31 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Great. f**k off then.

Nah someone has to put a stop to your bullshit. 
You were asked earlier if you thought Sim's comments were OK. You ducked the question. I'll ask again - do you think they were OK? Do you think they're helpful in restoring our reputation and moving forward?

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:
14 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
Nah someone has to put a stop to your bullshit. 

You were asked earlier if you thought Sim's comments were OK. You ducked the question. I'll ask again - do you think they were OK? Do you think they're helpful in restoring our reputation and moving forward?

I also said at this point  I couldn't care less just like the majority of our support.  If you feel so strongly about it what are your intentions?

16 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Have you just woken up you utter p***k?  Another so called protestor ill keep hounding your little clique all the way.

No. Iv been calling out your pish since you started. If you're calling me a p***k, I'm obviously doing something right.