The New Raith Rovers Thread

What the absolute.....

So all the previous statements by the club were just nonsense then if this is what he actually thinks. The sooner that old p***k is away from OUR club the better.

Wonder if he'll be telling us to go support one of the other 41 clubs when the season tickets go on sale.

I went back to my first game, since the implosion, last Saturday. I also submitted an application for the new fans forum. Still felt very unhappy about the same out of touch hangers-on remaining part of our board and scunnered with the football on show… however, I was hopeful that the season was nearly over and soon we might see positive change on and off the park next season.

Now? F*cking hell!

10 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

What the absolute.....

So all the previous statements by the club were just nonsense then if this is what he actually thinks. The sooner that old p***k is away from OUR club the better.

Wonder if he'll be telling us to go support one of the other 41 clubs when the season tickets go on sale.

There's clearly someone inside the club who's trying to right the ship. Presumably, based on today's news, they're either not consulting Sim or expressly going against his wishes. I'd assume the former, but he can't be involved in stuff like drafting the 'apology' statements (or even the appointment of Susan Simpson?) because he obviously doesn't see the need. 

It feels like he must be barely involved with the day-to-day now on things like the Fan Panel, and instead he's just turning up every now and again to run his mouth in the press and expose himself as the regressive, abhorrent, silly auld c**t that he is. 

10 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

There's clearly someone inside the club who's trying to right the ship. Presumably, based on today's news, they're either not consulting Sim or expressly going against his wishes. I'd assume the former, but he can't be involved in stuff like drafting the 'apology' statements (or even the appointment of Susan Simpson?) because he obviously doesn't see the need. 

It feels like he must be barely involved with the day-to-day now on things like the Fan Panel, and instead he's just turning up every now and again to run his mouth in the press and expose himself as the regressive, abhorrent, silly auld c**t that he is. 

I'm sure Sim was there on Saturday you should have asked to speak to him. Then again why do that when you can come on here to seek attention. 

2 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

I'm sure Sim was there on Saturday you should have asked to speak to him. Then again why do that when you can come on here to seek attention. 

Aye, cause he knew then that Sim was going to run his mouth off in the press and make the club look like a bunch of c***s again.

27 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

For me it comes back to the underlying problem of checks and balances (or the lack thereof) in how decisions are made at the club. People inside the club have spent months taking steps - baby steps, but steps nonetheless - towards restoring goodwill and bringing fans and volunteer groups back on-side, and yet the owner is still able to go completely off-script when taking to the press by effectively saying he doesn't understand what all the fuss was about. You would have thought someone like Sim, who's made a whole career out of good governance and prudent business practice, would have wanted to ensure he was properly briefed before talking to the press, but clearly not...

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

At least he's not making these comments as chairman of the club. So hopefully they can be recorded that way ie the thoughts of an out of touch owner and not those of the club.

I hope so…. But he does say in the article that those (involved in decision making) are “my people”. Obviously there are a few different ways to take that comment.

43 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Aye, cause that’s what every Rovers fans want to do. Hunt about the main stand on the off chance John Sim has turned up. Then when you do find him you can have a stand up argument with a 70 year old man. That’ll show you in a good light.

1 hour ago, Against The Machine said:

Aye, I get the impression that all the infrastructure stuff is his real passion, and the day to day football stuff, he intended for the CEO to deal with.

Hence, the artifical pitch, the North Stand "hub" and "The Dugout" as he's apparently calling it.