The New Raith Rovers Thread

If Stanton had a six month deal I don’t think we’d be clamouring for him to stay.

He definitely isn’t a bad player, and can come good. Landed into a terrible team and that isn’t his fault. But I’m not really sure what he’s been bringing, particularly over the last couple of months after a stronger start.

4 hours ago, Paco said:

If Stanton had a six month deal I don’t think we’d be clamouring for him to stay.

He definitely isn’t a bad player, and can come good. Landed into a terrible team and that isn’t his fault. But I’m not really sure what he’s been bringing, particularly over the last couple of months after a stronger start.

I’m with you on that. Also slower than a week in the jail!

19 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

By my reckoning - and a quick check through results and scorers - Zanatta won us 16 points with his goals. That’s not even starting on his assists.

Morton 0 v 1 Rovers - 3 points

Ayr 0 v 2 Rovers - 3 points

Rovers 3 v 2 Partick Thistle - 3 points

Rovers 1 v 1 Dunfermline - 1 point

Rovers 2 v 1 Ayr - 3 points

Accies 0 v 3 Rovers - (we were getting the 3 points anyway, but he got the third goal)

Rovers 1 v 0 Kilmarnock - 3 points

What position would we be in without his goals? He stopped scoring and we stopped winning. If it wasn’t for his goals this season could have been a relegation scrap with the Pars.

We’ve only won 10 out of 33 league games and half of those were thanks to big Dario Zanatta. He is the reason we haven’t been relegated.

You know it makes sense. #VoteDario 🇨🇦 

Good point. The other interesting thing which this post makes me think of is how many of those games in the first half of the season were won by a single goal in our favour, or drawn. On the other hand, out of the 15 games we have failed to win since our long unbeaten run ended, in only 4 of them have we lost by more than a single goal. There have been so many games since December where I've come away thinking 'in isolation, that's not a bad result' or 'we'll play worse than that another day and get a better result.' I know it's a footballing cliché, but it really does show how it only takes a few players getting injured or having a dip in form for the narrow wins to turn into draws, and the draws to turn into defeats.

17 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

I don’t think we need a massive overhaul in the summer but I’d be happy to see the back of Musonda, Dick, Tumilty, Varian & Poplatnik.

If we can use that money to add some proper physicality and pace in the forward areas I think we can kick on again next year.

The defence needs urgent attention.

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

The defence needs urgent attention.

Aye, of the 5 centre backs I'd only definitely keep two and one of them is injured.

Benedictus has been a good and loyal servant etc. But he's prone to losing us games. McKay is above his ceiling. I'm torn on Musonda who has good games and bad and had been injured and moved around a lot.

Of the full backs, I feel like Tumilty won't be our choice and has the look of a guy already gone. Would happily let Dick go. I don't feel like his defensive attributes are good enough to make up for his lack of attacking, which hasn't helped Zanatta.

2 hours ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

I don’t think we need a massive overhaul in the summer but I’d be happy to see the back of Musonda, Dick, Tumilty, Varian & Poplatnik.

If we can use that money to add some proper physicality and pace in the forward areas I think we can kick on again next year.

I’d keep Poplatnik if it was possible. I think there’s a decent striker in there if given decent service. He reminds me a bit of John Baird.

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Mental that anyone would be “happy to see the back of” Reghan Tumilty. Best right back we’ve had for about a decade, if not longer. 

Tumilty probably won’t be short of offers. As an attacking full back he is excellent.

Tumilty has been pretty poor for months now. Says a lot that he’s one of only five or six not to have had a lengthy spell out injured, and yet nobody even mentioned him for POTY.

‘Glad to see the back of him’ is clearly way too strong but I’m not sure a move isn’t mutually beneficial in the summer. Musonda had a better game at RWB than he did on Saturday, and Musonda was playing centre half!

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Tumilty has been pretty poor for months now. Says a lot that he’s one of only five or six not to have had a lengthy spell out injured, and yet nobody even mentioned him for POTY.

‘Glad to see the back of him’ is clearly way too strong but I’m not sure a move isn’t mutually beneficial in the summer. Musonda had a better game at RWB than he did on Saturday, and Musonda was playing centre half!

With you

54 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If Tumilty doesn’t go to the Premiership in the summer, I’ll be amazed. I had heard St Mirren mentioned. 

If its St Mirren he could be staying in the Championship

I couldn't help but think Tumilty's performance in the final was that of a man looking for a move. The downside of not getting promoted (or, as the case may be, embarking on an utterly howling run of form) is that your better players get picked off. 

At least one CB (likely 2), a RB and a new LB on the list this summer for starters. 

Edited by Michael W

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

If Tumilty doesn’t go to the Premiership in the summer, I’ll be amazed. I had heard St Mirren mentioned. 

Certainly black and white stripes…

13 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Stephen Robinson was in the Main Stand on Saturday.