The New Raith Rovers Thread

37 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Something to do with one man in charge of both companies/businesses?

Not sure if I,m reading these properly but it appears or administive expenses are £440,462 compared to £301,346

£504,000 Goverment grant

£132,969 Job retention scheme

It seems to me that if it's good it goes to SPP, with all the shit being dumped on the football club.

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

How much did the floodlights cost? 

That year would include the £500k covid grant and also the c£100k raised by the fans when lockdown started, which is a £450k gap...

Edit: answering my own question, the amount is £145k, from the notes to the accounts (capital commitments). Not clear to me if that's included in the accounts or not. 

I also have no idea why the club is paying for something that Starks Park Properties is the beneficiary of. 

On the plus side, the club has an additional £200k in cash that it didn't have in the previous financial year. 

That £145k will appear in this year's accounts. It's basically a spend that the club have committed to without meeting the necessary requirements for it to be booked in that year's accounts. 

I had thought a figure of £250k was mentioned for the floodlights but it could be that some of that expenditure was incurred in the 2021 accounts. 

56 minutes ago, renton said:

Up until his leg break I'd personally have had Spencer down for it as he was the metronome behind the team when we were doing well, and had stepped up into Hendry's role really well.

Not to be cynical, but Tait was equally behind a lot of the early success…and disappeared at nearly the same time…just saying.

This always gives me the chills. I was there and it looked like we were gone. Until this happened. I miss Chris Duggan for his tenacity, the injuries this guy sustained was so unfair. I miss that fight. 

13 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

This always gives me the chills. I was there and it looked like we were gone. Until this happened. I miss Chris Duggan for his tenacity, the injuries this guy sustained was so unfair. I miss that fight. 

The Barry Smith days. For every Airdrie there was an Alloa or Albion Rovers. 

Things might seem bleak at the moment but not that bad.... 

39 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The Barry Smith days. For every Airdrie there was an Alloa or Albion Rovers. 

Things might seem bleak at the moment but not that bad.... 

it was an attempt to feel better about the club. How we never ever gave up. The truth is OUR CLUB will prevail……eventually 

9 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

25 years ago today since Alex Penman gave Iain Munro his jotters in the car park at Motherwell.

And quite rightly so…

we need an Alex Penman

Edited by baillieinleeds

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Not to be cynical, but Tait was equally behind a lot of the early success…and disappeared at nearly the same time…just saying.

Nothing cynical about it. Having to bring in basically a new midfield, neither of whom were as good as they replaced certainly didn't help.

I don't get Sam Stanton. He's a classy footballer, yet never seems to positively influence a game. 

27 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

it was an attempt to feel better about the club. How we never ever gave up. The truth is OUR CLUB will prevail……eventually 

We've just been spreading the love this season by giving other teams the chance to experience that feeling when they pulled off an improbable comeback against us...

Nothing cynical about it. Having to bring in basically a new midfield, neither of whom were as good as they replaced certainly didn't help.
I don't get Sam Stanton. He's a classy footballer, yet never seems to positively influence a game. 
With you on that. I don't know why, but he looks like a guy who's regretting his move. Clearly quality there but I don't think he exerts as much influence as we were led to believe he would.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We've just been spreading the love this season by giving other teams the chance to experience that feeling when they pulled off an improbable comeback against us...

Yea, I know. 

I feel for Stanton a wee bit. He's basically landed in a team that's gone on a horrible run. I agree that we expected more from him, but I don't know that anyone's good enough to counteract that full momentum swing singlehandedly. 

I think he'll be a useful player next season, but more than any one individual's performances, the manager needs to sort out the balance in the midfield. 

5 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I feel for Stanton a wee bit. He's basically landed in a team that's gone on a horrible run. I agree that we expected more from him, but I don't know that anyone's good enough to counteract that full momentum swing singlehandedly. 

I think he'll be a useful player next season, but more than any one individual's performances, the manager needs to sort out the balance in the midfield. 

Aye, and not to repeat myself indefinitely but with most of a squad already signed up, we can't afford a scattergun signing policy in the summer.

25 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
32 minutes ago, renton said:

With you on that. I don't know why, but he looks like a guy who's regretting his move. Clearly quality there but I don't think he exerts as much influence as we were led to believe he would.

I'm probably reading far too much into this, but it was noticeable he was a very peripheral figure in the cup final celebrations. A couple of the players also alluded to him never saying anything on the team coach. 

He's probably just a quiet guy who keeps himself to himself, but it could be he's not settled. It might be that he's not enjoyed our more direct style of play the last couple of months. Who knows.

Things could change a lot for both us and him in the summer though so all isn't lost yet. 

34 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I'm probably reading far too much into this, but it was noticeable he was a very peripheral figure in the cup final celebrations. A couple of the players also alluded to him never saying anything on the team coach. 

He's probably just a quiet guy who keeps himself to himself, but it could be he's not settled. It might be that he's not enjoyed our more direct style of play the last couple of months. Who knows.

Things could change a lot for both us and him in the summer though so all isn't lost yet. 

Aye, I just had this awful revelation that I was watching a better version of Stuart Anderson out there.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, I just had this awful revelation that I was watching a better version of Stuart Anderson out there.

There's been enough parallels to the Grant Murray era this season without you bringing him up. Someone I had totally forgotten about. 

At least Stanton can actually move. 

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, renton said:

Concur

19 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There's been enough parallels to the Grant Murray era this season without you bringing him up. Someone I had totally forgotten about. 

At least Stanton can actually move. 

Never sign trialists. 

All of Murray's sides were odd. Every close season he'd fix the part of the team that had been problematic during the season, and every close season a different part of the team would break.

Maybe the £500,000 we got from the Covid business payment (it's in the figures) went towards the lights? If it wasn't for that payment we would have been in a real financial hole.
Shuffling of money. Unless the clubs don't have to prove what the money was used for, there is no chance covid money could be used fo lights. Maybe used to set up the ticketing system for starters.