The New Raith Rovers Thread

After I (wrongly) spat the dummy regarding the goodwillie fiasco,  I've been peeking back in here the last few weeks, I watched the final yesterday and bloody enjoyed it.

Nobody was wrong if they "spat the dummy" and said they'd not be back while he was there. Its perfectly logical to do that. I said I'd not be back until he was gone, and felt by commiting to not fielding him and getting rid of him that it was enough.

You don't need to justify yourself to anyone. The easy thing would have been to stick your head in the sand and ignore it. Even aside from two key sponsors, we've lost a fair number of really decent human beings. There's absolutely no shame in cooling your views over time.

Gullan, and Williamson for that matter, might not necessarily be in many people's preferred starting 11 at the moment but we are losing two useful options off the bench. Factor in Spencer seemingly not being fit enough to play and our bench options depending upon formation are basically Zanatta/Varian, McKay, Arnott, Mackie/Dick and Young. 

It's not great. 

31 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

No word on the management contracts yet, I hope this isn't being left to the last game, with important players also out of contract that really do need tied down.  

If they're being let go I pray that we are at least exploring other options at the moment rather than waiting until the summer and floundering about at the last minute. 

I would imagine the cup win has strengthened the position of the current management team though. 

I think the best two games will have a massive, massive bearing on whether or not we offer McGlynn and Smith new deals. 4 points from next two and I think they probably get new deals. Less than that and they don’t. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

35 minutes ago, donny86 said:

I see Jim Foy is finally out his huff and was back taking photos last week

He's been back for a bit now, he's certainly been taking photos from the railway stand the last few home games. 

The cup win in 2014 undoubtedly saved Grant Murray's job. Although we finished 7th that season, we finished 2 points ahead 9th-placed Cowdenbeath. It was a season that saw us win a pathetic 3 league games in the second half of the season, which I really hope we avoid matching. 

Edited by Michael W

40 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The cup win in 2014 undoubtedly saved Grant Murray's job. Although we finished 7th that season, we finished 2 points ahead 9th-placed Cowdenbeath. It was a season that saw us win a pathetic 3 league games in the second half of the season, which I really hope we avoid matching. 

Was it that season that Malpas was brought in?

8 hours ago, CALDERON said:

That was the season after.  Malpas apparently went right through the squad after Murray got sacked.

Was he not sacked second to last game, Ellis got the 2-2 game vs. Dumbo and then the squad was half cleared out anyway?

Over simplifying obviously but if I had to sum up Murray's time at the club it would be that season on season he would solve the shortcomings from one season but somehow manage to introduce new ones.

First season he had a crap midfield.

Second season he had a crap forward line.

Third season he had a crap defence.