The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just to add that as I understand it nothing could really happen in terms of Sim stepping down, as he’s hinted at, and a new chairman being elected/appointed while we didn’t have a fans’ director so good to see the wheels in motion with that too.

Edited by Enigma

You just know that Raith Raver turns a slightly deeper shade of pink when stuff like International Woman's Day rolls around, frantically mashing out a response on Twitter querying "Why is there no International Men's Day???" seemingly unaware that it takes place in November every year.

3 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Interesting to note this bit of the statement too:

Football has changed over the years and we as the Board feel that Susan with her HR and Small Business experience is uniquely qualified to help the club adapt. The players and fans of today are very different from the era in which many of the current Directors grew up and to survive the club must change the way we develop and support all of the Raith Rovers family whether that is players, club staff, volunteers, fans or the wider community. For this reason, we have also asked Susan to be the bridge between the Football Club and the Community Foundation. We really appreciate Susan accepting the challenge and know it is the responsibility of the Board to assist her with the implementation of the changes that she will undoubtedly recommend. 

It's not exactly how I'd have phrased it, it's a bit "I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, and now what's it seems odd and scary to me!" but it's an actual acknowledgement of the issue that exists in the boardroom and that led to the Goodwillie situation. It's the closest we'll get to an admission of "We're all old white men", which needed to be recognised and rectified for everyone to move forward. 

This is the first tangible evidence that things will get better again. 

Agreed. On the face of it seems a good appointment and an acknowledgement of the limited vision of our current board. Welcome aboard Susan, and good luck!

23 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Well, aye, us on here and the 500 quote tweets and 350 replies to it, which is more engagement on any tweet the Rovers put out other than Goodwillie related tweets. 

By comparison, the "We're in a final!" tweet had 52 retweets of any kind and 23 replies. 

As a general rule, if you're going to try and run a social media account, you want to avoid putting out content that actively encourages a pile-on. "No publicity is bad publicity" is categorically not true. 

And? That's like the guy who claimed Val has 90k twitter followers how many are Rovees fans? It could easily be morons like DA Baracus or D'Jaffo for all you know.

17 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Just to add that as I understand it nothing could really happen in terms of Sim stepping down, as he’s hinted at, and a new chairman being elected/appointed while we didn’t have a fans’ director so good to see the wheels in motion with that too.

Enigma 2022, cometh the man, cometh the hour. Giant hands for banging the back of stands for some, generous supplies of Caramel wafers for others.

A landslide in the making.

Edited by renton

The fact that the new Board appointment isn’t an over 60 year old man is decent, but gender alone doesn’t make it a good appointment. Time will tell whether this is genuinely some fresh new thinking or a bit of a face saving exercise or worse, another Sim yes person. Hopefully it’s the first sign of real change. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Good luck to the new appointment as I've said before I'm willing the club to get things right.

Diversity of opinion is needed not just gender diversity. As I've also repeated time and time again our CEO who has overseen the worse PR episode in our history is a woman. 

The courier hint at more change which is interesting. 

2 hours ago, Frank conner said:

And? That's like the guy who claimed Val has 90k twitter followers how many are Rovees fans? It could easily be morons like DA Baracus or D'Jaffo for all you know.

I dunno man, they probably just like her books. 

That's a good statement and appointment by Raith. 

On the face of it a decent appointment which on the face of it will be mostly to try and rebuild burnt bridges with the community aspect. Fresh blood and hopefully we get a decent fan director as well to bring fresh views and ideas more in keeping with the times we live in and public opinion. 

This is what folk were asking for so I hope it's more than just lip service and we don't still have the same old boys making shite decisions. 

She's local and (hopefully) lives in the town, this should help with the day to day running of the club unlike Sim and Sinton who aren't around very often.  Every new board appointment is a lottery, some do well for the club and others.... well hopefully she will turn out to be like the former.

Good luck in your new role Susan, get yer feet under the table then start getting rid of the deadwood around you. Now have you a spare £1/4M on you to bail out the board?

3 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

She's local and (hopefully) lives in the town, this should help with the day to day running of the club unlike Sim and Sinton who aren't around very often.  Every new board appointment is a lottery, some do well for the club and others.... well hopefully she will turn out to be like the former.

Good luck in your new role Susan, get yer feet under the table then start getting rid of the deadwood around you. Now have you a spare £1/4M on you to bail out the board?

A lot of deadwood including a fellow woman. Really can’t wait till the end of the season. A lot of hard work and thinking to do at San Starko

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

A lot of deadwood including a fellow woman. Really can’t wait till the end of the season. A lot of hard work and thinking to do at San Starko

Over the season what exactly did the fans rep do for every fans? IMO only bothered about one set of fans.  Apparently we have a new shirt sponsorship for next season an incredibly wealthy individual so not to bad.

11 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Over the season what exactly did the fans rep do for every fans? IMO only bothered about one set of fans.  Apparently we have a new shirt sponsorship for next season an incredibly wealthy individual so not to bad.

That’s a start Atleast