The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

McGlynn is an absolute legend. Anyone wanting him fired is a right divvy IMO

On January 30th this was the correct answer. Now i’m not so sure.

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

What happened? You were on a very long unbeaten run. Absolutely flying and looked to be between you and Arbroath for title.

All of a sudden goals being conceded and goals drying up at the other end.

This began before “the January transfer debacle” so why did things change so dramatically? Was McGlynn distracted in his pursuit of Scotland’s top scorer? Did he mess about with formation or starters?

Still time to make playoffs, but guess it’s between you and ICT now.

Always had a soft spot for Raith Rovers for some reason.

Spencer was vital in the middle and broke a leg.

In the 1st 1/4 Varian upfront with 3 behind caused teams loads of issues, the goals dried up from the 3, and teams got wise to our tactics.

Then some baffling tactics like Gullan as lone striker.

Defence looking shaky anytime without Berra

Edited by Halbeath Raith Rover

3 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Spencer was vital in the middle and broke a leg.

In the 1st 1/4 Varian upfront with 3 behind caused teams loada of issues, the goals dried up from the 3, and teams got wise to our tactics.

Some baffling tactics like Gullan as lone striker.

Defence looking shaky anytime without Berra

Add to that, the players pissed off that somebody was reportedly getting £1400+ a week on a 2.5 year contract

Here's a sobering stat;

If we lose the next two games we'll have gained 7 points from 13 games, with no wins.

Peter Grant was sacked after 13 games with no wins and 7 points.

At the moment we're 7 from the last 11 and 10 from the last 12.  We're just lucky Inverness are actually on an even worse run of form which keeps us off the bottom of the form tables.

8 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Of those players listed only Bene will stay in my opinion. McKay Isn't going to make it and the rest will be off. 

Yeah Bene if offered a deal will be as a back up , unless he can make it a level or two down the divisions, the rest I fear will leave and wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of transfer requests being lodged as well, unless theres a change coming down the line

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Yeah Bene if offered a deal will be as a back up , unless he can make it a level or two down the divisions, the rest I fear will leave and wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of transfer requests being lodged as well, unless theres a change coming down the line

Requests by who? Let's face it who will pay for them?

18 minutes ago, grumswall said:
19 minutes ago, Frank conner said:
Requests by who? Let's face it who will pay for them?

I'm sure many people thought the same about Goodwillie. Yet here we are.

Tbh you can't think for yourself you have to consult others to come up with an opinion. 

19 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Aye but that has been on the cards since November the wallpaper finally gave way, and even before that we were snatching draws from a winning position too many times

Yet nothing was said particularly concerning the CEO was married to the assistant manager now things aren't great players want away etc.

9 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Yet nothing was said particularly concerning the CEO was married to the assistant manager now things aren't great players want away etc.

I really don't think that many people knew that was the case. 

I certainly had no idea we'd hired our Assistant Manager's wife as CEO until it was posted on here during the Goodwillie fallout. Had I known this at the time, I'd have criticised the appointment then. 

As far as next season goes, I'd keep Tumilty, Musonda and Spencer from that list. Our presently dismal form also jeopardises the our chances of holding onto the players we want to keep. It's not just this season's playoffs that will be an issue if we don't start winning games again soon. 

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

You should probably try it. You would maybe not talk utter shite so much.

So tell us the facts? The clubs true finances, who's paying for what etc. Please tell us the true feelings of the players not to mention I heard your a qualified lawyer who know the legal system inside out.